Status
Not open for further replies.

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
the reason I asked about the pure nickel wire is cuz there is a non resistance nickel wire used for NR-R-NR coils... ( the type you solder the nickel legs to the resistive coil wire)... Ni200 is an alloy, therefore a bit more ohms per inch than pure nickel wire.... the firmware of the TC mod takes into consideration the given resistance of the wire and the "set point" needed to properly adjust the wattage for the coil to be at a specified temp.... use a wire that isnt near the "standard resistance of Ni200" and weird stuff happens... the firmware (code) hiccups...

scott7489

Jul 1, 2015
the reason I asked about the pure nickel wire is cuz there is a non resistance nickel wire used for NR-R-NR coils... ( the type you solder the nickel legs to the resistive coil wire)... Ni200 is an alloy, therefore a bit more ohms per inch than pure nickel wire.... the firmware of the TC mod takes into consideration the given resistance of the wire and the "set point" needed to properly adjust the wattage for the coil to be at a specified temp.... use a wire that isnt near the "standard resistance of Ni200" and weird stuff happens... the firmware (code) hiccups...
ya that has to be it! if i remember when i bought the nickel wire from lightning vapes the first time it was under no resistance wire, now they have a section for temp control nickel wire specifically . thanks for all the help guys! i have some other nickel wire coming in so it should work just fine.

Reactions: kkiet
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread