Status
Not open for further replies.

Lois2013

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2013
Pittsburgh, PA
So basically we can't be of any help to anyone here anymore. :( I guess that's one way to reduce the number of posts.

Does this hold true on all of the ECF forums or only supplier forums? I see this answered in the post below.

Honestly if it were not for all of you I'd be heading to a different site.

Hey Clark, would we be able to take "this" thread back to where it was and be able to talk about anything and everything, but keep the Nicoticket threads in the suppliers forum all about Nicoticket? Or is it that since you're now a registered supplier, the rules apply in any threads about you?

Or would you not be allowed to post in the thread if it was elsewhere in the forum?

James T. Liverbottom

ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2014
Duluth, GA
That's actually a great way of looking at it. I think that's the hardest part: Transitioning from the Hodge Podge family type of atmosphere to a professional storefront. I think many of us would still prefer the old style but understand the need for this vendor forum as well. The sub-forum JTL posted is one way of allowing the two to coexist.

This is exactly right my man. They can both exist it's not the end of the family style discussion as long as we can get a sub-forum there...Now if for whatever reason that is denied, which I honestly wouldn't see why it would. I will be the first to become vocal and express my disapproval about how ECF is conducting themselves, but it's not right to just instagrab the pitchforks and torches and say down with ECF without really giving it a chance to let the situation unfold.

speedydave

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 5, 2012
SF Bay Area, CA
That's actually a great way of looking at it. I think that's the hardest part: Transitioning from the Hodge Podge family type of atmosphere to a professional storefront. I think many of us would still prefer the old style but understand the need for this vendor forum as well. The sub-forum JTL posted is one way of allowing the two to coexist.

While I agree with the intended use of this sub-forum, I think that losing that "hodge podge family atmosphere" takes something away from what Nicoticket *is.* Clark treats his customers like family, not like just another number putting a few more bucks in his pocket. Hopefully the changes don't have that dramatic of an effect.

I think the best solution would be to find out if we can have our own social sub. I know at least one other forum supplier has one.

James T. Liverbottom

ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2014
Duluth, GA
While I agree with the intended use of this sub-forum, I think that losing that "hodge podge family atmosphere" takes something away from what Nicoticket *is.* Clark treats his customers like family, not like just another number putting a few more bucks in his pocket. Hopefully the changes don't have that dramatic of an effect.

I think the best solution would be to find out if we can have our own social sub. I know at least one other forum supplier has one.

If we can get a sub forum, then the hodge podge family atmosphere remains intact. It will just be in a different location.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2013
Omaha, Nebraska, United States
www.nicoticket.com
Morning all!! I hate the bumpy ride we're going through but I think we'll come out ahead. Just right now everything is so loose to interpretation. Clark, perhaps a closed sticky posting the rules for this forum, something definitive so we know that going in that direction is bad while doing all this other stuff is fine? Right now it feels like (how I remember) we can't chat, we can't talk equipment outside of NT juice, we can't post beyond NT juice...is this right? My brain is soggy so getting used to new things means having a reminder of good vs. bad. Not arguing just want something I can see all listed out....

Joe!! You are here, hi!! *waves enthusiastically*

I feel like a jinx...this happens in every group I've been involved in on the internet...exact same thing every time. :facepalm:

I'll post a definitive list of rules so there are crystal clear expectations for the rules that all vendors should be following.

gjustin79

Coil Destroyer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2013
Oceanside, CA, USA
  • Deleted by Kent Brooks
  • Reason: repeated criticism of Moderators or their moderation activities

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2013
Omaha, Nebraska, United States
www.nicoticket.com
I am closing this thread... it's no longer productive.

Please folks - understand - I have to do what I have to do to maintain this forum... ECF has rules and expectations of all supplier hosted threads (for registered suppliers) and forums (for forum suppliers).

The culture that was facilitated was facilitated over the course of the last 9 months was largely under the radar of ECF moderation (admittedly). Being upgrade to a Forum Supplier comes with additional rights, but it comes with even more responsibilities. This larger than the Vapemeet. Stop bashing ECF and the mods. Anyone who does so is NOT doing Katy or I, or ECF, or the wider-vaping community any favors by taunting ECF moderators. Agree or disagree, this is what we all signed on for when we joined ECF. If you choose to part company with Nicoticket or ECF as a result, I understand... but... I would encourage you all to put down the pitchforks and torches. I get it. You're frustrated. The "status quo" has changed. Despite no changes in the rules, the enforcement of those rules is stricter by virtue of the fact that IF we are, in fact, worthy of being the #1 Vendor, and the #1 Family, on ECF - then - we have to demonstrate some willingness to work within it's structure. Katy and I knew that the forum was heavily moderated and comparatively strict when we signed on the line.

In the broader sense, we have to conduct ourselves as though we are part of the larger community - and the larger community has spoken by virtue of the moderation activities. The rules aren't negotiable. They aren't looking for "feedback." We have chosen to honor the agreement with ECF and clean up our small portion of the forum. That means a significant change in the "status quo." Don't target ECF, go ahead and target me... but I am the primary moderator. I am ECF.

Katy is going to be more visible as a moderator... try not to take moderated posts personally... but we are cleaning house and we are keeping it clean. We need to foster an environment that is healthy to Nicoticket, for ECF, and for the wider vape community. If we CAN'T do that, we don't deserve the hardware we won, or the reputation we've worked so hard to build.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread