nicotine through vapor in the air

Status
Not open for further replies.

Way2Gone

ECF Veteran
Dec 5, 2013
Indiana, USA
Nicotine will be present in the vapor you exhale but its only a fraction. it does settle down faster in a cooler room. My vapor drops and disappears a lot faster now that its colder.

Thanks for the advice :) So is the fraction part you are talking about low enough that it wouldn't effect anybody? Even if you vaped like 18 mg or something. 18 is the highest I usually vape when I really need nicotine. When I vape for just vapor i use lower like 6 or around that area.

Last edited:

Archer74

ECF Veteran
Sep 26, 2009
Illinois
From my own experience of vaping 36mg since '09, no it wont affect an adult but I would caution around children. Also the device plays a role as well. I recently upgraded my device to a more powerful vaporizer. I used to vape 36mg on a KR808D1 till I got my new one. My old one vaporized enough nicotine in the 36mg jiuce to satisfy my craving. But when I switched device the same 36mg juice(same bottle) gave me a dose more than I am used to and I felt it.

I've read some literature that may provide a "guess-timate" of how much is actually expelled but i'll have to find it again.

Edit: found it and its it the microgram per cubic meter range. Study 1 with a machine, study 2 with persons but dual users
http://ntr.oxfordjournals.org/content/early/2013/12/10/ntr.ntt203.long

Last edited:

quinngia

Moved On
Sep 8, 2014
New York
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

Acer50

ECF Veteran
Nov 21, 2014
Duck River Tasmania
www.facebook.com
Very interesting discussion, I for one have been very interested in this as when puffing away in the car with children present it was somewhat of a concern, likewise it has been a concern for some restaurants and bars and all be it, that the toxin exposure of passive smoke of the cancer sticks is not present with vapes those using nicotine vapes may or may not put the non vaper at some sort of risk (?) not at all sure about this. I too use numerous mods, my latest is the itaste S.V.D 2.0 DNA 20 which I do favour a lot as it is one of a few mods that I own that will take a sub ohm coil. I am currently running a Kafun on it with a 0.8 ohm coil and quite happy with the result. Happy Vaping to all and a safe and happy vaping Christmas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread