Feb 2, 2013
az

Mactavish

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2010
New York
I have an allergy to pg and this is different enough not to trigger my allergy. It carries flavor as well as pg and vaporizes with vg well (unlike dw). In general, I think variety can be good.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

Wondering the difference from a chemists point of view.

Reactions: IDJoel

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas

Mactavish

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2010
New York

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
The low flash point of the PDO caught my attention (80C/175F). I liked the anecdotal feedback I have been reading (absence of dry-mouth, fast blending) and was starting to think about PDO's potential as a complete base replacement (I hate PG dry-mouth, and high VG can make my chest gurgle a bit if I chain vape for any length of time). But when I saw the flash point I wondered if there was maximum "safe" percentage? (And yes; I did see the autoignition point is 400C/752F which remains above "normal" vaping operational range.)

aikanae1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
az
What gets me is that because it's a change with the base, I'd need to order nic at vaping strength to take full advantage of it. That's a whole lot of extra nic to store. Otherwise I'm hopeful, esp for those that need pg free liquids.

tiburonfirst

They call me 'Tibs"
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
What gets me is that because it's a change with the base, I'd need to order nic at vaping strength to take full advantage of it. That's a whole lot of extra nic to store. Otherwise I'm hopeful, esp for those that need pg free liquids.

0mg base is available to use for mixing - not sure though what the storage needs are for that. might be the same as pg with a decent shelf life ;)
will try the free sample and take it from there!

Reactions: aikanae1

Kurt

Quantum Vapyre
ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2009
Philadelphia
I found it to wick well, vape well, and it didn't dry me out as much as PG. Maybe a touch more drying than VG. However, I didn't like the taste it had, and I found it to be a bit heavy in the lungs compared to my typical VG/water juices. I only vaped it unflavored with some nic. Had a slight plastic taste I did not care for.

Chemically it is similar to PG, but the OH groups are on the first and third carbons, rather than the first and second carbons with PG. VG has OH groups on all three carbons. PDO has been around vaping to a limited extent for a couple years, first being used by 5 Pawns.

Another issue is that it is typically made from genetically modified E. Coli and corn oil. I would not call it all-natural. Maybe more natural than PG, which is synthesized from petroleum, if that really matters for USP-grade PG. Normally corn oil would produce VG, as would any vegetable oil or animal fat, since these are triglycerides and can thus only make a triol. But the GM E. Coli hydrolyzes the corn oil triglyceride and removes the center OH, and replaces it with an H.

It seems to be as safe as PG or VG for inhalation, but, of course, we don't have long-term inhalation data as yet. But there are no glaring safety issues that I am aware of. Seems pretty benign.

aikanae1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
az
I know some on here have bought the new nic offering from Heartland. Just curious how one would compare it to Vapers Tek premium? Or nude nicotine if you haven't tried vt?
Heartland premium is chemovac. Isn't that what VT premium is?
Yes, I tried a sample and thought it was good (vaped unflavored).
Didn't order any, as I have too much nic already tho.

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
I miss that edit button on tapatalk.

To edit your own post?

Tap your post to highlight/select it, then tap on the diagonal pencil that shows on the right side of the bar at the top.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread