Nicotine Comparisons

Status
Not open for further replies.

JeremyR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2012
Oregon, IL
The USA_LN arrived. Stuck my nose it and got a great nasal tingle and a solvent odor. Rut roh. Has a pink tinge that is barely noticeable mixed down.

Mixed at 12mg/ml, it is very, very smooth. Less TH than WL. I detect zero pepper flavor and no nasal tingle on exhale. No solvent taste at all, however I'm not picking up any woody notes either. I do get a nutty note. Not the fake type I detect from flavorings. Its light and seems to give a nice mouth feel. A richness. Hard to put unto words.

Its early days and I'm on meds for a bum tooth. So far, so good.

Less TH than than WL, man I don't know.. Maybe we consider th differently.. However It seemed that with each nic I could get good TH sometimes, even the NN and VT.. So I think a lot of it has to do with how wet the coil is that particular session.

For the nic test I tried to go from what I got most consistently from each..

As for the Usa-LN, I found it different than other nics.. Mouth feel is part of it that makes it different too... So you get nutty... Well, I get nutty trying to find out what stuff tastes like. Lol... The other day I thought I picked up a hint of pickle from it..

Woody, solvent, nutty, pickled nicotine .. I don't know.. Lol ... It's good if you like it gamey.

The alchem nicselect, I think, is one of the truest nicotine tastes at this time.

JeremyR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2012
Oregon, IL
I see that.. Well the 120ml sample of 100mg is an extra 1.00 at $17.

Maybe the different taste is from the American tobacco its extracted from instead of foreign.

I would say don't go out of your way for it but its good nic. There is another one, carolina extractions i think, but haven't heard anyone that's tried it.

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2013
Taxachusetts
The main Nude Nicotine threads were closed and they're not talked about much anymore.

I liked their nicotine so when I found that they offer 100% PG free flavoring I ordered VG nic and flavors.
It's been a week since I ordered with no alert so I sent an e-mail today asking when it would ship.
No reply.
Does their customer service always suck or did I order at a bad time?

aikanae1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
az
The main Nude Nicotine threads were closed and they're not talked about much anymore.

I liked their nicotine so when I found that they offer 100% PG free flavoring I ordered VG nic and flavors.
It's been a week since I ordered with no alert so I sent an e-mail today asking when it would ship.
No reply.
I've been offline for awhile, NN down? Uhoh. I need to do some catching up. I'm feeling a bit of panic set in as a fellow vg only vaper. Jake always was a bit slow (or busy) responding but he wasn't shady. You might want to check out Reddit since he hung out in the DIY section there. NN has a large following of wholesale accounts and I wouldn't be surprised if they just did wholesale only. But like I said, I've been out of the loop and haven't read what Kurt wrote yet.

Geeze. Take a few months off and everything changes.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

aikanae1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
az

No reply.

Seems that NN is taking heat on slow shipping and lack of response to emails. Emails I knew about. They advise best way to contact is to call direct. Seems to work. I guess NN is mixing batches fresh rather than pulling prefilled bottles off a shelf. I dunno why or what the deal is but it seems to be popular. However that delays shipping by a week and it's created another hiccup in the story of NN's growing pains. They'll figure it out and fix it. Jake's made things right by me in the past once he was aware of it.

Back to nic comparisons. Sort of interesting was a post identifying the top nic suppliers which is different from what's been discussed here. Clearly the preference is towards "invisible" nic. No throat hit, no taste, no color, notta. I also thought the term "invisible" was a good one.
Nicotine - Need to Know - All Your Questions Answered : DIY_eJuice

I don't know if threads like this need to stay within the relm of approved advertisers or not. That could make true nic comparisons difficult. There are so many suppliers now that I couldn't list them all and wondered if anyone had. I also don't know which ones are rebranding vs. importing or mixing. Just curious I guess.

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    I also don't know which ones are rebranding vs. importing or mixing. Just curious I guess.

True. I tend to trust the nic suppliers ( Heartland, NN, WizardL) more than a general ecig website ( Mt. Baker, MFS) tho.
    I don't think any of them feel obliged to reveal their sources tho. :)

Capt.shay

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 10, 2013
    W. Ma. U.S.A.
    Heartland Vs. MFS

I just thought I would throw out my thoughts on my recent Heartland order. I had never ordered from them before so I asked around and people here said they like it so I picked up a bottle. I poured some in to a clear beaker and poured some MFS nic. in a beaker beside it for comparison. The MFS was only about four months old and stored in glass in the freezer prior to the comparison. The Heartland was noticeably lighter, virtually clear and had very little nose compared to the peppery MFS sample. I have not had a chance to vape it naked yet but I'm certain the flavor will fallow the appearance and odor. For those looking for a cleaner more nutral nic. in the lower priced arena, I would give Hartland a try.

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 25, 2013
    Taxachusetts
    and an update...

My $140 Nude Nicotine order arrived at the San Diego USPS on Tuesday.
    Free shipping over $100 so I was psyched when I saw that it was Priority.
    It apparently disappeared and the tracking hasn't changed since Tuesday so I called NN Saturday.

Chris said he'd get the entire crew on it à la drop everything and redo this order.
    It'll ship out Monday afternoon by 4 if the original order doesn't appear by then.
    He said to just keep the original order also if I eventually receive both because it would just get dumped if returned.
    That's what I call call customer service :thumb:

eddiea

ECF Veteran
    Sep 8, 2014
    Laguna Niguel, CA USA

No reply.
    They are in the middle of a move this week so things are taking a bit longer to ship at this time. I ordered some some flavoring on Thursday and it is still "processing" but I expect/hope it should ship early next week if not on Monday.

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 25, 2013
    Taxachusetts
    They are in the middle of a move this week so things are taking a bit longer to ship at this time. I ordered some some flavoring on Thursday and it is still "processing" but I expect/hope it should ship early next week if not on Monday.
    It took a week to ship but it did.
    The order got picked up but then disappeared.
    I'm saying they are refilling my order pronto and reshipping it if the original doesn't reappear by 4PM.
    That's awesome CS :thumb:

AzPlumber

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 28, 2011
    Arizona
    and an update...

My $140 Nude Nicotine order arrived at the San Diego USPS on Tuesday.
    Free shipping over $100 so I was psyched when I saw that it was Priority.
    It apparently disappeared and the tracking hasn't changed since Tuesday so I called NN Saturday.

Chris said he'd get the entire crew on it à la drop everything and redo this order.
    It'll ship out Monday afternoon by 4 if the original order doesn't appear by then.
    He said to just keep the original order also if I eventually receive both because it would just get dumped if returned.
    That's what I call call customer service :thumb:

If you receive both orders the appropriate thing to do is pay for both.

aikanae1

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 2, 2013
    az
    I see that.. Well the 120ml sample of 100mg is an extra 1.00 at $17.

Maybe the different taste is from the American tobacco its extracted from instead of foreign.

I would say don't go out of your way for it but its good nic. There is another one, carolina extractions i think, but haven't heard anyone that's tried it.
    There's a local nic distributor that I think is selling nic from the carolina labs. A lot of local businesses use them. They are primarily wholesale but they will sell retail when contacted. They are next on my list to try.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Dixie1954

mhertz

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 7, 2014
    Denmark
    I did a new taste test of the 4 nics I currently have, but this time to make it easier to differentiate, then I made the samples 12mg instead of my usual 3mg!

I am waiting on my first dripper to arrive, so I did the test as usual on an rta, and this time the subtank mini(v2), which i've come to like a lot recently, at 25 watts and with doing direct lung inhales, as that's how I vape and the best way to taste the most, for me.

Now other than feeling totaly sick and dizzy of over-nic consumption, then I have come to the unfortunate conclusion that I actually _really_ do not like the taste of nic! I thought I did, but found out otherwise...

It is a really not pleasant taste, and i'm not talking about the pepper which I don't mind, but theres this special caustic and acrid taste in all of them which is very unpleasant...

So my new priorities for a nic for me, I think now is also an invisible nic... I don't mind a tobacco taste, or pepper or throat-hit, but the actual nic taste, should be as low as possible, if that makes any sense... :)

Chemnovatic was the best for me, btw, as it was a little less caustic/acrid, but still not good tasting at all!

I could not vape unflavored at 12mg i've found out, that's for sure! Atleast not doing direct lung inhales at 25'ish watts... For me, mtl vaping has always been more "forgiving" tastewise...

I'm not very happy about this test, honestly :( ( :) )

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread