NicQuid from Altsmoke - YUCK!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MizK

Jul 28, 2013
Columbus, OH
So, though I like Altsmoke for hardware, I've never bought juice from there because I think it's too expensive. Well, a couple of weeks ago, I needed to go to Altsmoke to get a clearo I wanted, and I also needed juice. Not wanting to drive to two different places that are very far apart, I decided to just get some juice from Altsmoke rather than going to my usual juice joint (which is unfortunately horrible on the hardware end).

While tasting, I had a hard time finding a flavor I liked. They all had this same really unpleasant taste. It's hard to describe, sort of like a burnt dusty flavor. I was hesitant to buy any of them, but my desire for convenience and my urgent need for juice won out. I didn't find anything I loved, but I found two that were OK. I got a 10 ml bottle of one and a 30 ml bottle of the other.

Let me tell you, I am really regretting that decision! This stuff is nearly unbearable to vape. The weird burnt dusty flavor is super noticeable when you're vaping a whole tank of it, and it quickly gets to the point where that's all you can taste. I don't know what it is, but they have to be putting something weird in this stuff. I've tried a lot of different juices from a lot of different vendors, and I've never tasted anything like this before. It also seems that you can't vape this juice at anything higher than 3.8 volts. If you go to even 3.9 or 4.0 (I usually hang around 4 with other juices), you get this really super intense burnt flavor that is just awful.

Has anyone else tried this stuff? Did you notice the same thing, or am I just losing my mind? The brand is NicQuid. It might only be sold at the Columbus OH Altsmoke location, it says on the bottle that it's made in Ohio, but I'm not sure. What is with this stuff? So gross! And expensive! Never again, that's for sure.

VapinSweetZ

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 21, 2013
Philadelphia, PA.
NicQuid isn't really related to AltSmoke, and I agree some of their flavors are less good than other (as with most of the brands), but honestly I'm vaping at 7.5w and I did enjoyed them.

Personally I really like their "Strawnana smoothie" and "Daybreak" (ry4ish), I really didn't liked Banana Nut Bread from them, was a huge disappointment for me.

Also, as far as I remember, the daybreak was much better for me at 6w, but it wasn't bad on 7.5w, just too heavy for me (chocked me a little).

Anyway get used to be very disappointed of out some liquids, exactly like with food and colons, not everybody likes the same stuff, just stick to small amounts with new brands, and take it mind you MAY need to throw them out or give away some of them.

Also it's kinda your fault of getting liquids you didn't really liked at the store :) I'm very picky in B&M stored and usually trying around 10 flavors per 1 purchase :)

Last edited:

MizK

Jul 28, 2013
Columbus, OH
No, I know they're not affiliated with Altsmoke, I just threw that in there because that's where I bought it. At first glance, I thought you were saying 7.5 volts and I was like WHOA! Haha, then I realized you were saying watts. I guess I'm at about 9 watts, at 3.8 volts with a coil that's measuring 1.6 ohms in resistance according to my MVP. But, like I said, I usually hang around 4 volts and I've never had that really intense burnt flavor that I get with this juice at that voltage.

As you say, different people like different flavors, but it's not really the flavor I dislike, it's this strange unpleasant burnt dusty undertone that's in all their flavors. And when you vape it for a while, it just gets really overpowering.

Live and learn, I suppose! Or vape and learn! This particular brand just seemed really different and strange to me, like there's an odd ingredient that isn't in most e-liquids.

joecil

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
Russell Springs, Kentucky
I actually like 3 of their flavors 2 of which are tobacco which I'm not normally a fan of. The Gen 7, Day Break are two I could keep on hand. The other is a toss up for once in a while the Bahama Blizzard or the Maraschino Blast both are a menthol hint too. I also get the Signature line from Five Pawns there with with my discount (due to first customer) I save $1 over full price even with taxes. 3 of their flavors have become my favorites. Gambit, Grandmaster and Queenside (sometimes).

SchmidtyKy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2013
Anytown, USA
We have an AltSmoke here in Lexington. I went in there more than once and seriously tasted EACH NiQuid sample they had. I agreed with you, they all had this strange taste about them. I thought it was just the crappy clearo's they were using for the samples and thought it would taste better in my own tanks. When I finally found a flavor I wanted to buy, they didn't have it in my strength so I ended up not getting it.

I'm kind of glad it worked out that way since I likely would have been disappointed when I got home.

I think they have a variety of flavors but I would like to see them carry even more vendors. The top vendors they carry are NiQuid, The Standard, and Five Pawns. Would be nice to see more!

eLefAdEr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2013
Chapel Hill, NC, USA
Stopped by the new Altsmoke Louisville (Shelbyville Rd.) location a couple weeks ago to check it out and maybe pick up some juice if the price was right. They offered a 30% discount if you posted a Google review of their store, so I managed to get some "high-end" stuff very close to their cost.

Went with 30ml of the Standard's Irie Nights. Excellent stuff.

Also grabbed 30ml of NicQuid's Sinapse. Now, when I sampled it, I thought something might be wrong with the clearomizer it was in -- seemed way too strong, but apparently that's just how it tastes. I kind of liked it. So when I finally dripped it straight, my tastebuds were overloaded. This stuff is POTENT! It's just too much to vape straight up.

I had never mixed any flavors together, save a few that made sense to try (like Root Beer + Vanilla to make a root beer float). But it dawned on me to try Irie Nights with a few drops of Sinapse mixed in. Holy goodness -- it just punched up the flavor by a factor of 3 or 4x.

One of the most, if not the most subjective things about vaping is the flavor of certain e-liquids, but I'm totally sold on this flavor combination and will probably try adding a little Sinapse to my fruity flavors as an enhancer.

dabears34

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2014
Columbus, OH
Altsmoke is the first B&M I went to(also where I got my starter kit). The Niquid brand is more miss than hit to me, I will sit there and try 10 flavors before I find one I like. For whatever reason I get that same weird flavor from the majority of their juices. I really enjoy SoHo, Daybreak, Stripes, and Bahama Breeze. I'm actually dripping Daybreak as I type:vapor:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread