Nhaler Silencer

Status
Not open for further replies.

MTFogger

ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2014
North Carolina
Thought I would post this here from the Nhaler section, too since a few use the silencer.

Ok guys heads up. Nhaler Silencer center post can be pushed in flat when installing it to the point that it will cause both negative and positives posts to touch and short out on both kamry and atm E-pioneer pipe heads. Center post are a tad bigger on most if not all pipe heads than standard 510 connections. Blew some pipe heads in the process of using them. Contacted Nhaler awhile back about them shorting out but all I got was it worked on their pipes when tested.

Here is a fix: DO this at your own risk
Made a rubber doughnut washer from a V2 cig condom same size as threaded side post (inside). Cut a small center hole in it. Alternative is find a very small thin flat rubber washer that will fit.
Take a safety pin and work the center post outward (ever so gently). Pull out so the mushroom head just clears the top thread.
Put on the washer.
Push head back in.
This will stop the center pin from going too far in.
Caution pulling out the pin may cause damage or break internal wiring if pulled too far out.

Maybe Drew can contact makers a suggest adding a fix.

liquid_strat

Verified Member
Mar 15, 2014
u.s.
any pics of how the problem manifests? I have a silencer coming and was only aware of the problem today when I was checking their site. I know that I didnt see a disclaimer when I ordered. "Not for use with pioneer e-pipe or Kamry K1000". what a bummer. I will check the situation when the Nhaler VV mod arrives in the mail later today.

MTFogger

ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2014
North Carolina
The problem is the center post on the pipe head are bigger than the normal 510. When you screw in the silencer the center post on it will recess further in, if its not already flush and become flush with the threads, thereby causing the center post and threaded post to make contact with the pipe head center and short out. Kamry pipe solder joint will melt even if it is fused. E pioneer will fuse out if its installed, but may cause damage to the bottom spring.

liquid_strat

Verified Member
Mar 15, 2014
u.s.
Thanks for the info. I did receive the Silencer today. Looks like I will need to try it out with another mechanical mod.
Before I saw your reply, I did hook the two up, but never got the two to work together. The K1000 is still working. The jury is out on whether or not I fried the Silencer unintentionally. I suppose patience would have been the virtue in this case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread