• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Nicotine and Birth Control

Status
Not open for further replies.

m1273c

ECF Veteran
Oct 7, 2009
Texas, U.S.A.
Menolly: I didn’t fully explore the research cited in this article but it is sure darn interesting…especially regarding the blood vessel remarks. I don’t think I’m currently able to put links in posts so here it is:
Silverman, Jacob. "How can nicotine be good for me?." 27 June 2007. HowStuffWorks.com. <http://health.howstuffworks.com/nicotine-health-benefits.htm> 10 October 2009.

SueandCootie: “It's only the estrogen based meds that are supposed to be trouble for smokers..that's why the mirena/iud/progesterin based depo shots are still recommended as b/c” --- this is a relief since I currently have the Mirena and smoke (will be vaping as soon as my 1st order arrives Tuesday)

Ryle: “…how did you ladies convince the DR to give you an IUD without having had a kid first?? Every piece of info I've found and the Dr's I've spoken to all say they can't/won't do it unless you've had at least one child” --- I had the same problems you are speaking about. I finally found a female gyno, and was her patient for long enough that she got to know me (I TOO don’t want children), that she agreed to put one in for me. My experience was the older (and male) Dr’s treated me like a stupid (as in couldn’t think for myself) female. I promptly dismissed them as my doctor and FINALLY found a female. Made things a LOT easier.

Kelly79: “Got Mirena a few years back, and I only have one bad thing to say about it, the insertion can be described in one word OUCH!!!!!” --- I also have the Mirena. My experience was completely unreal. My Dr. couldn’t get it inserted in the office (I think one other person posted similar problem). I will 2nd your OUCH!!!!! I had to go to a day surgery and was put under anesthesia due to what she had to do to get mine in. Scary huh? Just thought I would share.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread