Nicotine Comparisons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimi D.

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2010
Florida Keys
Agreed !! If they are adding water I'm going to be P!$$ed off !! I was thinking maybe it was a little bit of PG ?? Water is unacceptable and I will be calling CS first thing Monday.. I will report back...
Yeah they should definitely specify on the description. I stopped ordering from them snakes years ago. Watering down my wife's FW cinnamon roll was unacceptable.

Dave_in_OK

ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2013
San Antonio Texas
Agreed !! If they are adding water I'm going to be P!$$ed off !! I was thinking maybe it was a little bit of PG ?? Water is unacceptable and I will be calling CS first thing Monday.. I will report back...

If they say it's Nicotine in 100% VG base then that is what it had better be.:2c:

cjb313

ECF Veteran
Jun 14, 2010
Las Vegas
@puffon I thought NN last batch was a tid bit astringent but what got me feeling ticked off was how quickly it oxidized on me compared to the VT Nic I Had in the same conditions for twice as long..
So I figured I'd try Nic-select and I was absolutely not even thinking it was going to be better but it was !! It certainly was NOT watered down like ECX and it was spot on for a perfect TH without any discernible odor or pepper taste..
I love VT Nic but it's pricy and so that's why I split my orders up.. I also liked that it had a tiny pink tinge to the Nic-select and it really makes great juices.. All in all I think that it's tied for 1st place with VT Nic but what puts it over the top is that it's less money..

As for ECX I'm going to complain because it's not cool to false advertise and plus I have no clue what percent DW is present and lastly I don't want my juices watered down !! I'm Going to try and see what can be done about it because I feel like I've been mislead into buying something that's not what it states it is.. In the end it's a priceless lesson and I will stick to buying Nic-select, VT or if in need maybe NN LoL !!
It's just not cool to screw folks like ECX did to me or gosh know how many others !!!

AlphaX

Apr 7, 2011
Fargo
@puffon I thought NN last batch was a tid bit astringent but what got me feeling ticked off was how quickly it oxidized on me compared to the VT Nic I Had in the same conditions for twice as long..

I've heard that from a few others about NN before too. Do you think its just that batch? or is it kind of noticeable with all their stuff? I've got 500ml of NN 48mg that I threw in the freezer for storage, I haven't touched it yet. The only other NN I've used was a sample I requested that was only 15ml, so that went to fast to notice anything.

Good to hear about VT nic though, that VT TH is my favorite by a mile.

Last edited:

aikanae1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
az
I'm glad Nic Select is tasting better. It sounds like ECX adds water. No biggie. I prefer 10% in my Inawera nic base.

I've heard that several brands add up to 2% DW to their VG base nic, but I'm not sure who or how much. The reason was the same, "mixability". I thought that was the standard.

Jimi D.

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2010
Florida Keys
I've heard that several brands add up to 2% DW to their VG base nic, but I'm not sure who or how much. The reason was the same, "mixability". I thought that was the standard.
Each vendor is different. My Chemnovatic VG nic base contains no water. Best bet is to contact the vendor before ordering.

JeremyR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2012
Oregon, IL

Good ones only add 2%, bad ones up to 20.. I had figured how much water was in WL, it was posted here last year. I think it was 10%, will have to look back

Water in nic will reduce its storage time! Cause it to spoil quicker ime.. Hence my wizard labs nic now smells bad.

Edit -

Well found the email I sent them, they claim no water.. I call bs because it was not that thick at all.. They may not add water but i bet the VG base they buy is already cut with water... You can find VG " for vaping" and its precut to thin it down.

May 17, 2014 10:18 AM
Subject: Enquiry Jeremy

Hi I was wondering if your vg is cut with water?
It seems much thinner than what I've used in the past.
If not why is it thinner?
I need to know the percentage for my mixing.

Hi Jeremy,

Thank you for your interest in Wizard Labs. No, our VG is not cut with water. The difference in consistency could be due to a different manufacturer you may have been using. Please email back with any additional questions or concerns.

Sincerely,
Timmon Hall II
Wizard Labs

Last edited:

Kurt

Quantum Vapyre
ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2009
Philadelphia

cjb313

ECF Veteran
Jun 14, 2010
Las Vegas
You guys are spot on.. They should just list it !!
So.. I called ECX and spoke to Patti their CS supervisor and she actually swore there wasn't No DW in what I got !!
Hmm.. Now I get why when I asked for the batch test info she said they don't have that and all she had was a MSDS. Really ??
Well that's it for ECX never will I go to them again..
I will stick to the devil I know than the one I don't LoL !!
Seriously I'm going to keep with Kevin (VT) cause he honest..
And Nic-select cause of I had to give an award to most improved it would hands down go to them cause their product is as good as VT (just different)..
Lesson learned...

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
So.. I called ECX and spoke to Patti their CS supervisor and she actually swore there wasn't No DW in what I got !!
Hmm.. Now I get why when I asked for the batch test info she said they don't have that and all she had was a MSDS. Really ??
SMH. Vendors selling DIY supplies shouldn't be that clueless.

I think everyone who orders nic base in straight VG from now on should ask the vendor: "Do you use water to thin the VG, and if so, how much?"

aikanae1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
az
I assumed they added water to VG because it wasn't mixable without it. That's how it was explained to me (don't remember who, a long time ago). With additions between 2% - 20% is unacceptable when they must assume the majority of their product will be used in DIY. Enough with the assumptions. Do they also add water to PG?

I wonder if we can get a clear statement, on the record, for;

WL
NN
VT-TH
VT-reg
RTS
MFS
NS (Nicselect)
Heartland (code?)
Chemovac (code?)
VZ
ECX
any other suppliers?

Dave_in_OK

ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2013
San Antonio Texas
If someone buys VG Nicotine that contains DW then stores that Nicotine in the freezer what effect will that have on the Nicotine mixture? I ask because as we all know VG doesn't freeze but water does so is the nicotine mixture when returned to room temperature in need of mixing? Or due to VG properties is the water reabsorbed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread