Status
Not open for further replies.

aine

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2009
Brookfield, CT
www.eliquidnation.com
That's normal in my experience. Whenever I tried the patch I had to remove them about 2 hours before bedtime or else I experienced the most horrifying vivid dreams. Made me wonder what the hell was in my subconscious that brought on such horrible nightmares, but anyway... When I took them off before bedtime I could get a decent night's sleep but then I had to deal with the extreme cravings when I got up the next morning. It was quite the roller coaster ride. Needless to say the patch didn't work for me, the e-cig was the only thing that's worked for me. This addiction is such a personal journey, I hope you find the path that works best for you. Good luck. I hope you can find a way to say goodbye to the analogs for good.

Scorched

ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2010
Denver, Colorado
The reason it might give you vivid dreams is because nicotine is a stimulant. For me, it works similar to caffiene; it wakes me up and keeps me alert. When you fall asleep there are two different stages, one where you are in a deep sleep and are not dreaming. this is the stage of sleep when your brain releases natural HGH (human growth hormone) which causes your body to grow and is alos synomonus with muscle growth and repair. The other is rem (rapid eye movement) sleep which is not as deep; this stage of sleeping is when you dream.

I can anly assume that because nicotine is a stimulant it may increase the ammount of time it takes to fall into a deep sleep, leaving you semi-awake. Sustaining a lighter snooze during the night is when you mind is much more active and is wandering off into bizarre realms of dream land.

Hope that helps :D

I had this experience switching to a PV. I think the nic content was too high for me (24mg). But, for the first week or two, until I switched all the way down to 8mg, I had the strangest dreams ever. Maybe it also has to do with the release of toxins after one quits smoking...a combination?

erischilde

Nov 26, 2010
Toronto
patches and sleeping always equaled weird dreams for me...

if i could afford to not get the best sleep, i'd sleep with a patch on and have the craziest dreams!!!
but weekdays (worknights) i'd take the patch off just before bed, easier to fall asleep and more restful...

as for vaping/smoking/chewing nic products while on the patch: if you need more nic, you need more nic. you cannot quit until you are comfortable... you will notice nausea, headaches, sweats if you have TOO much, at that time cut down...

so. if you feel comfortable at 3 smokes and the patch a day. do that for a couple days, then start to cut down.

Good luck!

NoMoCamels

Apr 23, 2011
Baden, PA
I don't remember dreams frequently like I did in my youth. When I wore the patch I had the most vivid and horrifying dreams. It was a novelty at first, but became dreadful to fall off to sleep. I would wake up with heart pounding, pulse racing, and breathing like a carp on land. My question is: Do I have these dreams without the patch and just don't remember when waking up. I am generally a happy well adjusted person without any psychological or social issues. Then, why would I write, produce, and direct these horror movies in my mind at night??
Well, no sleep issues after two months of vaping and zero analogs. Vape on!

dandelionwings

ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2011
Lexington, KY
i would have nightmares, vivid but horrible, so i would have to take the patch off. the smoking cessation nurse that i worked with suggested a low dose nic patch for sleeping in order to off-set morning cravings and that did help for a bit. i'm glad that some have good dreams ---but man, mine never were until i decreased the dose. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread