Nitecore I4 charger Battery Slides

Status
Not open for further replies.

EBates

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 4, 2013
Texas
A while back I got a new I4 battery charger. I was not very happy with it because the battery contact slides would jam while installing an 18650 battery. To correct this issue I dipped a qtip into a jar of vaseline (very small amount is all that is required) and wiped the slide area. The battery slides have worked fine ever since.

mamabear15

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2015
USA
I was so frustrated with my Nitecore - both the i2 I purchased and the d2 that a friend gave me as a present - both had literally torn a few tiny, tiny rips in a few of my batteries' wrappers. I covered the spots with PVC electrical tape of course but was sick of it happening, so I upgraded to an EFest Luc...only to find those slides stuck, too. No more rips, but they'd stick so bad I had to re-bend the times back into shape. Can't believe I didn't think of this trick before, cuz now all my chargers work beautifully - always nice to have a spare, eh? :) or two or ten...lol...luckily I have 2 family members who use mechs so now that they all WORK, I will have to pay some forward :)

Reactions: EBates
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread