• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Nicotine strength level

Status
Not open for further replies.

pianoguy

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 4, 2009
Apple Valley, MN
This is an area that a lot of beginners struggle with. There is an entire section on this subject here at the ECF, well worth perusing:

Nicotine - E-Cigarette Forum

I'll give you a Reader's Digest version of what worked for me, and hopefully it will be of help to you.

First, you need to be aware of how much nicotine you are getting from your traditional cigarettes per day. For example, I smoked Marlboro Mediums, which contain .6mg of nicotine per cigarette. At about 25 cigarettes per day a day, I was getting 15mg of nicotine.

In the Nicotine section, I found a formula that suggested that you need 2.5 times the amount of nicotine from an e-cig as from a traditional cigarette. So, in my case, 15 x 2.5 = 37.5. On average, people seem to go through about 2ml of e-juice per day, which would indicate that I would've needed around 18mg strength to come close to 37.5mg per day (2ml of 18mg strength = 36mg).

This formula can at least give you a baseline to start from, rather than just guessing. I would recommend trying a level that is close to the formula, and also order some e-juice (or cartos) a level above and also a level or two below - this will hopefully start you out with what you need to find your sweet spot. I started with 18mg, but found that I needed to move up to 24mg strength in order to squash my cravings for the first few weeks. I have since reduced my level to the 11-12 range. I also discovered that I had trouble getting to sleep until I started using lower strength juice in the evening.

Best of luck, and happy vaping!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread