Nicotine - may not be as toxic as we've been led to believe

Discussion in 'Nicotine' started by Wow1420, Oct 16, 2013.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Wow1420

Wow1420 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 17, 2013
    Somewhere out there
    I ran across these articles this morning. Very interesting.

Nicotine High-Toxicity Myth Destroyed - Blog

Nicotine lethal dose in humans: a common argument by regulatory authorities, based on poor science

How much nicotine kills a human? Tracing back the generally accepted lethal dose to dubious self-experiments in the nineteenth century - Springer

2. Traver

Traver Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Oct 28, 2010
    I was just about to post one of these myself.

Here is another one.

How Toxic is Nicotine? | Experts' Corner | Big Think

I'm surprised that this hasn't received more attention. I would have thought that vapers would want to know that the commonly cited nicotine lethal doses are more myth than science.
  3. HopCloud

HopCloud Full Member Verified Member

Jan 14, 2014
    Louisville, KY
    Sorry to dig this up, but has there been any more new evidence to support these findings?
  4. Ipster

Ipster Super Member ECF Veteran

For starters remember we're speaking about a natural plant product. yes many things in nature are toxic...
    so secondly consider the tiny, fractional micrograms and milligrams that are being diluted in VG and PG....but still
    its the "one" ingredient everyone is focused on!. Oh ....give me a break. I almost bought into the hype (like an idiot)
    going for spinal surgery again...and previously having been a smoker remembered all the criticism and hype from doctors over smoking and healing. Although I always healed as well as anyone in my age group. Even so, once again in spring 2016, I was back at PubMed and searching any and everything published on nicotine and bones. You know what a few hundred hours of reading taught me?
    I hope you already know. Leading Doctors at the finest hospitals world wide would prefer patients that are smokers switch to e-cigarettes if they're unable to completely stop smoking any other way. No longer do hospitals ask, "Are you a smoker?, if so we'll order the appropriate dosage transdermal patch during your hospital stay" Theres now growing acceptance and respect for vaping in the medical industry. I said I vaped and was correctly listed as non-smoker, occasionally former smoker. I wasnt told not to vape.
    And all those hundreds of hours reading about rat bone development in medical journals? Not one strong conclusion pointed to serious problems from nicotine. Ofcourse I know its a vaso constrictor. So is caffeine, and I wasnt refused a cup of tea in the hospitals!
    Perspective, folks...what happened to it?
    Cheers...vape on.
    urbanhopper likes this.