Status
Not open for further replies.

sandybeach

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 8, 2011
Chicago
I can’t believe I didn’t notice this before it was too late! NLV is pretty much the only company that I have used for the entire 5 - 6 year vaping career. Someone gave me a bottle, a carto and an Ego during the first few months I was experimenting around with different disposables and actual Ecigs and that was pretty much it. I’ve have been almost exclusively NLV for the past 5 years and exclusively Twilite for at least the last 4.

Sure….in the beginning I was trying different vendors and flavors. And when NLV was so busy it took weeks to get your order I often had to shop around if I mistimed things. But since PV liquids started distributing and Twilite has been around it’s been the only juice I have used. The only one! And now it’s gone. :(

This will likely seem over dramatic but I know at least a few of my fellow NLV cult members will understand…..I’m completely freaking out! I’m seriously struggling with this!! I have tried no less than 25 different juices from 12 different vendors over the past 3 weeks trying to find something, anything, which comes even remotely close. They’re ALL CRAP!! I mean a few of them are okay for a few hours in a Gold or Renegade Reject kind of way…. but I’m walking around with 3 different tanks and 3 different bottles because I get so sick of them. I haven’t smoked in 4-5 years and I’m so irritable I feel like I quit yesterday!

On top of hating all the juices I’m buying I’ve had to go into vape shops to get a lot of them. In there I have to listen to some jack ... telling me “This is the best tobacco vape on the market.” Or “I need this new mod so I can increase the wattage and these coils so that I can increase the temperature.” Or my personal favorite “Higher VG juices are a sign of higher quality and PG dominant juices have become really unpopular.” Shhhuuuuuuut Uuuuuup!!

Twilite seems like it should be easy to replace. It’s not complicated. It’s not especially robust! It’s not indescribably flavorful or complex! It doesn’t change notes on the exhale or blend separate and distinctive flavors together. Twilite is jut simple and reliable....consistent and balanced. It’s unremarkable and modest…but incredibly satisfying!! It’s just….absolutely perfect!! Even my coils or my old carto’s would last 10 times longer with Twilite than with any other juice!

Every tobacco flavor I get is just.....bad. They’re all either too sweet, or too dry, or too earthy, or too rich, or too weak, or too bitter, or too wet, or too heavy, or just too much…. Tobacco. Other flavors suffer the same fate! Awful! It’s driving me crazy! I keep trying to remind myself that Twilite didn’t knock my socks off or totally WOW me the very first time I tried it. I wasn’t instantly in love with it. I just thought it was nice….satisfying! But I found myself going back to it again and again and again until it was the only juice I would use. The few times that I ran out over the years and had to vape something else for a day or two only served as a strong confirmation of how much better it was when a new order came in.

It’s truly my Goldilocks juice! :( And not being able to get it or anything even remotely comparable is becoming increasingly frustrating by the day!

Sorry for the crazy meltdown.... If anyone (Who Understands) has any advice or recommendations, it would be greatly appreciated.

I totally feel your pain!

Here's one idea. I used to work at a company that did business with a place called Bell Flavors and Fragrances. They made flavors for things like cereals. Fragrances for soap, etc. I always wondered about walking in to one of those places to see if they could duplicate the flavors of juices I like. Then all you would have to do is add the nic.

Everything you said seems like where i started ... a crappy cartomizer, then oooh, state of the art, a dual coil carto, then a carto tank. Sheesh. Don't tell anyone but I still use Vision Vivi Nova tanks. It's gotten really hard to find them, and the wicks too.

reacher999

Feb 13, 2017
Im down to my last Jug of Gold has anyone found anything close to it. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Even finding juices that are not crazy high on the VG is a challenge. I've actually had to change the way I vape just to try and enjoy some of them. None of them are as good as Gold but most companies seem to have some sort of bakery vanilla graham cracker type...thing. Some are somewhat decent...Like a rejected version of something NLV would put out before they got it just right.

Nothing quite like gold but one of the few places I ordered from more then once has been good life vapor. "High five" and "Deadly Sin" are both kinda sorta in that category. Don't get your hopes up to much and you wont be disappointed. If you have been part of the NLV cult for as long as some of us have...Buckle up for a bumpy ride!

Reactions: Gummo316

Sojourner

ECF Veteran
Jan 5, 2010
Elmira Heights, NY
I have finally found a vendor with liquids that please me... Crystal Canyon Vapes. I really like Mystic RY4 and Double Barrel Butterscotch Blend No 5, also Sinister Sweetness and Sinful Desire. They always have sales and they have a large variety. I find it to be quality juice. I was heartbroken when pvliquids closed. I did not want to kiss a lot of juice frogs again. Wish everyone the best in their search.

Reactions: Gummo316

tazzle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 5, 2014
Athens, Greece
I did find a clone recipe for Gold, though I have no idea how close it is. I've never been able to try Nite Lite juices since I couldn't find them in my neck of the woods. I'm sorry I missed out, it sounds like they were great.

Gold by Nite Lite Vapor

7.5% Bavarian Cream (TPA)
5% RY4 Double (TPA)
2.5% Caramel Candy (TPA)
1.1% Butterscotch (FA)
1% French Vanilla (TPA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread