Nicotine Salts Juices for pods

Status
Not open for further replies.

DawnBella

ECF Veteran
Jul 22, 2011
USA
I'm going to fill JUUL with Level Up salts (Tobacco) soon as new order arrives. One thing I did notice and caused me to breakup with JUUL (lol) performance is really bad if you use new style pods (hexagon shape) with original battery (diamond shape). I have the new shape battery now. Kinda back to normal. Still grossly overpriced tho Grr. Get with it JUUL!

Cosmic_Glaze

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2016
Mine was just delivered today, I'll let you know my thoughts when I get home.

I was curious about trying PBusardo's juice because why not.... and bought the kit from whatever his vendor is.

Sadly the kit didn't come with the flavor I wanted, but I'll just dump it out if its nogood.
I've tried PBUSARDOs juice. It's pretty good. I bought the Peach Watermelon (MVE) pods and the bottle for refill..the Peach is more dominant in the pod, but when I threw it in a KF5 the watermelon really came out.. I also got the Mint Tobacco, a Mint and menthol blend, I don't really get the tobacco which is fine for me...prefer it that way better.. the juices are 60 pg 40 Vg.

I'm very interested in the Nicotine Salt liquids, does the high nic in them affect the flavor? I've tried a 18mg (reg nic.) menthol refilling the (MVE and iCare) but it just does not have the "pop" that it does in my MTL tanks. 24 mg in the pods tastes like mostly nic..

Do the nic salt ejuices "hide" the flavor of the nic any better?
I do like a good throat hit, I prefer to taste the juice over the nic.

Reactions: David Wolf

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
I've tried PBUSARDOs juice. It's pretty good. I bought the Peach Watermelon (MVE) pods and the bottle for refill..the Peach is more dominant in the pod, but when I threw it in a KF5 the watermelon really came out.. I also got the Mint Tobacco, a Mint and menthol blend, I don't really get the tobacco which is fine for me...prefer it that way better.. the juices are 60 pg 40 Vg.

I'm very interested in the Nicotine Salt liquids, does the high nic in them affect the flavor? I've tried a 18mg (reg nic.) menthol refilling the (MVE and iCare) but it just does not have the "pop" that it does in my MTL tanks. 24 mg in the pods tastes like mostly nic..

Do the nic salt ejuices "hide" the flavor of the nic any better?
I do like a good throat hit, I prefer to taste the juice over the nic.
To me nicotine salts mellow out the nicotine throat hit while giving you faster nicotine satisfaction. I recommend you order the free sample bottles from Nude Nicotine and see how it works for you. I prefer the Smooth nic salts but I think it has some effect on flavor (I like it though). The Signature salts seemed close to regular nic to me.

Cosmic_Glaze

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2016
To me nicotine salts mellow out the nicotine throat hit while giving you faster nicotine satisfaction. I recommend you order the free sample bottles from Nude Nicotine and see how it works for you. I prefer the Smooth nic salts but I think it has some effect on flavor (I like it though). The Signature salts seemed close to regular nic to me.
I had the opportunity today to try "Fill my Pod" ejuice Mint flavor in a MVE... I liked it..the the TH was not that strong, at least it wasn't as strong as I thought it would be.. but yeah instant nic buzz like no other reg. 18mg juice that I usually have.. there is a B&M shop that I've heard carries that line.. gonna try to get some tomorrow... I think it would be perfect in my Icare and the Earl....

Cosmic_Glaze

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2016
Just picked up Mr Salt E Cannoli flavor 25mg.. popped it in a icare to test it out.. it's a very lite flavor with hints of chocolate not hash at all....(new coil might need to break in a bit for more flavor) Does not say pg/Vg ratio.... still confused on what 25mg salts is equivalent to reg. E juice.. anyone figure that one out yet?
So far I would not buy again...vapable but not awesome flavor...gonna give it sometime.

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
still confused on what 25mg salts is equivalent to reg. E juice

They're both 25mg.

The difference is how the nicotine is obtained. Generally, we've been using "freebase" nicotine in our e-liquids. Freebase nicotine is a single molecule, where nicotine salts (obtained from the tobacco leaf) are complex molecules.

More info here: What is Nicotine Salt?

Nicotine salts appear to be different in PH, resulting in a smoother feeling when inhaled.

Cosmic_Glaze

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2016
They're both 25mg.

The difference is how the nicotine is obtained. Generally, we've been using "freebase" nicotine in our e-liquids. Freebase nicotine is a single molecule, where nicotine salts (obtained from the tobacco leaf) are complex molecules.

More info here: What is Nicotine Salt?

Nicotine salts appear to be different in PH, resulting in a smoother feeling when inhaled.
I have heard that the nic salts don't equate as far as equal % to reg freebase. At least that's what everyone says that I've talked to.....
Maybe it is true that it is equal and that's why I can't find any conversion for it on the internet.

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
I have heard that the nic salts don't equate as far as equal % to reg freebase. At least that's what everyone says that I've talked to.....
Maybe it is true that it is equal and that's why I can't find any conversion for it on the internet.
Well 5% nic is 5% nic, whether freebase or Nic salts. The difference is as Retired1 pointed out, nic salts are in tobacco, and is why you get almost instant satisfaction from a cigarette, but it takes much longer vaping freebase. Nic salts are absorbed into the bloodstream faster, so you get a faster nic fix. I think that's only part of it though, regardless of the hype in the Juuls patent (yes, I read it), I think the other factor is the fact that you can vape higher nic with nic salts PG/VG juices more comfortably, since the PH is lowered with the added acid (various types were tried in experiments documented in the patent) as Retired1 also stated. PG has an alkaline pH around 9 to 10, cigarette smoke has a pH of around 5.3, and VG is close to neutral (7), like water.
Thought that it just might be my icare that was giving a lame flavor to the Mr. Salt E cannoli... threw it into my KF3 mini to test the flavor....still no good, if it tasted like it smells in the bottle it would be great. Gotta give it a thumbs down.
Yeah, I liked it ok for a day or so, now don't like it at all. I like some dessert flavors, but not this one. I do like the Mr Salt-E Mint ok, but I have a brand new bottle I haven't used since I've made a fine DIY Salt Nic Peppermint Ice juice :)

Cosmic_Glaze

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2016
Well 5% nic is 5% nic, whether freebase or Nic salts. The difference is as Retired1 pointed out, nic salts are in tobacco, and is why you get almost instant satisfaction from a cigarette, but it takes much longer vaping freebase. Nic salts are absorbed into the bloodstream faster, so you get a faster nic fix. I think that's only part of it though, regardless of the hype in the Juuls patent (yes, I read it), I think the other factor is the fact that you can vape higher nic with nic salts PG/VG juices more comfortably, since the PH is lowered with the added acid (various types were tried in experiments documented in the patent) as Retired1 also stated. PG has an alkaline pH around 9 to 10, cigarette smoke has a pH of around 5.3, and VG is close to neutral (7), like water.

Yeah, I liked it ok for a day or so, now don't like it at all. I like some dessert flavors, but not this one. I do like the Mr Salt-E Mint ok, but I have a brand new bottle I haven't used since I've made a fine DIY Salt Nic Peppermint Ice juice :)
Well it makes sense that it would be the same %... soon I will start my DIY adventure, gotta get that rolling, to save some $$$, well more like redirect money to the tank & mod fund, who am I kidding.

Flt Simulation

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2014
Florida
Seems like this whole 'Nic Salts' juice thing fits into kind of a niche market.

From what I have read, seems like the folks that are vaping on Nic Salts juice are using it in these 'Pods' instead of your standard atomizers we are all familiar with (RDAs, RTAs, clearomizers, etc) .... My question is:

1. Would Nic Salts work well in a standard atty such as something like a Kayfun?

2. I make my own juice at a cost of about 8 cents per ml ... Do you suppose it will be long before we can buy the ingredients so we can make our own DIY homemade flavored Nic Salts juice ... just like many of us now make our own vape juice at home?

Thanks,

Last edited:

Mazinny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2013
NY
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread