nickel wire problem please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

scott7489

Jul 1, 2015
I've been vaping for over a year now and recently i bought a snow wolf 200, so when i got it the first thing i did was a nickel build (28g 12 wrap spaced) just basic to try it out, ive done nickel builds before on my dna40 with no problems at all until now. now my ohm resistance is jumping everywhere .... i thought it just wasnt making a tight connection but it was definitely tight, not even a little loose. the wires wernt broken at all, so i thought maybe its my new snow wolf.. so i put it on my ohm meter and sure enough it was jumping everywhere.. tried on my dna40 and same thing, 20 + builds later trying twisted nickel , dual coils and more wraps making sure all my leads are trapped and centered under the grub screws still no luck... ive tried it on all my rda's including ( tugboat v2 , hobo v2.1, derringer, darkhorse, mutation x v2, freakshow mini, aeolus ) nothing is working... can nickel wire go bad? ive had it for 8 months give or take its (28 gauge pure nickel wire from lightning vapes) any thoughts?

scott7489

Jul 1, 2015
Have you tried a non micro coil build?

the only theory, is metal movement when it reaches temperature. Try a tiny gap between the wraps and see if it still fluctuates.
IMAG0895.jpg IMAG0897.jpg IMAG0898.jpg IMAG0899.jpg IMAG0900.jpg IMAG0901.jpg IMAG0902.jpg IMAG0893.jpg here are some pictures of what happening if this helps, its just the nickel wire i bought from lightning vapes. and it does this on every device i have.

scott7489

Jul 1, 2015
My tempered ni200 from lightning vapes is fine. I wanted to see a pic of the build that's jumping around because it would be easier to diagnose if there is an issue. SSI many variables to consider with ni wire
Sent with one hand, the other is busy vaping.
i just posted some pics, ive tried easily over 30 builds all on different atty's and devices, this isnt the tempered nickel wire,its and older one they had about 8 months ago, called "pure nickel round non resistance wire"

USMCotaku

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
California
If you look at your top pic, you can see the right side wraps are much closer together then the left, and the left side leg looks like it passes underneath closely, possibly making that first left coil touch (can't see that one, but it's an educated guess.... Cause I did the same thing on a couple of builds :p)

scott7489

Jul 1, 2015
If you look at your top pic, you can see the right side wraps are much closer together then the left, and the left side leg looks like it passes underneath closely, possibly making that first left coil touch (can't see that one, but it's an educated guess.... Cause I did the same thing on a couple of builds :p)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread