Nicotine strengths in % and mg.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jakesteele

Dec 5, 2011
jakesteele
As a smoker of both cigars and cigarettes I've always preferred stronger and full flavored products. Now that I'm just starting to vape I am looking for the most powerful nicotine I can get. I see on some sites that the highest level of nicotine seems to be 2.4%, which, I assume, is the equivalent to 24mg? At this site (Smokeless Image | Only The Best Electronic Cigarette | Volt - Basic Starter Kit - Starter Kits) their strongest concentrate seems to be 2.4% and it's rated as XHigh. In contrast to that, on this site (http://www.........../shopping/products/5-E-Cigarette-E9/81-Electronic-Cigarette-E9/) their rating system is as follows: (High -18mg.) (XHigh - 24mg.) (XXHigh - 36mg.) (XXXHigh - 48mg.). I have ordered some product from this company, but the shipping time is out to several weeks.

Also, I haven't started using e-liquid yet, but I'm thinking that that is where I can get the strongest nicotine. I am reluctant to start with liquid due mainly to a sense of overwhelm and intimidation about all the different ways to do it, how to refill, etc.

What I'm looking for is a 2-ecig that has very high levels of nicotine density, throwaway cartridges with the option to re-fill if desired, and long battery live. Does this beast exist anywhere out there?

swedishfish

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2010
NJ
For a heavy smoker, your best option would be to get a big battery or high voltage device. I doubt if a mini will do it for you. You could start with an ego type device or go directly to a mod.

I'd look into a Riva, an epower, a KGO, echo-e. All have big batteries and you can use LR cartomizers.

Riva 650 mah battery ($30)
Epower- 3.7 volts, inexpensive replacement batteries
KGO 1100 mah battery
echo-e 1300 mah battery 4.2 volts

The Epower, kgo, echo-e are all in the same price range $45-50.

You can get low resistance cartomizers to use the same way you do with the mini. You fill them yourself with your preferred juice.

Vapor Station has good tobacco juices and goes up to 36 I believe.

I don't have enough experience with mods to recommend one but I'm sure someone here can help you with that.

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
On nicotine, even fairly heavy smokers of full strength cigarettes often do well with 24 mg/ml. A fraction will need to bump up to 30 or 36mg/ml, at least for some craving points.

I hadn't heard of anyone selling prefilled cartomizers with 48mg/ml, that really isn't something even a very heavy smoker would use directly. Some people will "experiment" (NOT advised) with vaping higher than 36 mg/ml, but that's a really marginal thing to do.

Either 24 or 36 are likely to be fine.

Vapor4life (v4l) sells KR808D-1 prefilled cartomizers (all of their products are 808), up to 36 mg/ml. If you like a strong tobacco flavor, with some good "twang", I used to use their Dunhall and Kamel.

The big battery units, like a Riva or eGo 510, will provide better runtime between recharges, but if a cigarette size/form at first is something you really want I would stay with a KR808D-1, whether the SmokelessImage Volt of one of the VaporKing 808s sold by V4L. The 808 batteries run at higher voltage (more satisfying) and have higher mAh available (longer run time) than, say, a standard 510 non-Riva/eGo battery.

Swedishfish's suggestions are all good. With them you can use 2 ohm Boge cartomizers (the high end of the low resistance range), which should provide good warmth/vapor/flavor. V4L also sells their eliquid by the bottle, for filling/refilling cartomizers, ,you could use it with the Boge cartomizers, and it is available at up to 36 mg/ml (like their prefilleds).

swedishfish

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2010
NJ
If you have a kit like the Volt, V4L cartomizers will fit on it and they have 36 mg. cartomizers

Premium Vapor King 555 CoolCart Cartomizers - Prefilled Vapor King e-Cig and E-Cigarette Cartomizers

When my mom started vaping (she smoked for 60 years) she started with the V4L cartos & juice in 36. She liked the 555 and Hilton (I think it was called).

She really only stayed with the 36 for a short time until she was off cigs and then the high nic bothered her and she went down gradually to like 6 mg.

Last edited:

madjack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2011
Central Louisiana
For a heavy smoker, your best option would be to get a big battery or high voltage device. I doubt if a mini will do it for you. You could start with an ego type device or go directly to a mod.

I'd look into a Riva, an epower, a KGO, echo-e. All have big batteries and you can use LR cartomizers.

Riva 650 mah battery ($30)
Epower- 3.7 volts, inexpensive replacement batteries
KGO 1100 mah battery
echo-e 1300 mah battery 4.2 volts

The Epower, kgo, echo-e are all in the same price range $45-50.

You can get low resistance cartomizers to use the same way you do with the mini. You fill them yourself with your preferred juice.

Vapor Station has good tobacco juices and goes up to 36 I believe.

I don't have enough experience with mods to recommend one but I'm sure someone here can help you with that.

MsFish has given you good advice...with what you say you want, a ciggy sized unit is not going to cut it...I started with a Riva and still use it, but, I did get me an E-Power and love it...vaping near 5ml/day, I only change the batt once perday(about every 12hrs)...the KGo and Echo-E will give similar performance...24mg/ml(2.4%) or 36mg/ml(3.6%) is as high as you can safely vape...there is a reason the second company you listed is blocked on this forum.......
madjack:2cool:

RedZone

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2009
Denver, CO, USA
I would consider myself a heavy smoker before I quit. Marb Reds, two packs a day. I started on 36mg, and quickly moved down to 24mg. My issue is once I found flavors I liked, I vape regularly through the day, where w/ analogs I had one maybe every 30 mins on average. I've found that even with the 24mg, I hit periods where I just get too much NIC (Damn the good flavors!), and I may try and step down to 18mg in the near future.

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
36mg and 48mg are not something I recommend - most would just make themselves sick on that. Those are the kinds of level most people only use for DIY by diluting it to a more normal level and adding flavoring. If you get too much nicotine you can get headache, rapid or irregular heartbeat, blood pressure issues, hazy sick feeling.

Most people do fine starting on 16-18mg or 24mg. And 24mg means 24mg per ml of liquid, and 2.4% means the same thing.

BTW the mods want people to have their real location in their profile, not their login name

Last edited:

Running Wolf

ECF Veteran
Nov 22, 2011
North East Ohio
jakesteele, don't worry about filling the cartomizer yourself. It's a very easy thing to do. Seriously. It sounds way more complicated than it is. After a day, you'll be a pro at it.

Ms. Fish is 100% correct. Being fairly new to vaping I was thinking "Oh man this is gonna be a monkey making a rocket". There are a few ways to clean and refill a carto. PBusardo has a few videos. One is on boiling the cartos to clean them, and a good one on the condom method of filling them.

The eGo have a decent battery life but isn't as thin as an analog cig. You get used to it real quick the same way you'd get used to switching to a wide, 100, or king sized analog in a day or so.

Jammin246

Dec 16, 2011
St Louis, mo
I was a fairly heavy smoker 1 1/2 packs a day pall malls. I went with 12mg/ml. I also noticed that different companies liquid provided different nicotine levels delivered at the same concentration. Vaping fairly regularly all day for the first few days had me feeling very..... Hyped up. I was running in circles and sleeping 4 hours a day... While not feeling tired. I have since calmed down, but my advice is stick with 12-18mg for a week and see how you like it... Up it if it doesn't quite do the trick.

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
24mg/ml = 2.4% (24 mg/ml = 24g/l, and a liter weighs 1000g [1kg]. 24/1000 =2.4/100, 2.4%)

A typical user may use a couple ml/day, but only a fraction of the nicotine is absorbed. A pack of cigarettes labeled 22 mg nicotine provides 1.1mg/cig, but that is absorbed nicotine. Jf etter did a recent study, checked blood and saliva of long term pv users, found cotinine levels similar (close to, not much higher than) to smokers.(cotinine is what nicotine metabolizes to).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread