Status
Not open for further replies.

DJLEC

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
Union City, California
I used to use funnels but have switched over to one of these. I have a 16oz one that my wife bought at Michaels.

Squeeze Bottle - 12 oz. - 81-7 | Country Kitchen SweetArt

Nice wide mouth so you just pour straight from the liter then squeeze it into the 120's. Excellent control. The second you release pressure the nic base gets sucked back into the bottle. You can slow dribble to fill the neck of the bottle. I'll never do it any other way now. Super easy and never any drips or dribbles.

Thank You Bob.

Went to Michaels after work and picked up 2 - 6 Ounce since I will not be transferring more than 120 ML.

They also had the 12 Ounce in the Candy Making isle if others are interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I forgot about Michaels! There's one a couple of miles from my house.

I ordered American Weigh LB-501 500mg electronic scales today, along with a quart each of Essential Depot PG and VG from Amazon. While I was buying I picked up a pack of 6 Boston Rounds 60ml dropper bottles to mix into. I forgot to add 120ml squeeze bottles. I'll get them from Michaels or Maybe Hobby Lobby if they have them.

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
I used to use funnels but have switched over to one of these. I have a 16oz one that my wife bought at Michaels.
Another possible source for those living in (or near) cities fortunate enough to have them; are restaurant supply stores. We have one here in Idaho called Standard Restaurant Supply (a western regional company) that sells 8, 12, 16, 24, and 32 ounce squeeze bottles from $0.26 to no more than $3.33 (and most under $2.00/all sizes).

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Burbank CAlifornia
Thank You Bob.

Went to Michaels after work and picked up 2 - 6 Ounce since I will not be transferring more than 120 ML.

They also had the 12 Ounce in the Candy Making isle if others are interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just got home from Michaels with mine! Thanks to whoever had this great idea

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
I just ordered a half liter of the new nicotine salt offering from Nude Nicotine. I am trying the smooth. I also got a liter of the standard offering. Will test them when I rebottle them. Side by side comparison.
Hmm, I wonder what the status of Juul's patent on that is?

[0.68 seconds pass while Google searches]

Looks like it was granted last December.

:eek:

Mactavish

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2010
New York
I just ordered a half liter of the new nicotine salt offering from Nude Nicotine. I am trying the smooth. I also got a liter of the standard offering. Will test them when I rebottle them. Side by side comparison.

Which one of the 3 salts did you buy? I would have tried the SMOOTH, it's the only one that is offered in both PG & VG. The other two are PG only. I'm fully stocked up now with both NN, and NicSelect. :(

Boxster

ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2012
Buda, Tx
What (s)he said. Just what is the idea behind using "salts". And yes, I read the web site and it didn't explain much. It seems really pricey.

"These acids possess positive charges, AKA free hydrogens, with exhibit attraction to nicotine’s basic nitrogen centers. This is nature’s beautiful way of stabilizing the nicotine molecule for prolonged activity and defense against oxidative degradation. The binding of a cationic salt at nicotine’s electronegative nitrogen center(s), inhibits the oxidative damage it would suffer in comparison to a non-salt formulation!"

I may be wrong.
I read this as the nicotine stays in you blood stream longer (more similar to smoking) and is better for long term storage.

I also noticed they posted this:
August 8th Deadline with Nude Nicotine

August 5, 2016

Just a friendly reminder for you DIYer’s and entrepreneurs regarding the August 8th date – No hiccups and delays as of yet – no regulations on “non-final” tobacco products (raw materials) have been released. It is a good time to stock up, but no “doomsday date” has been set. We will keep everyone informed on public restrictions as they arise
1f642.png

Best,

Jake – CEO

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
Nicotine Salts? I don't know. Does this look awful gimmicky to anyone else?

"X-Ray Crystallography and other data from literature was aggregated in-lieu of traditional GC/MS or LC/MS reports due to the weaker binding forces that hold these cationic-anionic pairs together. Basically, they have to be frozen down to cryogenic temperatures to lock bonds in-place and then analyzed in-situ. This reveals the pairs of nicotine and acid bound together that would normally be separated when solvated into solution! We are able to bind these pairs in-situ at the Nude Nicotine laboratory pre-dilution to achieve this effect."

If this cryogenic "bonding" is so effective; why can they not then analyze via GC/MS? Though it is now "bonded," needing to be analyzed frozen, leads me to think it is not as strong a bond as they would like us to think and will still separate once placed into solution.

What benefit is this really supposed to offer the vaper? All I see is a bunch of science-speak. This looks like another "Armour3" attempt that might offer some minute theoretical advantage, but in reality, offers little to none. With a premium price.

In the words of Denzel Washington; "Explain it to me like I'm a 5 year-old." (supporting documentation of benefit would be nice too!)

Capt.shay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2013
W. Ma. U.S.A.
Thanks, although I'm still kind of confused. I guess I need to do some more reading.

August 8th Deadline with Nude Nicotine

August 5, 2016

Just a friendly reminder for you DIYer’s and entrepreneurs regarding the August 8th date – No hiccups and delays as of yet – no regulations on “non-final” tobacco products (raw materials) have been released. It is a good time to stock up, but no “doomsday date” has been set. We will keep everyone informed on public restrictions as they arise
1f642.png

Great to hear!

aikanae1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
az
Nicotine Salts? I don't know. Does this look awful gimmicky to anyone else?

"X-Ray Crystallography and other data from literature was aggregated in-lieu of traditional GC/MS or LC/MS reports due to the weaker binding forces that hold these cationic-anionic pairs together. Basically, they have to be frozen down to cryogenic temperatures to lock bonds in-place and then analyzed in-situ. This reveals the pairs of nicotine and acid bound together that would normally be separated when solvated into solution! We are able to bind these pairs in-situ at the Nude Nicotine laboratory pre-dilution to achieve this effect."

If this cryogenic "bonding" is so effective; why can they not then analyze via GC/MS? Though it is now "bonded," needing to be analyzed frozen, leads me to think it is not as strong a bond as they would like us to think and will still separate once placed into solution.

What benefit is this really supposed to offer the vaper? All I see is a bunch of science-speak. This looks like another "Armour3" attempt that might offer some minute theoretical advantage, but in reality, offers little to none. With a premium price.

In the words of Denzel Washington; "Explain it to me like I'm a 5 year-old." (supporting documentation of benefit would be nice too!)
Is there an eliquid already made using salts outside of the juul pods?

Is NN the only DIY source at the moment?

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread