Status
Not open for further replies.

tearose50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
Tennessee :-)
What follows is the actual notice sent to customers...This is a real bummer. I have vaped nothing but NLV Gold since it's inception.

Newsletter 12/28/2016...

Dear Customer,
We sincerely regret to inform you that PVLiquids.com will no longer be able to service NiteLite Vapor retail customers online. The new FDA regulations implemented on August 8th, 2016 stating that all vaping products and items used for vaping are now deemed tobacco Products and are therefore now under their jurisdiction. The new FDA regulations are beyond what most all US e-cigarette manufacturers, distributors, and vendors could possibly comply with. The exception would be all the tobacco companies who already manufacturer their own brand of e-cigarette products who without a doubt have been well prepared financially and politically for quite some time. Although the new FDA regulations were not expected to be enforced for a few years, MasterCard announced last month that they would be applying their own new regulations to Online Merchants with regards to anyone selling E-cigarette Products now that Vapor Products are deemed tobacco products. Visa, Discover, and American Express are expected to follow suit. The requirements to become compliant are so ridiculously out of reach for most all Online Vendors, that we don't see very many surviving the implementation deadline. The deadline may vary between Websites and Vendors depending on which Credit Card Processing Company they are doing business with. Ours has notified us that we will be losing our Merchants Account after the first week in January 2017.

NiteLite Vapor will continue to service their wholesale accounts to Brick and Mortar Stores in the US and Internationally. Although there have already been many Brick and Mortar Stores close because of all the new regulations. There is now way to know how many more will follow.

We expect that most PVL customers will try to stock up between now and before the end of the first week in January. The impact on our service departments and shipping will most likely be overloaded during this time. We will try to keep product in stock and will continue to restock while we can. You can rightly assume shipping delays due to the large orders we will receive and customer demand once this notice of closure becomes public. We intend to offer the current Holiday discount of 30% off as long as supplies last.

We sincerely thank you for your patronage and support over the many years. Our decision to close PVLiquids.com did not come easily and has brought a great sadness to many.

The Staff at PVLiquids.com

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
I also just found out yesterday...not sure when they closed, or if they plan on coming back. Wonder if Katdarling has more info....

Hi Esoterica,

PVLiquids.com is closed and will not be reopening. As it stands now, most NLV authorized distributors (brick and mortar stores) have chosen to advertise only in their own local areas. So this means counter sales only. There's no list of NLV distributors due to confidentially clauses for national publication.

PVLiquids sent out an additional newsletter on 12/31/16:

Dear Customer,
If you have placed an order with us since our Closing Notification, thank you! We have received an overwhelming response from all PVLiquids and NiteLiteVapor customers. We are buried in emails and orders. Our staff has been working around the clock to process all inquiries and received orders. If your order has not been processed as yet, it is because most all orders are extremely above the normal. The majority of orders are for Mini Jugs ranging in quantities of 4 to beyond 30. The same is true for 30ml bottles. Please be patient if you have not received your order or if you have not received a shipping notice yet. Inquiries (emails to us) regarding individual orders only slow things down further, keeping our staff very busy trying to respond. We are doing our best to keep product available at this time. We are expecting more inventory on Tuesday (January 3rd, 2017). So if your order has not yet shipped, it may be awaiting a few items to be completed and shipped. We are immensely trying to accommodate everyone who wants NLV products before we close our ordering process.

Unfortunately our closing has been surrounded by the Holidays. Today is New Years Eve, tomorrow is New Years Day, and since New Years Day lands on a Sunday... most all businesses including banks and the US Post Offices will be closed on Monday (January 2nd, 2017) in observation of the New Year Holiday. Processing of orders will resume on Monday when our staff returns from the Holiday weekend. Since all Post Offices will be closed, shipping will resume on Tuesday (January 3rd, 2017).

Most customer email and order comments are in regards to whether they can continue placing orders by using PayPal. The answer is simply no. PayPal was one of the very first to consider Vapor Products as a tobacco product long before the US FDA regulations ever began an issue. If you read PayPal policies, an individual can lose their account instantly if PayPal deems any transaction a US tobacco or e-cigarette transaction. This does NOT apply to purchases made outside of the United States, but you may still have to contend with US Customs. US Customs checks imports randomly for compliance and can return or confiscate packages as they deem fit. A PayPal business account would be under much stronger stringent monitoring. So to answer the bulk of customer inquiries here... no we cannot accept PayPal.

Other inquiries are asking if Payment could be accepted by check or money order. NiteLite Vapor has tried this before and the process just isn't financial viable due to time delays in mailing, lost mail, unacceptable money orders, and returned checks. It also created a magnitude of administrative personnel and banking processing which lead NLV to develop a distributor network. So we are sorry to say this is not an option for PVLiquids.com

As to all the requests for a list of Vaping Shops now carrying NiteLite Vapor Liquids... we do not have access to such a list due to confidential agreements between NLV and their distributors. It would be up to the individual distributor to authorize NLV for publication. Since they are under the same upcoming tobacco shipping regulations (being applied to Vapor Products) that regular cigarettes are held to, most all Vapor Shops will only advertise in their own area for in-person purchases. This is also to be in compliance with credit card regulations of tobacco purchases. PVLiquids.com is a NLV authorized Online Retail distributor and not connected to or with any other NLV distributor. We truly apologize for being unable to help our PVL customers find a local Vaping Shop in their area who are carrying NiteLite Vapor Liquids. What we do know is that here are none in Iowa any longer.

We hope we have been able to respond to the bulk of inquires with this newsletter. Orders will continue to mount as this upcoming week nears an end. We are not sure when the last day to order will fall as we have not heard back from our Credit Card Processor due to the New Year Holiday weekend. Our original date for closing online orders was set for January 8th, 2017. That date may or may not be extend by another week pending contact with our CC Processor. We will keep you posted to any updates regarding this final closing date.

Please enjoy your weekend and thank you all for the super nice order comments and emails we have received concerning PVLiquids closing. We have enjoyed building our company into a very respected, reliable, and trusted NiteLite Vapor Liquid outlet. It is beyond words how sad we are to see greed and politics destroy so many life saving businesses, products, and people. We have truly appreciate our dedicated customer following. Our thoughts will always be with you.

Please have a Safe and Happy New Year,
The Staff at PVLiquids.com

Reactions: EleanorR

Glam

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2011
La Salle, Illinois
The notice of no more NLV made me so sad...this has been my go to e liquid for almost 3 years. Nothing out there has even come close to smooth, great tasting, vapor, and excellent customer service

NLV....you will be missed. By me, by others who have discovered what a great vape really tastes like.

reacher999

Feb 13, 2017
I can’t believe I didn’t notice this before it was too late! NLV is pretty much the only company that I have used for the entire 5 - 6 year vaping career. Someone gave me a bottle, a carto and an Ego during the first few months I was experimenting around with different disposables and actual Ecigs and that was pretty much it. I’ve have been almost exclusively NLV for the past 5 years and exclusively Twilite for at least the last 4.

Sure….in the beginning I was trying different vendors and flavors. And when NLV was so busy it took weeks to get your order I often had to shop around if I mistimed things. But since PV liquids started distributing and Twilite has been around it’s been the only juice I have used. The only one! And now it’s gone. :(

This will likely seem over dramatic but I know at least a few of my fellow NLV cult members will understand…..I’m completely freaking out! I’m seriously struggling with this!! I have tried no less than 25 different juices from 12 different vendors over the past 3 weeks trying to find something, anything, which comes even remotely close. They’re ALL CRAP!! I mean a few of them are okay for a few hours in a Gold or Renegade Reject kind of way…. but I’m walking around with 3 different tanks and 3 different bottles because I get so sick of them. I haven’t smoked in 4-5 years and I’m so irritable I feel like I quit yesterday!

On top of hating all the juices I’m buying I’ve had to go into vape shops to get a lot of them. In there I have to listen to some jack ... telling me “This is the best tobacco vape on the market.” Or “I need this new mod so I can increase the wattage and these coils so that I can increase the temperature.” Or my personal favorite “Higher VG juices are a sign of higher quality and PG dominant juices have become really unpopular.” Shhhuuuuuuut Uuuuuup!!

Twilite seems like it should be easy to replace. It’s not complicated. It’s not especially robust! It’s not indescribably flavorful or complex! It doesn’t change notes on the exhale or blend separate and distinctive flavors together. Twilite is jut simple and reliable....consistent and balanced. It’s unremarkable and modest…but incredibly satisfying!! It’s just….absolutely perfect!! Even my coils or my old carto’s would last 10 times longer with Twilite than with any other juice!

Every tobacco flavor I get is just.....bad. They’re all either too sweet, or too dry, or too earthy, or too rich, or too weak, or too bitter, or too wet, or too heavy, or just too much…. Tobacco. Other flavors suffer the same fate! Awful! It’s driving me crazy! I keep trying to remind myself that Twilite didn’t knock my socks off or totally WOW me the very first time I tried it. I wasn’t instantly in love with it. I just thought it was nice….satisfying! But I found myself going back to it again and again and again until it was the only juice I would use. The few times that I ran out over the years and had to vape something else for a day or two only served as a strong confirmation of how much better it was when a new order came in.

It’s truly my Goldilocks juice! :( And not being able to get it or anything even remotely comparable is becoming increasingly frustrating by the day!

Sorry for the crazy meltdown.... If anyone (Who Understands) has any advice or recommendations, it would be greatly appreciated.

reacher999

Feb 13, 2017
Help me Kat! :( This tobacco taste like the mixer went all Emeril Lagasse with the cider vinegar! And this NET was so bad it made the new coil unsalvageable. And this high VG tobacco taste OK...But I cant feel it. I can see the hell out of it!!! But that only goes so far!!

Can't NLV or PV Liquids just raise the prices?? I mean at $60.00 for a Mini Jug I would smile and say "think you sir may I have another!" At $70.00 "Think you sir may have another!" I'm sure there is a limit for me up there somewhere...But I'm not sure where. Or maybe just sell the pre mixed flavor concentrate with instructions to add to 100ML and enjoy! ;) Wouldn't that get around the regs?

I honestly don't know what to do!! I broke down yesterday and bought a bunch of DIY supplies. But that's just my desperation!!! I have no clue what I'm doing! The only thing I'm pretty sure of is that the ratio is 65-35 and the flavorings come from a "well known USA flavoring company." But even then that leaves dozens if not 100's of possible tobacco choices! And that's assuming #1 its even tobacco. It sure doesn't taste anything like other tobacco products I've tried. And #2 the flavoring is even available to the general public and not made by a manufacturer that only works with corporations. In which case I'll never find it.

The only real hope I have in DIY is that what I really love about Twilite is that it's lite. Ands if that's the case its possible...maybe...that I'll like other flavors too if I just go easy on the flavoring. And big on the love!! lol
But again, that's probably my desperation talking.

Thanks for listing. My co-workers and family don't understand! And frankly, are really tired of me talking about it! :censored: :censored: :censored: :mad:

birdy68

Verified Member
Jun 6, 2015
Virginia
lyndablair.smugmug.com
Help me Kat! :( This tobacco taste like the mixer went all Emeril Lagasse with the cider vinegar! And this NET was so bad it made the new coil unsalvageable. And this high VG tobacco taste OK...But I cant feel it. I can see the hell out of it!!! But that only goes so far!!

Can't NLV or PV Liquids just raise the prices?? I mean at $60.00 for a Mini Jug I would smile and say "think you sir may I have another!" At $70.00 "Think you sir may have another!" I'm sure there is a limit for me up there somewhere...But I'm not sure where. Or maybe just sell the pre mixed flavor concentrate with instructions to add to 100ML and enjoy! ;) Wouldn't that get around the regs?

I honestly don't know what to do!! I broke down yesterday and bought a bunch of DIY supplies. But that's just my desperation!!! I have no clue what I'm doing! The only thing I'm pretty sure of is that the ratio is 65-35 and the flavorings come from a "well known USA flavoring company." But even then that leaves dozens if not 100's of possible tobacco choices! And that's assuming #1 its even tobacco. It sure doesn't taste anything like other tobacco products I've tried. And #2 the flavoring is even available to the general public and not made by a manufacturer that only works with corporations. In which case I'll never find it.

The only real hope I have in DIY is that what I really love about Twilite is that it's lite. Ands if that's the case its possible...maybe...that I'll like other flavors too if I just go easy on the flavoring. And big on the love!! lol
But again, that's probably my desperation talking.

Thanks for listing. My co-workers and family don't understand! And frankly, are really tired of me talking about it! :censored: :censored: :censored: :mad:
I'M WITH YOU.. this sucks. I loved my RED apple from NLV and have yet to find anything to compare it with. Ever since Dave Longo sent me some, I have loved it so much. It's all I vape. So upset by this. I tried Heather's Heavenly Vapes Adam's Apple. It's horrible. Tastes like perfume. American eLiquids has an Apple that's OK. At least it doesn't taste like perfume but it isn't as good as NLV's Red Apple.. I am bummed beyond belief..
PS.. I never got a notice about this. I even checked my spam folder.. Nothing. Why is everyone else still selling online? Why is it just them? Unfair.

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Wish I could help ya, reacher. I definitely understand that nothing (at least for me) can even come close to comparing with the flavor delights of NLV liquids. :(

Le sigh. :(

birdy, it DOES seem unfair to me as well. Everything about what's happening to vape just makes me shiver. :grr:

Reactions: sandybeach

Jingles

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2011
Ohio
I'M WITH YOU.. this sucks. I loved my RED apple from NLV and have yet to find anything to compare it with. Ever since Dave Longo sent me some, I have loved it so much. It's all I vape. So upset by this. I tried Heather's Heavenly Vapes Adam's Apple. It's horrible. Tastes like perfume. American eLiquids has an Apple that's OK. At least it doesn't taste like perfume but it isn't as good as NLV's Red Apple.. I am bummed beyond belief..
PS.. I never got a notice about this. I even checked my spam folder.. Nothing. Why is everyone else still selling online? Why is it just them? Unfair.
You might try Ahlusion's Pure apple. It is straight up Apple and you can pick your pg/vg level and of course your nic level. Ahlusion goes up to 24 mg. unlike a lot of other place nowadays. I like Ahlusion's Autumn Mist which is an apple and pear mixture.

BoilerGuy

Unresolved Status
Sep 13, 2016
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

sandybeach

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 8, 2011
Chicago
Me too! There's a silver lining though. I actually went into a vape shop after buying exclusively from NLV for at least five years. I found only ONE juice at the vape shop that wasn't fruity or spicy. It's rather good. I don't know if it's the company name or the flavor. It's called Th3briac. It's not as good as Bounty Hunter or Gold but I like it. It's complex. Sort of a vanilla caramel with maybe a touch of tobacco.

I also tried a lot of other juices over the years. They weren't consistent like NLV. Or just not good.

Now that I found a good juice my first time at a vape store, my feeling is we may have missed some good juice by sticking with NLV so long.

By the way, I put in a $300.00 order when I got that email. I messaged PV liquids, saying it was probably time for me to quit vaping anyways. Amy replied it was fine to cancel the order. She refunded what i paid on my credit card.

Now in March, I used up all my NLV juice other than Renegade (yuk, only if I get desperate) and a couple bottles zero nicotine bounty Hunter or Gold. Darn am I sorry I cancelled that order. Sort of. I'm just out of everything and probably too lazy to find anything else.

If anyone wants the Renegade or zero nic stuff, I'll send it to you.

Sandy

Last edited:

sandybeach

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 8, 2011
Chicago
You know that bottle of juice you stashed away that you didn't particularly like?
The one you left the top off? Just in case it by some miracle started tasting good...

Another silver lining :) I found a couple of those old juices that tasted great after sitting open for a year or so.

Although I am still regretting I cancelled that $300 order of NLV juices, I'm happy I got the kick in the .... I needed to move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread