Nitecore enters the mod market: Pro Box Q50

Status
Not open for further replies.

lumberjack

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2012
TX, USA
Still waiting for more news on this, but I found a bunch of photos on a Chinese forum.

Jo3vh3Q.jpg

TVC70

ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2011
AZ, USA
Looks like a brass 510. I agree that something seems to get lost in translation between Chinese and English, where no distinction is made between the pure element (copper) and its alloys (various bronzes and brasses). I've also seen Chinese knives advertised as having "copper" hardware on them that turn out to be brass of some type. I hope these babies come out soon. I'll definitely have to pick up a couple as part of my doomsday (or should that be "deemsday") stash. :thumb:

hazozita

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2013
Virginia
Damn... Between the Speed that that dude Talks, and all those Jump Cuts, there Isn't a lot of Dead Air in that Video.

LOL

Yes, that is one fully-caffeinated guy for sure. Hopefully the version he's showing is a beta and Nitecore will address some of those issues before release. As it stands, I don't see much value to it compared with all the other options on the market.

Reactions: zoiDman

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
If I was Nitecore, I would Ditch the Brass 510 Plate and go with a Standard of the Industry SS one.

And the Problem he mentioned about the mod cutting out briefly might be caused by the Change in Resistance when the Coil Heats Up. And then the Mod seeing what it thinks is a "New" Atomizer.

I just received a nitecore light today along with 2 x 18650 nitcore batteries (NL186 2600mah)
Comparing these batts to my other 18650's, they are definitely larger than standard size.
I noticed this right off and checked to make sure they were 18650's.
They are 3/16" taller than all of my other 18650 batts and a 1/16" wider.

Just something I noticed about these batts. and it appears it's because of the protected circuit.

Last edited:

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
Lol.
I wouldnt worry aboit the 510.
There are thousands of Brass and copper mechanicals that never have an issue with 510 threads.
In fact, the most popular mechanicals are brass and copper.
;)
Where are a these stripped 510s?
A: you have to be seriously rough on your device to strip the 510. Rough use+regulated mod=alot more problems than copper threads.

duc916

ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2012
Nor Cal
you have to be seriously rough on your device to strip the 510. Rough use+regulated mod=alot more problems than copper threads.
Yup, if you strip a brass 510 (or even copper for that matter), it's user error, and you can go ahead and punch yourself for overestimating your hand-eye coordination. My pure copper SMPL is still waiting for me to strip its 510 thread... hasn't happened yet. Then again we're mech-heads, therefore mechanically-inclined.

Chemical Bromance

Like a Ninja!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2016
Fantasy Island
O.M.G.

Insomnia keeping me up and stumbled on this thread.

I'm a Nitecore fan. Have a number of their flashlights, all very very well made, and their I2 charger. Got the first generation one and after almost 3 years it's still fantastic. Also have a bunch of their batteries.

And now they're making a mod. Veeeeery interesting. If they've applied any of their flashlight treatments to the body and clip, this should be a really tough and long lasting piece of kit. The clips on their lights have a titanium coating (according to the marketing spiel) and I can attest to their anodizing on the aluminum bodies.

But looking at the pic, the clip is opposite the firing button... That might make it a slightly uncomfortable grip.

And yes, their batteries have a protection circuit under the button on the positive end, making the 18650 slightly taller; I can't use their batts in my Asmodus Minikin, and from what I can tell, can't be used in other mods requiring a 18650.

Theyre not a small company and they already have a v sizeable flashlights business. If they apply the same business model to mods, we should expect a lot of different variants from them. Their lights for instance run the gamut from tiny keyring lights to monster handheld search lights that run off up to 8 x 18650.

OK... Apologies for the fan of rave... I can't wait to try this baby out...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread