nicotine and caffeine.....weird anxiety issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

yepimonfire

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I have not cut down on coffee, but apparently I'm not getting enough nic....now I have to go buy more DIY stuff and add some nic. I really should cut down on coffee, probably for general health reasons LOL...although I hear drinking coffee wards off Alzheimers later in life :p

actually, caffeine and coffee itself have numerous mental and physical health benefits with little to no negative effects on health.

a short list:
improved glucose metabolism
inhibition of a specific pathway that allows some cancers to grow
coffee itself aids in preventing numerous cancers, especially oral and GI cancers.
lengthening of the dendritic spines in the brain....allowing more connections to be made (neuroplasticity)
when consumed over a long period of time, it causes the hippocampus to grow larger, thus giving it stronger functioning. caffeine has been shown to enhance spatial memory and improve sense of direction and coordination.
caffeine also strongly potentiates dopamine transmission, basically amplifying them which is one of the things responsible for the increased motivation, concentration, and alertness.
yes, it prevents alzheimers, but also prevents the brain from aging in several ways. there is nothing unhealthy with moderate caffeine use unless you have a heart condition, or some other condition which may be aggravated by the use of stimulants.

~Sue~Feb2012

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2012
USA
Now this is why I love this website! I am having the same problems with anxiety and have cut my coffee down extremely!!!! I was drinking about a pot of coffee everyday while still smoking. I have cut that amount down to about 3 cups a days but I'm thinking that is still to much coffee. I'm just so happy to have found this website because I am learning sooooooo much and everyone seems so friendly and welcome! :vapor:

I, too, am happy I found this website for so much friendly and welcome info etc.
:thumbs:

hitman4274

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 29, 2012
south west florida
Sounds like I need to cut out my energy drink addiction.... Is there a e-energy drink? I'll just have to vape some redbull flavored juice... Kicking all sorts of habits this year, I'm stoked! Thanks for all the useful information from everyone's experienc.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

kingcobra

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 17, 2011
Canada
I am still a coffeeaholic and have been drinking over 10 cups a day for several decades now. I also moved up to 36 mg from 30 when I quit smoking, and after over a year of both vaping and smoking and trying to quit smoking, it really did take the 36 mg to do it. It still was tough but I got myself in a nicotine stupor you might say, enough to be able to hang on and get through the major withdrawal phase.

However, it wasn't until I switched to WTA juice that I finally made it over to the other side. I went from 36 mg down to the 24 to 26 that the WTA comes in. I was tempted to bump it up but was advised to try it straight as with the WTA you need less nic. After a day or so I found that this was true. I tried out some stronger juice since and found it to be too strong.

So I still drink a ton of coffee, but I am no longer keyed up. I was calm drinking this much when I smoked, I sure wasn't vaping regular juice, but now that I vape WTA I find I am calm again. The WTA in fact has replaced everything I was missing with smoking, and if you offered me some special cigarettes that weren't harmful and were also cheap I would say no, as this isn't just as good as smoking, it's a lot better. So if you feel something is missing with vaping, you can try snus, or some other tobacco product, but if you want to get it all from just vaping it indeed is possible for a lot of people.

babemomlover

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 23, 2012
Ann Arbor, MI
didn't read through this whole thread so I'm not sure if anyone else mentioned it but, and I'm at work so I can't look it up/research it further

but I could have sworn I read something about how byproducts of smoking cigarettes raise a level of a certain enzyme in the liver that processes caffeine at a much less effecient rate.
IE. smoke a lot of cigarettes and coffee effects you less.

Maybe this chemical is absent from e-juices and therefore caffeine actually starts hitting you again?

Just a thought/my two cents

~Sue~Feb2012

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2012
USA
I am still a coffeeaholic and have been drinking over 10 cups a day for several decades now. I also moved up to 36 mg from 30 when I quit smoking, and after over a year of both vaping and smoking and trying to quit smoking, it really did take the 36 mg to do it. It still was tough but I got myself in a nicotine stupor you might say, enough to be able to hang on and get through the major withdrawal phase.

However, it wasn't until I switched to WTA juice that I finally made it over to the other side. I went from 36 mg down to the 24 to 26 that the WTA comes in. I was tempted to bump it up but was advised to try it straight as with the WTA you need less nic. After a day or so I found that this was true. I tried out some stronger juice since and found it to be too strong.

So I still drink a ton of coffee, but I am no longer keyed up. I was calm drinking this much when I smoked, I sure wasn't vaping regular juice, but now that I vape WTA I find I am calm again. The WTA in fact has replaced everything I was missing with smoking, and if you offered me some special cigarettes that weren't harmful and were also cheap I would say no, as this isn't just as good as smoking, it's a lot better. So if you feel something is missing with vaping, you can try snus, or some other tobacco product, but if you want to get it all from just vaping it indeed is possible for a lot of people.

hmmm, sounds like I need to try this WTA. May I ask where you get it? Can you describe it? I have been vaping for over 3 months, but, still, first thing in the morning I light up my Nat Sherman Hint. After a few drags I put it out and start vaping like a madman. I kind of chain vape throughout the day. Then again after lunch, dinner and with my afternoon coffee I light up my Nats but put it out after about 3 drags and chain vape LOL. [All together, I end up smoking a total of 3 or 4 whole cigs a day, so better than 1 to 2 packs a day.]
Why do I do this? I can't pinpoint the feeling of what I'm lacking, but it's definitely something!!! I use 18mg ejuice, but perhaps should order some higher strengths. Not sure if that's it though. I suppose ordering some WTA is worth a shot. I also drink about 6 - 8 cups of coffee a day, but use decaf after about 5pm so I don't stay up all night. Thanks for your input.

Stubby

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2009
Madison, WI USA

signmeupmeow

Jul 18, 2012
Australia
didn't read through this whole thread so I'm not sure if anyone else mentioned it but, and I'm at work so I can't look it up/research it further

but I could have sworn I read something about how byproducts of smoking cigarettes raise a level of a certain enzyme in the liver that processes caffeine at a much less effecient rate.
IE. smoke a lot of cigarettes and coffee effects you less.

Maybe this chemical is absent from e-juices and therefore caffeine actually starts hitting you again?

Just a thought/my two cents

FWIW i have been having the same symptoms since ive dropped the ciggies 2 months ago, although i've figured out its the sugar and not the caffeine that causes these effects on me. I'm back on my 3 cups a day (no sugar) at work an i'm fine. Absolutely no sugary drinks, i just have water and i'm ok. Sugar also affects my sleep now while i used to be able to slam a coke before bed time and sleep like a baby, now i'll be up all night.

But i tend to agree with the idea that tobacco smoke tends to negate these effects. I've found alcohol also seems to help.

CaramelCathy

Nov 10, 2011
Pennsylvania
FWIW i have been having the same symptoms since ive dropped the ciggies 2 months ago, although i've figured out its the sugar and not the caffeine that causes these effects on me. I'm back on my 3 cups a day (no sugar) at work an i'm fine. Absolutely no sugary drinks, i just have water and i'm ok. Sugar also affects my sleep now while i used to be able to slam a coke before bed time and sleep like a baby, now i'll be up all night.

But i tend to agree with the idea that tobacco smoke tends to negate these effects. I've found alcohol also seems to help.

I have also cut way back on my sugar intake since I gave up the analogs. I'm approaching my 1 Year Anniversary {Smoke Free} :w00t: and over the last few months I have had to slow down on my coffee consumption and the last 4 weeks I've had to cut it out all together. I noticed my heart was racing mixed with some minor palpitations. I checked my BP and it was getting high. I cut out caffiene and it went down to 112/63. I decided to have 3 cups of coffee over the course of two days a week and a half ago and the heart palps started again. After tossing the coffee for good, it took close to a week for the heart palpitations to stop. I checked my BP yesterday and it was excellent. BTW I vape 8mg nic or less. o if others are experiencing this, there must be something with the chemicals in cigs and the caffiene in nic and the body healing after tossing the analogs! :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread