Status
Not open for further replies.

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
Depends on which version of nipple it has.

If it's the newest adjustable 510 (that was available in 2015) the bottom piece of the nipple just needs to be threaded back on and tightened. Look to see if the piece in the tube has threads. Using the tube to screw it back on makes it easier, then snug it down fairly tight.

On earlier nipples the bottom portion of them could break off and you would have to replace the entire nipple new. Reosmods should have replacement parts. You could also send it in for repair, or have it updated by Eric.

Here's a video Russ did back then that shows how to replace the old style nipple if that's what you have. The nipple fix starts at 9:15 in the video.

Last edited:

SteamStack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2014
Macomb, MI, USA
Is say if it's the old non adjustable 510, send it in. Would of saves money if I did back when cause I spent like $25 for the kit to do it myself and stripped the threads on the nipple easy.. then ended up sending it in for the fix.. though not after buying another kit and this time doing ok but it leaked bad for the longest time.. don't know if it wasn't tight enough or so tight I stripped it again slightly.

Old nipple is soft brass..

So if it's the old 510 connection you might as well get it upgraded to the new ss 510 and you will need to send it in for that.

SteamStack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2014
Macomb, MI, USA
@SteamStack

"So if it's the old 510 connection you might as well get it upgraded to the new ss 510 and you will need to send it in for that."

Actually you can do it yourself if so inclined. The parts to do so are available from Reosmods/Eric in the Shop/Accessories area.

Yea but isint the 510 press fitted?

Reactions: JC Okie

SteamStack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2014
Macomb, MI, USA
Thanks for everybody's reply's. I believe I have the older nipple since I'm not able to screw it back in. What is this new ss adjustable 510 and what does it do? I tried looking on the website but it doesn't say.

How do I send it to the spa? I emailed them but didn't get a response.

It's everything!! It give you the ability to adjust the height of the center pin so you can adjust the position of your atty just right to where you can line up the air hole on your rba. Also it's all stainless steel. Gives you the ease of replacing the gold contact in the future with easy and not crack the nipple doing so.

Plus less chance of damaging the 510 threads if you drop your reo on your atty! I've done that before.

Reactions: JC Okie

Eric Parlin

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Thanks for everybody's reply's. I believe I have the older nipple since I'm not able to screw it back in. What is this new ss adjustable 510 and what does it do? I tried looking on the website but it doesn't say.

Hi C-Fut,

Not sure what happened to your email. It must have been the only email my spam filter has ever actually classified as spam. I get 100+ emails a day for life insurance, male enhancement pills, wood shop plans, etc. and the only email that doesn't get into my inbox is the one I want to see.

We would be happy to replace your older 510 assembly and give your mod the full spa treatment. If you would like, PM me with pictures of your mod (one from the top, looking into the well and one from inside looking at the 510 connection point) and I can discuss repair options, costs, and timing with you directly.

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY

I had some work done on mine, I tried to repair a new 510 and, being a Hoople, messed it up royal. I sent it in, it was back in four days. I was very pleased with the turn around, the price and the quality of the work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread