Nicotine River NicSelect

Status
Not open for further replies.

mhertz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 7, 2014
Denmark
Yes, In nic from vendors such as ecx, heartlandvapes, vice's etc. and i'm guessing mfs...

It is very high quality nic just as clean as e.g. nude-nicotine and vapers-tek nic, but whereas those mentioned nics often are "invisible" i.e. no real smell/taste, then nicselect nic ussually has a slight wodden/nutty/damp-tobacco'y smell/taste, which is pleasant for unflavored or tobacco mixes, but which some don't like in e.g. fruit/dessert mixes. However, It can easilly be masked and many high-quality eliquid-makers are using nicselect e.g. nicoticket etc.

Here's one of there latest coa, btw: Nicotine USP Batch 469102604040

All coas i've seen from them(~20) has an anhydrous assay purity of 100.0% to 100.5%. Of course you cannot get any purity over 100%, but that's just to account for the unprecision of the meassuring tool, so the spec dictates up to 101% to account for that. Also anhydrous assay takes other alkaloids into the same result, but those are really really small anyway with this nic...

Alchem is a real "giant/leader" in the nic-business, with batch-sizes of 250.000 liters of 99.97+ pure nic a a time, and I believe nicotine river is an authorized nicselect reseller in the states, so that's why it's so cheap, compared to many other smaller ventures, i'm guessing...

Btw, some time ago, there where some issues with nicselect smelling/tasting "rubbery", but that hasen't been reported in a long time. They(alchem), state that they had some issues previously with maintaning a "uniform" product with all the different crops of tobacco's and different aging of them and which part of the leaf used and what the used tobacco had drawn up from the soil, which imparted the smell/taste of some batches, but that they had sorted out the kinks since long...

I'm vaping unflavored nicselect right now making this post :) Nice vape for me :)

Last edited:

mhertz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 7, 2014
Denmark
Unless the vendor e.g. waters-down the nic, or whatever, then alchem's nic, is alchems nic, no matter the distributor/vendor... The only difference, is oxidation differences from handling, which really should be slight anyway if a professional vendor. Of course there can be batch differences, but thats unrelated to the vendor, and about alchem themselves...

However, I would also like more oppinions on this :)

Wow1420

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2013
Somewhere out there
Reactions: Oregon Linda

mhertz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 7, 2014
Denmark
Yeah, I can see they also sell pure nic, which is what's priced at those 285 bucks a liter...

Btw, i've just ordered some nicselect at another vendor(i'm from eu), and some chemnovatic nic also, to test out there newer batches and if they remain with the same flavor profile, but the vendor I get the nicselect from, lists a newer batch number in the coa than on nicotine rivers coa page, but maybe they haven't updated there page yet. I will report back if I find something "relevant", but that's gonna probably be in the big 'nicotine comparisson's thread though...

The nicselect I get, isn't dilluted down by the vendor themselves, but comes to them allready dilluted from alchem and so they just need to rebottle it into smaller bottles. Alchem has subcontracted some pharmaceutical contractor in eu which dillutes the nic down for them(without water in their vg blends). I don't know if it's valid, but I read a vendor stating it was done in italy, but I don't know for sure, though...

Last edited:
Reactions: teejuice

mhertz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 7, 2014
Denmark
Btw, I really like to order nicselect in this way(pre-dilluted from alchem by pharma-subcontractor), since the pharma-contractor they use also supply a coa for the dilluted product, so that I can see which batch-number the product comes from of alchem's pure nic, and check that, plus, check the dilluted product details preciselly, such as actual dilluted nic percent, water content(under 0.5% always) and specific gravity of the actual product i'm getting.

Normally there's a little more nic in the dillution than paid for, but this dilluted batch there where a slight bit under, but still absolutelly ok, and you see it before you decide to buy anyway. The previous batches where about 101,5% of what you paid for, but this time about 99%. When buying from other vendors which dillutes themselves, then we have to do the titration tests ourselves, and which isn't as precise...

The only bad thing about this, is that since where in the eu, then only 72mg nic and not 100mg. Second, it's much more expensive than nic from the states and the shipping is also steap, but oh well, what can you do...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread