Nicotine Hyper-Sensitivity

Status
Not open for further replies.

allenwjones

Sep 12, 2012
United States
I have recently discussed this in the new user section here, but I thought this might deserve a second go in the Medical > Nicotine section to see if I can glean any additional information that might help me confirm/resolve an issue I have been experiencing with vaping isolated nicotine in any form including WTA.

· My vaporizer is an Ego 2.5-2.9 ohm Clearomizer on a 900mah battery.
· First juice was 100 PG, 2nd was 50/50 pg/vg, and most recent 30/70 pg/vg.
· My first nicotine fluid was 6mg/ml Flue Cured Tobacco from American e-liquid Store.

Background: I had smoked full flavor or non-filter cigarettes for 15-20 years sometimes with or without menthol. I weaned off of regular cigarettes by way of cigars. I have smoked 1-2 decent cigars a weekend for the last 2 years with some crap interspersed (no cigarettes) and I had decided to give the vaporizer a try in the hopes of removing the smoke, smell, halitosis, and social stigma from smoking analogues. I also have an inherited form of rheumatoid arthritis, so some of the recent study on nicotine helping relieve arthritis seemed worthy of a try.

To date: Within a week of vaping on the 6mg/ml I was experiencing anxiety, lightheadedness, and other physical discomfort along with some general dysphoria. By the end of that week I could not vape any amount of nicotine without a recurrence of effects. To test whether this was nicotine or pg/vg related I tried various zero nicotine flavors and various base mixes for several days without any notable issue. I also have some WTA juice from Aroma that I am trying which has a similar effect minus some of the anxiety, but only at a very low (1-2mg/ml) mixture.

I have since smoked cigars again for a comparison without any issue, and with quite a bit of enjoyment so have begun wondering if it is only the isolated forms of nicotine that I am sensitive to, or maybe some by-product of the extraction process itself.

Has anyone else experienced anything like this?

Last edited:

StormFinch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2010
Arkansas
have you tried all VG? it's very popular with many vets here.

Lol we went through all the different mixes over on the other thread. Allen can vape the SAME liquid in a 0% mix without the symptoms. He also gets symptoms from other vendors' juices so it's not source specific. He can however inhale cigar smoke with no problems. The only common thread with his symptoms is the extracted nic itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread