nic free glycerin throat hit needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sun Vaporer

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Florida
I'm using glycerin and coffee food flavouring, but the throat hit is weak. Can you please suggest any flavourings that will increase the throat hit?
Thanks.

PS what if I added some powdered instant coffee?

New year--you need to order flavorings from www.lorannoils.com or bickfords. They are 3 to 4 times stronger then the supermarket flavorings and will blow you right out of the room!! Talk about thoat hit and flavor. Check under item detail of each flavor you are looking at on their website to make sure it is water soluable--You will get th hit you want. I have been using them as well as many here for months now and they are great--Hope that helps--Sun:)

Kate

Moved On
Jun 26, 2008
UK
I read recently someone saying they got a hit from adding lemon juice.

Everybody seems to mean different things when they talk about throat hit or kick or whatever. I think of it as harshness but some people think of it as volume of vapour giving a feeling in the back of the throat.

I've learned to say harshness for clarity when that's what I mean.

Sun Vaporer

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Florida
To me., "throat hit" means you feel something in your throat when you inhale just like an analog. I started adding lemon juice when I noticed Johnson Creek was listing it as an ingredient and it does bump that feeling just a little, but it is enough to justify continue using it by adding a couple of drops. Hope that helps--Sun

Sun Vaporer

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Florida
Is there any danger using food flavours or coffee or powdered mongoose testicles? Seems like you folks have tried all kind of weird stuff?
Jimi

Food flavors are used in all commercial e-liquids that are flavored and IMO it is safer to make my own as I know is in it--really is what is in it!! Thanks--Sun:)

nicowolf

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2008
near Akron, OH, USA
I'll pass on the powdered mongoose testicles, thanks.

When I say throat hit, I mean a combination of that full, congested feeling in the lungs and the burn in the throat. Together, they feel much like being kicked in two places at once.

Maybe we should start a thread or a poll or something to agree on some terms for describing these sensations. I never even tried to describe the feeling of a cigarette before this forum. Now I have some vivid stuff to describe and must find and create words. I could wax poetic, even sensual, about the sensations, but which would be more helpful, clinical-analytical descriptions or poetic almost erotic descriptions (and I mean more helpful to the community, not your own personal fantasy life)?

nicowolf

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2008
near Akron, OH, USA
Is there any danger using food flavours or coffee or powdered mongoose testicles? Seems like you folks have tried all kind of weird stuff?
Jimi

We tried even weirder stuff and much more dangerous with analogs and NRT without ever questioning it. Now, at least we think it through and take calculated risks with our bodies. The key word being calculated.

Sun Vaporer

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Florida
The throat hit with the use of alcohol in my opinion is due to drying and what causes me to get a dry mouth as well. I tried many ways to get a good Vanilla Flavor and you do get a throat hit as all the strong Vanilla's contain a very high alcohol content--but it is not worth the trade off of the dry throat and mouth in my opinion. Then again others like it--Sun:)

Cage

ECF Veteran
Jan 9, 2009
Arizona, USA
It is SOOOO difficult, to try to make a decision about flavors and experiences because we are all just so different. I think that's a good thing, btw.
Just do a post search on "throat hit" and you'll see what I mean.

Some people's preferences are close to mine, while others are on the opposite end of the scale?
Clove flavor? Really?
I'd rather smoke a cat turd. (Please pardon my candor)
To me cloves smell like that stuff they burn in church, and as a child, would often send me bolting for the door in an effort to hold down my breakfast.
If you like cloves, then I truly hope you can find the best clove flavor out there to enjoy. Just please... keep it "out there".

I've sampled my share of the great flavors everyone seems to enjoy, only to return to the original (555) flavor I started with, a smarter but poorer man.
To further confuse the issue, this flavor that I enjoy so much, tastes different in every device I put it in.

I thought I knew what everyone meant by "throat hit", but now I'm not so sure.
I think it's the feeling I get when my throat reacts to the smoke/vapor I inhale. It's the bridge that lays somewhere between "okay, that's enough" and coughing. I definitely like it, but I can't give you the reason for it. As far as what I'm reacting to? I just don't know. Nicotene? Heat? Some chemical combination? All of the above?
Then again, I can't explain the contortions my face, mouth and throat experience when I drink lemon or grapefruit juice. My best scientific explanation? Sour.

Some of you people have tastes that totally amaze me. It's like your entire meal started out with the phrase, "I dare you."
Liver? Need I say more...
To each his/her own though. Go for it! Just, please... somewhere else?

I ordered three different bottles of 0 nic e-liquid yesterday and will post my experience as best I can when I try them out... for what it's worth. :)

Jimi Modo

Moved On
Feb 8, 2009
Western Samoa
The throat hit with the use of alcohol in my opinion is due to drying and what causes me to get a dry mouth as well. I tried many ways to get a good Vanilla Flavor and you do get a throat hit as all the strong Vanilla's contain a very high alcohol content--but it is not worth the trade off of the dry throat and mouth in my opinion. Then again others like it--Sun:)

Look up Glycol and humectant.
Jimi

mixxy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2008
Oregon
New year--you need to order flavorings from www.lorannoils.com or bickfords. They are 3 to 4 times stronger then the supermarket flavorings and will blow you right out of the room!! Talk about thoat hit and flavor. Check under item detail of each flavor you are looking at on their website to make sure it is water soluable--You will get th hit you want. I have been using them as well as many here for months now and they are great--Hope that helps--Sun:)

If you like the coffee flavoring, LorAnn's coffee wasn't on the "okay" list that Kate put together because it has 'caramel coloring' added. Does anyone know if Bickford's coffee is okay to use? I checked their web site, but I don't see a detail list of ingredients for each flavor. :confused: I'm LOVING the coffee flavor juices, and would really like to make my own.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread