Niacin are our bodies craving it ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

schatz

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2014
Tucson, Arizona , U.S,A
This appears to be a fifteen year old article and teen smoking has dropped considerably since then. Was a study ever done?
I do not know if further study was done as our universities are busy with studies that might actually make $ for commercial purposes. But it does seem to be a different way of thinking that I will use as approach to looking at other addictions.

Reactions: WorksForMe

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
My doctor prescribed very high dose niacin years ago for Tryglicerides. They told me to take it at bedtime and I'd sleep through the side effects. Niacin expands blood vessels and that's a good thing for circulation. High dose Niacin REALLY expands vessels and you get a whole body tingling effect that leaves you feeling like you are sunburned for a half hour to an hour.

It woke me up at 2am every night I took it. I'd go into the family room and turn the ceiling fan on high and sprawl in a chair and let it blow over me. Not fun! After a while it would wear off and I'd go back to sleep.

That said, it's good for circulation and the more blood flowing through your liver the more the bad stuff is filtered out. Take the highest dose that doesn't cause the above side effects. My doctor says it's harmless, but anyone taking it should read up on the benefits, dosage, and side effects. It's in your daily vitamin tablet in lower doses, anyway.

Reactions: schatz
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread