Nicotine: Box Elder Chemical Supply

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaxUT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 4, 2009
Ogden, UT, US
I received a 250ml bottle of 48mg VG from Box Elder Chemical Supply.

After drawing a 2ml sample and transferring it to a clear glass vial, I examined it for appearance. It was clear with a faintly yellowish tint.

I sniffed it for odor but really couldn't tell much. There didn't seem to be any solvent smell.

I took a droplet and tasted it. Yep, that's nicotine... I got the familiar peppery burn on the tongue within a few seconds. No actual taste, just the nic sting.

I diluted it to 80% concentration with distilled water, which should have produced a 38mg/ml strength base. I cleaned the primer out of a new EM LR 901 atomizer and put it on an eGo, added the liquid and vaped it to check the taste and effect.

Not much taste to it that I could tell, plenty of vapor as you would expect from VG in an LR atty, moderate throat hit. I dripped and vaped it for about half an hour, by which time I was getting a nic buzz and my ears began ringing slightly (slightly more than usual; I have tinnitus).

I used the remaining small amount of base to make a cinnamon/hazelnut juice which I vaped the next day. No off taste that I could tell.

In conclusion, this particular bottle of unflavored liquid is acceptable to me. It might not be up to the standard of Xtreme vaping's liquid but it appears to be pure enough and potent enough to serve.

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
No problem, Switched. Glad to do my bit for good ol' ECF. :)

When it comes to unflavoured only one man sees my business and that is Levy. So when I say thank you for taking one for the team, those are indeed high props.

I know you do your research well so I wasn't too concerned. I do see folks though that just go for the cheapest possible, and that is definitely something to be avoided AFAIC, just too risky.

Your tests indicate what is to be expected wrt quality and taste. I have read of late that some liquids smell like WD40, and that is a NO NO, and shouldn't require any flavouring or menthol to mask the taste. Vaping unflavoured liquid should taste blah or a faint peppery taste.

mikecup

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 9, 2010
Peninsula, Ohio
So you think xtremevaping has a good quality non flavored nic juice. I have tried healthcabin and Chris's nic juice at myfreedomsmokes so far. Some odor from healthcabin (VG based 39mg)w/lid off, no odor from MFS (PG based 30mg), but they both do have an odd taste when vapped plain. Can the higher nic level cause bitter taste?

tweazee

ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2010
USA, MO
To Mikecup:

IMO:

COD - usually means collect on delivery with a money order or cashiers check.

This probably means that the Supplier has not set up a credit card system for payment.
The Supplier set up COD terms with shipper so that the customer does not have to wait for supplies, and make sure Supplier is not getting jipped from customer for non payment of items. ???

Again IMO.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread