Nicotine deactivated at high temperatures..?

Status
Not open for further replies.

yppan

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2011
Hi there i notice a strange thing when i vape.

Past 40 watts (70 watts avg) on my 0.5 om coil, I notice i get little to no nicotine rush.

When i go below the 40 watts I get a lovely nicotine rush just like smoking a analog.

Does the nicotine get burnt away at higher temps?

I too have noticed this. Wanted to get a discussion going at the ideal temp to vape nicotine, and the difference in doing it at different temperatures

abn75

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2014
mobile, al, United States
I too have noticed this. Wanted to get a discussion going at the ideal temp to vape nicotine, and the difference in doing it at different temperatures
The ideal temp or wattage to vape at is what ever temp or wattage you feel like gives you the best vape. What i find is best for me probably won't be best for you. Best is very very subjective.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member

Past 40 watts (70 watts avg) on my 0.5 om coil, I notice i get little to no nicotine rush.

When i go below the 40 watts I get a lovely nicotine rush just like smoking a analog.

i hold it in the mouth for 5 seconds, exhale through my nose.

only the lower temperatures give me that nice head rush.
What is this head rush you speak of? I never got it during my 45+ years of smoking nor during my 5+ years of vaping. Most everyone here picked up vaping to kick the smokes in the ash and not for any thoughts of using it to get a head rush. I am old though and I could be totally wrong :D

BTW: Welcome to the ECF :)

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain

Does the nicotine get burnt away at higher temps?

Hi and welcome,
Are you using TC?
What temp/Watts? Wire?

Cheers
I

DPiffed2017

Jan 17, 2017
What is this head rush you speak of? I never got it during my 45+ years of smoking nor during my 5+ years of vaping. Most everyone here picked up vaping to kick the smokes in the ash and not for any thoughts of using it to get a head rush. I am old though and I could be totally wrong :D

its feeling a little lightheaded, and a burst of energy in the body like i just sunk 2 cups of coffee.

its not a high,

its more like a lightheaded burst of energy.

I get it when i smoke reds of analogs too.

its very weak though its like the feeling of a sip of 4% beer

Reactions: mattiem

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Lol.
You mean higher temps like the burning tip of a cigarette?
:facepalm:
That would be a big NO.

Critical.
Thinking.

I wonder if relationship of Temperature to Distance of a burning Cigarette is a Linear Function? Or given by some Gawdawful Differential Equation?

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
I wonder if relationship of Temperature to Distance of a burning Cigarette is a Linear Function? Or given by some Gawdawful Differential Equation?

Actually, the heat from the lit tip vaporizes the tobacco with hot air drawn through the cigarette.
In herbal tobacco vaping circles its known as "Convection Vaporizing".

Heat from your coil wont "burn away" nicotine.

pappasmurfsharem

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2013

You just forgot, it's been so long. ;) Those very first few cigarettes will do it, and if you quit for a LONG time maybe you'll get it again, but you get so used to it you don't get the rush anymore =(

Last edited:
Reactions: NU_FTW

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Actually, the heat from the lit tip vaporizes the tobacco with hot air drawn through the cigarette.
In herbal tobacco vaping circles its known as "Convection Vaporizing".

Heat from your coil wont "burn away" nicotine.

Interesting. So how Effective is this "Convection Vaporizing"?

Or in other words, is 100% of the Nicotine in Cigarette Tobacco delivered to the user when they Smoke a Cigarette?

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
im using 225 C,
36 watts

cotton coil its the joyetech ultimo 0.5 om.

maybe i am just over heating the coil past 40 wats and it burns the liquid?

i dunno but i feel great when vaping the lower watts

Please reconfirm that your coils ARE actually TC compatible.
I thought Joye used Kanthal in the MG heads.

Start watts low...work up to a vape that satisfies.
Cheers
I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread