Status
Not open for further replies.

hazozita

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2013
Virginia
Saw that Nitecore is coming out with a VW mod. Not terribly exciting with regard to specs (50w, no TC, but fires down to 0.1 ohm) but it has an interesting look. Not sure yet if I love it or hate it – need to see one up close.

Full specs and more photos are at: PRO BOX Q50 | Nitecore

Nite.PNG

williamclarkonet

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 11, 2014
Iowa United States

LilWhiteClouder

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2015
Raleigh, NC
Saw that Nitecore is coming out with a VW mod. Not terribly exciting with regard to specs (50w, no TC, but fires down to 0.1 ohm) but it has an interesting look. Not sure yet if I love it or hate it – need to see one up close.

Full specs and more photos are at: PRO BOX Q50 | Nitecore

View attachment 560551
Looks.... interesting. No TC isn't a huge turnoff, for me anyway, and I like that they built in a clip for the thing since it looks quite small. 50 watts at .1 of resistance would be a blistering 22.36 amps so that could = "clouds brah". Ergonomic design looks to fit the hand nicely and seems like it could be a fairly discrete device for those who like to vape in the shadows.
My only experience with Nitecore: I've owned two of their chargers, i2 & D2. The i2 crapped out on me in a year but the D2 is still running strong. 50/50 on their quality.
I am interested to see the price point and the dimensions...

anthropolyte

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2016
Bristol, UK
I very much like the look of that. I'm also a little wary of the copper 510 though - it's not just soft, it could cause problems with conductivity as it oxidises. Seems a bit redundant to put copper connectors on a regulated mod regardless, to be honest. A shame.

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
Looks.... interesting. No TC isn't a huge turnoff, for me anyway, and I like that they built in a clip for the thing since it looks quite small. 50 watts at .1 of resistance would be a blistering 22.36 amps so that could = "clouds brah". Ergonomic design looks to fit the hand nicely and seems like it could be a fairly discrete device for those who like to vape in the shadows.
My only experience with Nitecore: I've owned two of their chargers, i2 & D2. The i2 crapped out on me in a year but the D2 is still running strong. 50/50 on their quality.
I am interested to see the price point and the dimensions...
50w is between 13 and 17 amps (assuming 90% chip efficiency), from fully charged battery down to 3.2v. Resistance doesn't determine the amp draw on vw mods, watts and battery charge (lower charge = higher amp draw) do.

Sent from my M7_PLUS using Tapatalk

bsidb

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2012
Leroy,NY
Dear Joseph,

"Thank you for interest in Nitecore's product. I regret to inform you that Q50 has not begun selling yet. however , we will carry out a giveaway activity this month, the participant will have opportunity to get a Q50 for free, please take a look at our facebook for detail informationNitecore Vape" the giveaway is for retailers only, they want a photo of business license, thought id share that before you clicked

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread