Nicotine Comparisons

Status
Not open for further replies.

mhertz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 7, 2014
Denmark
Thanks mate, r77r7! :) Feeling better today :)

However, feeling curius about this, I just remade the test with 6mg and light draws this time, lol...

It's still crap!!!

I have had to ditch vg before because of the heat where I live where theres no ac, and i'm pretty sure my nics have all gone bad, because this makes no sence to me! I'll have to ditch almost 500 ml, as I have many bottles I use to make tests with, before deciding which to stock up with in the freezer...

I'm gonna order a new 100ml 100mg chemnovatic(pink-mule.com) to test if it's bad nic i'm experiencing here, which I strongly presume now...

Next, everything is going in the fridge for now I think, but I don't really like having it there, since I believe i've read that when opening cold vg it attracts extra moisture into the bottle, so I guess I will have let it come to room-temp, open and use, and then back in fridge, but that dosen't sound very good to me to keep doing that, both vith vg and nic, but dunno...

Reactions: Dixie1954

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    Next, everything is going in the fridge for now I think, but I don't really like having it there, since I believe i've read that when opening cold vg it attracts extra moisture into the bottle, so I guess I will have let it come to room-temp, open and use, and then back in fridge, but that dosen't sound very good to me to keep doing that, both vith vg and nic, but dunno...

That's how I do it. I keep a 500ml jug in the refrigerator and take out bi-weekly to fill 2 30ml bottles. Almost at the bottom and still fine.
    Better than when I was filling 12 bottles and keeping @ room temp.

mhertz

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 7, 2014
    Denmark
    ... Just a small update on my "situation"... I today got some new nic to taste/test, pink-mule.com's 100mg nic from chemnovatic in vg without water and immediately mixed up 3 test mixes; 12mg, 6mg and 3mg.

In short, the nics I have in my dark closet have been getting a stronger taste than before, because of the heat(30C celsius at times), but it's the same taste that I pick up in the chemnovatic fresh nic unfortunetly, just much slighter.

The new fresh nic has a very slight smell of acetone and fish, like good fresh chemnovatic nic has, and other very clean nics without tobacco notes additionally...

I simply do not like the taste of nicotine, and it's an unplesant chemical taste. I can still vape it at both 12 and 6mg fine, when with the new fresh nic, but I just don't like the nic taste that dwells underneath the vg notes.

At 3mg which is where i'm at, I can practically almost not taste it and that's fine with me.

I am sure that the reason for that I never noticed this before, is because of (a) I use higher wattage than previously and (b) I use lower gauge wire with more surface area than before(24 gauge against 28 gauge in "older" times..).

On a side note, then I also ordered some plain vg from pink-mule.com, and it's the best vg i've seen to date. It tastes like it's a little better than usually, with that really nice warm sirupy sweet natural taste that vg has, but this one is just even more, unless i'm imagining it? However, what I indeed can tell for difference, is that it's thicker than my other vg's i've used, so it can take more water and gives dencer clouds. Btw, it's from spain(madrid) where pink-mule.com also is from(started by danish people like myself) and a small 100 year old family company called 'productos express sl', and also called 'ceras expres sl', and i've previously mailed them about if there vg where ph. eur, and they replied that it was fully ep grade...

When we talk about how much water we use for our vg blends, then it's really hard to compare, because we all use vg's with different viscosities, like e.g. this vg makes my adv of unflavored 3mg vg and 10% water, much thicker than i'm used to...

mhertz

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 7, 2014
    Denmark
    The vg is from a supplier local to pink-mule.com in spain called 'Productos Expres S.L'. I have read that vg from actual palm oil, instead of often used cocos or soy or other veg. oils(used because of environmental issues or cost/import-issues), should have a higher viscosity, so maybe it's just my first palm based vg, but I dunno. It could just be better quality, I guess i.e. purer and less water..

The above thinking comes from this quote I read at nicotine river's site btw:
    The best 99.7% USP kosher certified vegetable glycerine does not come from the US. Vegetable glycerine is derived from palm oil. The best palm oil in the world comes from Indonesia and Malaysia due to the ample amount of palm oil. USA made vegetable glycerin manufactures use substitutes for the this missing ingredient, which ultimately lowers the consistency and over all dynamic of the product. Musim Mas owns a significant oil palm planted acreage, making them one of the largest oil palm plantation owners in the world. They also own one of the largest palm oil refineries and oleochemicals plants in the world. There products are formulated and tested in laboratories by highly skilled and experienced chemists, using the most stringent standards to achieve the ideal blend of performance and value for your needs. Vegetable glycerin is a derivative of palm oil and is plant-based. This USP certified, viscous liquid provides a thick cloud of vapor and has a light, sweet taste
    I would love to get my hands on this vg from Musim Mas, since the coa's state 99.9% glycerol, which is the highest i've seen from any coa to date...

I'm guessing it's the same they use at nicselect's own diluted bases, which they get done by a pharma-subcontractor, as that stuff is also crazy thick, infact maybe a litte thicker I think than the pink-mule vg...

The vg from wizzard's they state also is 100% palm fruit btw, but I don't know if it's the musim mas mentioned above?...

Yeah, I could build with e.g. higher gauges, but frankly, after trying my first build with 24 gauge some weeks ago, then I was blown away off how much denser and wet the vape is, which I really love, plus allows me to up the wattage on high-vg liquids without getting dry-hits, or atleast not as much, as it seems to wick better and evaporates better(the sizzling sounds better, as a more stable evaporation, or how to describe it)...

Last edited:

mhertz

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 7, 2014
    Denmark
    ... I also just need to say that it was not only the nic that got bad in the summer heat here, but also my vg, which in the last 3 months or so, has become more and more sour, so when I recieved the new batch of vg from pink-mule.com, it is very possible that it was just my appreciation and excitement of getting a new and fully fresh vg, that made me appreciate it so much...

To be honest, it's hard to compare the viscosities, because it was previously way hotter than now, which makes the vg thinner, plus I have now changed to 10% water instead of 20%. Of course i'm not saying the vg I got was thicker because of me changing from 20 to 10%, but I just mean that I haven't made a 20% mix to compare against what it previously looked like... And when I mix, I just pour directly into the bottle on a weight, so I don't come in contact with the vg like with a syringe to feel the viscosity better...

Anyway, my point was just that the pink-mule vg is for sure very good vg, which is thick and tastes very good(I always taste it directly with a spoon also, when getting vg/pg), but it is maybe not any different than other good vg's around...

My reasoning for this post, was that I don't wanna have other eu citizens(or elsewhere!) to go buy vg from pink-mule based on my posts, instead of there usual sources which probably is cheaper, and then be disappointed in that it was the exact same quality/viscosity as they where used too... :)

(Not that I think people would do that, solely based on my posts, but yeah, I worry to much in general :) )

Edit: Also, while I remember, in my previous post I stated to be very impressed with the quality of Musim Mas vg based on it's coa's, and that still applies, but however should be seen in the right context, meaning it's better, but only very marginally better i.e. a glycerol content of 99.9% compared to generally 99.8%(for usp/ph.eur grade glycerin)...

Last edited:

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 14, 2013
    SE PA
    Yeah, I was surprised as well. I had some left in each original bottle. A, D, and B were in the original plastic bottles, which had been kept in a dark cupboard at room temperature. I used those first, that was toward the end of August. Each had darkened quite a lot. I ended up mixing them together in graduated cylinder and making nearly a liter of my preferred 15mg, 65%VG base. The resulting diluted base doesn't look horrible, but it sure isn't colorless either.

Early in October, I decided to mix down the remainder of what was in the C (NN) sample bottle. Since that was a glass bottle, was thinking it should still be nearly colorless. It wasn't. It had not darkened as much as some of the others, but it definitely didn't look like it did when I originally opened the bottle back in June.

My supposition: Lots of headspace in a container air in it is not a good thing, and glass is better than plastic.

Most of the nic I have in long-term storage in my feezer is NN "Armor". It comes pre-packaged in brown glass bottles and they fill what little headspace there is has the air purged out of it with argon gas when they fill it. Next time I need to mix down, I will try to find the oldest batch of that I have (from early January 2014) and use a bottle of that, just to find out what it looks like. Thing is, this may not happen until next summer.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 14, 2013
    SE PA
    Since I put all of them in the fridge mine have not changed color.:thumbs:
    You're referencing the same samples that I sent out early this summer right?

Interesting that refrigeration (as opposed to "freezing") makes such a big difference, even with a container that's obviously been opened and has a fair amount of air in the headspace.

JeremyR

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 29, 2012
    Oregon, IL
    But C remained virtually unchanged in the same conditions.?

To be honest this is the most I've seen a nic darken in such a short time. Being a vg user it makes me think PG. Because my vg nics have never discolored this much in the same conditions.

But then you have C that didn't darken in pg at all so... ...

Reactions: David Wolf

David Wolf

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 11, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
    I did a new taste test of the 4 nics I currently have, but this time to make it easier to differentiate, then I made the samples 12mg instead of my usual 3mg!

I am waiting on my first dripper to arrive, so I did the test as usual on an rta, and this time the subtank mini(v2), which i've come to like a lot recently, at 25 watts and with doing direct lung inhales, as that's how I vape and the best way to taste the most, for me.

Now other than feeling totaly sick and dizzy of over-nic consumption, then I have come to the unfortunate conclusion that I actually _really_ do not like the taste of nic! I thought I did, but found out otherwise...

It is a really not pleasant taste, and i'm not talking about the pepper which I don't mind, but theres this special caustic and acrid taste in all of them which is very unpleasant...

So my new priorities for a nic for me, I think now is also an invisible nic... I don't mind a tobacco taste, or pepper or throat-hit, but the actual nic taste, should be as low as possible, if that makes any sense... :)

Chemnovatic was the best for me, btw, as it was a little less caustic/acrid, but still not good tasting at all!

I could not vape unflavored at 12mg i've found out, that's for sure! Atleast not doing direct lung inhales at 25'ish watts... For me, mtl vaping has always been more "forgiving" tastewise...

I'm not very happy about this test, honestly :( ( :) )
    I'm vaping unflavored 24 mg nic, 70pg/30vg from Nude Nicotine, in a nautilus mini at 8W as I type and loving it. I usually vape NET's, this clear stuff is healthier I'm sure, and I can add a little flavor if I want. :)

Last edited:

David Wolf

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 11, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
    Usa-LN is the only known USA Grown and processed nic?

This here?-http://USA Liquid Nicotine - 1 Liter – Liquid Barn

Interesting, the mark-up if you want PG...

Wish there were more reviews.
    They're not the only USA grown and processed Nic supplier. Here in my home state, NC, is a supplier of Nic using organically grown tobacco, Pharmaceutical grade and USP grade. Anyone every try them? Not cheap, but you often get what you pay for. I see they have 120 ml samples.
    http://www.carolinaxtract.com/

Reactions: Dixie1954
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread