Nicotine problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

olix00

Jun 3, 2016
France
I just bought a cubis tank, and when started vaping, it spitted back liquid on my tonque. I was using TC so it was not hot, not even warm. I figured out that on the particular coil I used, on max airflow it spitted, so I "dimmed" the airflow and the problem was gone. My questiin is, could you overdose on nic if a tank spits liquid in your mouth ? (That's what she said :)) ).
Thanks

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
It is :)) I vape in TC to minimise ( or eliminate, who knows ) aldehyde and acrolein formation, and I didn't want to use te notch coils as they are to powerful at 0.25. Is the coil the cause of spiting ? ( I solved it by halving my airflow )

Yes. Those SS316 0.5ohm coils are dreadful for spitting. I'm not buying any more.
You could use the notch coils if you want. They are stainless steel and will work like all the 'old' 0.15 Nickel coils in just the same way on a mod with a stainless setting. If you trust TC to protect you then you may as well vape them.

Reactions: olix00

VapJak

Aug 21, 2016
Fear NOT !!!!
When vaping if you take in too much nicotine it makes you feels nauseous and you will naturally stop

It is not like alcohol where it sits in your stomach and then feeds into your blood stream after you already have had a skin full :)

It is a much more direct to brain route, so the effect is much quicker - you stop taking the nic and it goes away :)

As grimwald says it is more likely the spitting is from condensation around the airflow and drip tip

olix00

Jun 3, 2016
France
Yes. Those SS316 0.5ohm coils are dreadful for spitting. I'm not buying any more.
You could use the notch coils if you want. They are stainless steel and will work like all the 'old' 0.15 Nickel coils in just the same way on a mod with a stainless setting. If you trust TC to protect you then you may as well vape them.
Good point. And you're sayin' they do not spit so often ? Cool

olix00

Jun 3, 2016
France
Some of that spitting is condensation (water droplets) that form in the air tube and end up back on the coil.

Fear NOT !!!!
When vaping if you take in too much nicotine it makes you feels nauseous and you will naturally stop

It is not like alcohol where it sits in your stomach and then feeds into your blood stream after you already have had a skin full :)

It is a much more direct to brain route, so the effect is much quicker - you stop taking the nic and it goes away :)

As grimwald says it is more likely the spitting is from condensation around the airflow and drip tip

Awesome. Thank you :)

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
I just bought a cubis tank, and when started vaping, it spitted back liquid on my tonque. I was using TC so it was not hot, not even warm. I figured out that on the particular coil I used, on max airflow it spitted, so I "dimmed" the airflow and the problem was gone. My questiin is, could you overdose on nic if a tank spits liquid in your mouth ? (That's what she said :)) ).
Thanks

welcome to the world of the cubis / cubis pro and bf coils..

the notch coils are not much/any better imo in regards to spitback, but they give way better flavor/vapor

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
There are cubis / cubis pro threads on here: my technique for minimizing spitback when refilling or changing coils:

1. fill tank and put cap/tip on
  2. turn upside down briefly
  3. take 5 or 10 draws without firing
  4. turn upside down over paper towel or trash can and fire til u see vapor
  5. q tip the drip tip / chimney
  6. vape tentatively
vaping one right now with 0mg nic juice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread