Nicotine overdose

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
I think you're fairly safe. Nicotine overdose is not that big a deal. Just stop vaping for half an hour, drink water and lay down.

When I over do it, my first symptom is nic hiccups. If I ignore those and keep vaping, I will become slightly sick to my stomach. If I'm still obstinate and not listening to my body, I will then probably throw up.

Vomiting is the body's way of getting rid of excess nicotine. It is a reaction that is built in to our systems. That's why you don't hear of deaths from nicotine overdose. The only ones are when people have injected (God don't ever do that) or have taken something to stop the body's natural tendencies to expel the excess.

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
Thank you very much hun,I have only experienced this once,I started feeling dizzy so took a lie down,did not realise I was vapeing a wee bit to much!!

Happens to the best of us. Usually when we are just sitting and mindlessly chain vaping.

At least to me anyway. ;)

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Your body really will tell you when you have had to much. We just have to listen to what it is saying. Way back when I was still vaping 18mg, too much would cause shaking and nausea. I went down to 16 and was good with that for a while. When it started back up I knew it was time to lower it again. I am at 12 mg or lower now and so far no problems. I only vape about 3 mls a day.

Dodger01

Mar 14, 2017
Your body really will tell you when you have had to much. We just have to listen to what it is saying. Way back when I was still vaping 18mg, too much would cause shaking and nausea. I went down to 16 and was good with that for a while. When it started back up I knew it was time to lower it again. I am at 12 mg or lower now and so far no problems. I only vape about 3 mls a day.
That's good you have gone down to 12mg,may I ask about a quarter of a 10ml bottle of 6mg of nicotine is that similar to what you vape!!

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
That's good you have gone down to 12mg,may I ask about a quarter of a 10ml bottle of 6mg of nicotine is that similar to what you vape!!
I vape 3 mls at 12 mg so 36mg of nicotine (3x12=36)
you vape about the same amount but at 6 mg so you are getting half as much as I do.

I don't plan on trying to go down to 0 nic. I just don't need as much now to keep me off smokes as I did when I started on this journey. Nicotine in smokes isn't the big bad wolf we were convinced it was while smoking so I see no need to give it up. I think the benefits of a little nic outweigh the nonexistent risks.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
I vape mostly 7mg nic DIY eliquids now. When chain-vaping, I'll vape maybe 8-10mL a day. I've never felt dizzy, nauseous, etc. at that amount each day.

I DO get funny, weird hiccups sometimes though. It's only happened if I've gotten a tiny bit of certain eliquids on my finger, and lick it off rather than wipe it off with a tissue or paper towel. I think I have it narrowed down to eliquids that contain VBIC and/or custard. They're not like a real hiccup, but sort of like a small spasm in/around my voicebox. Sounds more like a frog croaking than a normal hiccup. As soon as I take even a small swallow of Coke, coffee, or just water to rinse it away...they're immediately gone.

By the way...for normal hiccups that you want to stop - just eat even a tiny Tic Tac or some other little piece of candy, and they'll be gone. I used to keep a little box of them in my desk when I taught school for 30 years. Any unstoppable hiccups were silenced within a few seconds, with just 1 Tic Tac. Works like a charm!

mcol

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 5, 2013
Missouri
I wondered the same thing so researched this myself a few months back. They say aroung 50 milligrams of nicotine is a deadly dose for an 150 pound adult.

I was around 130 lbs. when I first quit smoking with 54 mg. of nic in my e-cig.
As stated, you will get sick before anything bad happens - headache, nausea,
vomiting, etc.

Reactions: Pamawoman

Dodger01

Mar 14, 2017
I vape 3 mls at 12 mg so 36mg of nicotine (3x12=36)
you vape about the same amount but at 6 mg so you are getting half as much as I do.

I don't plan on trying to go down to 0 nic. I just don't need as much now to keep me off smokes as I did when I started on this journey. Nicotine in smokes isn't the big bad wolf we were convinced it was while smoking so I see no need to give it up. I think the benefits of a little nic outweigh the nonexistent risks.
Hello,what would you say roughly I vape? I vape about a quarter of a bottle (10ml) per day

TVC70

ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2011
AZ, USA
Even if you vaped a full 10ml of 6mg/ml per day, you wouldn't overdose. Since you're currently vaping less than half that amount, you may start to feel lousy if you did so, but all you'd have to do is put the vaporizer down and maybe wait till the next day to pick it up again. If you were to actually drink a 10ml bottle of 6mg :eek:, you'd have problems, but just vaping it over the course of a day isn't an issue. :thumb:

edit: remember that it's concentration that makes something a poison. A healthy person could drink 6 liters of water over the course of a hot day spent outside hiking, but if that same person sits in their living room and guzzles all 6 liters in one sitting, it can kill them (yes, water is a toxin if taken in too large a concentration).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread