Nicotine Inhalator

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeteMcArthur

ECF Veteran
Sep 27, 2008
Scotland
Hey Pete and TBob

Are you talking about the Nicorette Inhalator here ?
The advert for these things say each cartridge is 10mg of Nicotene.
If they are soaked in Wicked 18mg for instance how is the liquid vapourised and what strength would that make the Cartridge or are you just talking about getting some flavour ?
Or do you empty the original core first ?
They also recomend 12 Carts a day for the first few weeks.
12 Carts of 10mg Nic = 120mg ???
That's a bit strong is'nt it? I get worried when i use more than 1 18mg Standard e-liquid Carts a day.
How do these things work. I can't find any info about ingredients etc.
Somebody told me it was powder inside the Core?

I assume so, the only other one I know is the Boots version that is simply a rebadged Nicorette that is 5p cheaper. I just bought a new one as some people get a throat hit off them, not me unfortunately. I've not tried soaking them in liquid yet, I assume that any nic from the liquid gets there by simple evaporation. The inhalator in nowhere near as efficient nicotine delivery system so I don't think there is any danger of OD unless you get liquid in your mouth.

A big drawback is that it looks as if you are smoking a tampon:( You can get different coloured versions but they are rare or you can get a nico-pipe that is a metal version.

scrubadub

ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2008
London, UK
There's 10mg of nicotine in each cartridge but only 4mg available to the user. I emailed Nicorette about their ingredients and all they contain is nicotine & levo-menthol.

I've taken them apart as I'm doing an experiment at the moment with a box my doctor gave me a few months ago and some PG. The core is porous and seems to be soaked with a nicotine solution. If you lay a fresh one on some kitchen towel the liquid leeches out. I believe they start evaporating as soon as you break the seal on the things and you just breath in the fumes when required.

jamie

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2008
USA
The nasal spray did get rid of the desire to smoke, but as it caused me extreme pain, wild uncontrollable sneezing fits for 10 minutes, it also took away the desire to live:)

the nasal spray was the single best thing I ever tried before e cigs for getting that nicotine hit, trouble was as you describe the intense sneezing.. and the fact I used way more of the nasal stuff than I should have simply because the hit was so effective.

I know these posts are old however I missed them the first time around and am just now enjoying them tremendously. :D

The prescription nasal spray is awesome, it's crack-in-a-bottle I always tell people. That 'extreme pain' - lol!! - yeah the first time used it's pretty harsh, however that lessens quickly to a minor irritation. For me just breathing through my mouth and avoiding sniffling for 5 minutes kept most sneezing at bay.

It's great stuff. :evil:

PeteMcArthur

ECF Veteran
Sep 27, 2008
Scotland
I know these posts are old however I missed them the first time around and am just now enjoying them tremendously. :D

The prescription nasal spray is awesome, it's crack-in-a-bottle I always tell people. That 'extreme pain' - lol!! - yeah the first time used it's pretty harsh, however that lessens quickly to a minor irritation. For me just breathing through my mouth and avoiding sniffling for 5 minutes kept most sneezing at bay.

It's great stuff. :evil:

You have to get your pain on prescription??? Masochists can buy it over the counter here. What I cannot understand is why use this when there is a cheaper and much more pleasant alternative in snuff?

Frankie

ECF Veteran
Nov 13, 2008
Slovakia
That´s easy, Pete. Prescription drugs are not supposed to be pleasant so people do not expect them to be. On the othe hand they are supposed to be safe, and the vicious antis like to repeat to the smokers that *any* form of tobacco is the devil which will take them to hell if they do not repent... err... reform.

Remember, snuff is also illegal in some countries. It might be safe and pleasurable, but it constitutes a heresy to the dogma which must be punished...

PeteMcArthur

ECF Veteran
Sep 27, 2008
Scotland
That´s easy, Pete. Prescription drugs are not supposed to be pleasant so people do not expect them to be. On the othe hand they are supposed to be safe, and the vicious antis like to repeat to the smokers that *any* form of tobacco is the devil which will take them to hell if they do not repent... err... reform.

Remember, snuff is also illegal in some countries. It might be safe and pleasurable, but it constitutes a heresy to the dogma which must be punished...

I think every NRT method of getting people to stop smoking is deliberately made to be something we can't actually 'enjoy' or even 'afford' to keep on doing. A 'safer' addiction isn't what they want us to have......that's why they are going to be so desperate to stop us vaping.

All very true, the NRT should not be enjoyable so we can eventually stop that as well. Are some people now hooked on the nicotine gum? If so the NRT has just become the transferred addiction.

All very true, the NRT should not be enjoyable so we can eventually stop that as well. Are some people now hooked on the nicotine gum? If so the NRT has just become the transferred addiction.

Never tried an inhalator but I did give the gum a try for a while - bloody awful! Terrible indigestion. The instructions tell you not to swallow the saliva, but I could never manage not to do this. The damned stuff is in your mouth, what are you supposed to do with it? I'll stick with the e-cigs!

PeteMcArthur

ECF Veteran
Sep 27, 2008
Scotland
Never tried an inhalator but I did give the gum a try for a while - bloody awful! Terrible indigestion. The instructions tell you not to swallow the saliva, but I could never manage not to do this. The damned stuff is in your mouth, what are you supposed to do with it? I'll stick with the e-cigs!

I tried the Inhalator as well as the nasal spray but it did little for me. Some people seem to get a huge throat hit out of them, but for me it was like sucking fresh air. Like you I absolutely hated the gum! Just googled nicotine gum addiction and it seems it can be a big problem, some people have been using it for years.

A few years ago a friend had a lung collapse and was advised (by doctors) to try gum instead of smoking. OK, he has stopped smoking but went from a 60-a-day man to a chain-chewer. He is literally constantly chewing these damned things. I doubt that can be any healthier than e-cigs.

lrt73

Verified Member
Apr 6, 2009
Boston, MA
Hi All,

I'm new and am intested in getting started with e-cigarettes as a means to quit smoking for good, but am still in the researching phase.

I was on the Nicotrol inhaler a few years ago and did that for a few weeks, but like most, missed the sense of inhaling something. I'm a mom now and REALLY want to be here for my son and hopefully grandchildren so I'm hoping e-cigs are the way for me.

If you can get around the not inhaling anything but air, give the inhaler a try. You need a prescription, but it is more like smoking than of course, the patch and gum (which neither worked for me). I also tried several of the drugs on the market...those didn't work either. But that's for another thread I'm sure.

Happy Holiday!!
LT

Vaporista

ECF Veteran
Aug 15, 2009
Cape Town, South Africa
Dont know if Im missing something here but why dont we all just vape the nicotine spray ?

Ye Gods. What a great idea. I have something like 6 bottles (sealed) teetering on the edge of their expiry date.
I only used one bottle once (and just 2 sprays at that) when I entered LHR terminal 4 a couple of years ago and found myself waiting for a plane and no where to smoke. The experience was so excrucitating that I ran from one end from the terminal to the other howling in pain. *runs off to look for bottles, some PG and some flavouring*

jamie

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2008
USA
Ye Gods. What a great idea. I have something like 6 bottles (sealed) teetering on the edge of their expiry date.
I only used one bottle once (and just 2 sprays at that) when I entered LHR terminal 4 a couple of years ago and found myself waiting for a plane and no where to smoke. The experience was so excrucitating that I ran from one end from the terminal to the other howling in pain. *runs off to look for bottles, some PG and some flavouring*
HAHAHA you must be talking about the nicotine nasal spray. :D I can do an imitation of myself upon first using the spray that just slays a party crowd. ;) It literally defines "feel the burn" doesn't it?

However... you have 6 bottles left, and some people do need to try everything before they find what works for them, so I feel strongly about pointing out that this reaction diminishes VERY quickly, within a few uses. So please don't be afraid of it, gentle readers, if there is a chance it will work for you.

The REAL issue with the nic spray is the price, if you don't have help there.

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
Woo-hoo. Jamie has returned! Long time ...

That running-around burn is what hits nasal snuff users when they start out. Eyes bulge and tear up. Eyebrows shoot up to the hairline. Mouth grimaces. And sneezing ensues. Keep it up and the nose gets very used to it. Only a slight burn with the good stuff.

Let us know how vaping nasal spray fluid works. I once diluted e-liquid to nasal spray strength, sprayed it into each nostril -- and it about blew my head off. Never again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread