Status
Not open for further replies.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
I think my stockpiling actually started Dec of 2013, I stated by getting nicotine, I have enough in my freezer for myself, for about 20 years. Last year I was starting to buy larger bottles of flavoring. Threw the years I have also tried to get Provari's, Reo's, and Rev3 Billet Box's, also a bunch of different tanks and atomizers. I read all the warnings and reports in 2013, about the FDA getting involved, which scared the :censored: out of me. So I have had a few years to prepare. I still want a few more things, but most every thing is on hold.

KAS

I do envy those with more foresight such as yourself. :)

Last edited:

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA
I do envy those with more foresight such as yourself. :)

Well to be honest, I wish I would have bought more Provari Radius's I just did not believe that they would close. I thought I would have more time, the flavorings could have been more Provari's. :(

KAS

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I have seen several posts about doing something like that, I really don't want one that bad.:|

KAS

Me neither. I have all the components to build one using a computer fan, a high watt linear potentiometer, and Neodymium magnets. I may even have a project box in my electronics stash box.

I shake my juices once or twice daily and create tiny bubbles. If I wanted quick steeping I'd get the ultrasonic cleaner out of the closet and use that. I can wait! I always have 20 or more bottles of steeped DIY juice around, some full and some partially used.

Last edited:

dereck

ECF Veteran
Oct 1, 2009
119 is the msrp, I got the email. not a bad buy. the ones on ebay or amazon can be hit or miss. I heard about this about a week ago from a friend and I was disappointed that I had just ordered the one on amazon that has heat but no adjustment, heat is either off or on. I don't like that because temps get hot enough to boil water or even hotter. My stirrer arrived, the magnet was off it's axle so yay I got to return it. I already have a few different ones I been using so I can wait until these hit the market.

Reactions: Opinionated

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
They didn't answer all of my questions, so I think this is the stock answer they are giving, but here is the email reply i got from nitecore:

Dear Customer,

First of all, thank you very much for contacting us with the interest and questions regarding the just-launched Nitecore new liquid magnetic stirrer NFF01.

I'm here to inform dear all of you, as schedule we will start to ship NFF01 out in next week. After transit, we sincerely hope to start globally selling NFF01 in last week of May.

Suggested retail price of NFF01 is $119.95 per unit.

Here we customer service team guarantee, we will keep following dear your inquiry, updating you with tracking status of NFF01 weekly and giving the purchase instruction. Make sure you can have the NFF01 as early as possible!

Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions.

Thank you!

Best regards,
顺祝商祺!

numsquat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2015
They didn't answer all of my questions, so I think this is the stock answer they are giving, but here is the email reply i got from nitecore:

Dear Customer,

First of all, thank you very much for contacting us with the interest and questions regarding the just-launched Nitecore new liquid magnetic stirrer NFF01.

I'm here to inform dear all of you, as schedule we will start to ship NFF01 out in next week. After transit, we sincerely hope to start globally selling NFF01 in last week of May.

Suggested retail price of NFF01 is $119.95 per unit.

Here we customer service team guarantee, we will keep following dear your inquiry, updating you with tracking status of NFF01 weekly and giving the purchase instruction. Make sure you can have the NFF01 as early as possible!

Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions.

Thank you!

Best regards,
顺祝商祺!

I got the same email and none of my questions answered.

I have 2 stir plates already but none heated. Next batch of DIY I will give one a go though, maybe preheat the juice bottle in some warm water first to warm the ejuice up just a little.

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2013
BC Canada
Me neither. I have all the components to build one using a computer fan, a high watt potentiometer, and Neodymium magnets. I may even have a project box in my electronics stash box.

Thats what my mixer is. A project box, computer fan that I removed the blades so it spins faster with no resistance and hardrive magnets. I made it 2 years ago and still running good. I didn't use a potientiometer but got a used fan controller from the comp shop for a couple bucks. Bought a cheap LED volt meter from FT to give me a speed reading in volts and some little 12V LED lights to light up the mix so I can watch it spin without using a flashlight, with no fan blades the lights are directly under the container. Even with the bell and whistle my mixer cost me bout 10 bucks since I had most of the parts already. I only mix for personal use, anywhere from 100 to 200ml batches with a 20mm stirbar

Mixer_1.jpg

numsquat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2015
Thats what my mixer is. A project box, computer fan that I removed the blades so it spins faster with no resistance and hardrive magnets. I made it 2 years ago and still running good. I didn't use a potientiometer but got a used fan controller from the comp shop for a couple bucks. Bought a cheap LED volt meter from FT to give me a speed reading in volts and some little 12V LED lights to light up the mix so I can watch it spin without using a flashlight, with no fan blades the lights are directly under the container. Even with the bell and whistle my mixer cost me bout 10 bucks since I had most of the parts already. I only mix for personal use, anywhere from 100 to 200ml batches with a 20mm stirbar

Mixer_1.jpg
Pretty cool :)

I know several homebrew club members who made their own, was never that motivated myself (though I've made many keggerators) plus I got my stir plates cheap from ex-homebrwers.

If you search any of the big homebrewing forums you will find plenty of instruction on building your own.

numsquat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2015
It appears to be on pre-order for now. Here is a place in the US

Nitecore NFF01 Magnetic Stirrer / Hotplate (PREORDER)

Got that email too. Won't work for homebrewing (at least for me), temp control is too wide (10F swing is a bunch for me, get less with ambient air temp) and need 2000ml capacity for 10 gal batches, though would work well for 1000ml/5 gal batches. Will still try with my own stir plates, brewing Sunday and will do as I described earlier with a blend (versus a total DIY) just to see what happens.

$100 for a stir plate isn't a bad price though.

Reactions: Alter

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2013
BC Canada
Got that email too. Won't work for homebrewing (at least for me), temp control is too wide (10F swing is a bunch for me, get less with ambient air temp) and need 2000ml capacity for 10 gal batches, though would work well for 1000ml/5 gal batches. Will still try with my own stir plates, brewing Sunday and will do as I described earlier with a blend (versus a total DIY) just to see what happens.

$100 for a stir plate isn't a bad price though.

My hardrive magnet stirrer works best with a 20mm stirbar and smaller. I did buy some 25mm and they are much bigger than the 20's and get thrown once it picks up the speed. I could mix somewhat larger batches and use the 25mm bar with the right container and a heavier magnet but I will loose some RPM spinning a bigger magnet. There is no need for a vortex, that just adds a lot of unneeded air into the mix, I use the light to set the speed by watching the mix move. Shorter fat round glass jars work much better that taller jars. I got some taller straight jars that hold the same 100mls but the top inch doesn't move so I don't use them. Like I said in my other post that I just mix enough for personal use and building a 100ml mix of just a couple ingredients only takes a few minutes to put together so my little mixer does the job I require it to. :)

Reactions: numsquat

numsquat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2015
My hardrive magnet stirrer works best with a 20mm stirbar and smaller. I did buy some 25mm and they are much bigger than the 20's and get thrown once it picks up the speed. I could mix somewhat larger batches and use the 25mm bar with the right container and a heavier magnet but I will loose some RPM spinning a bigger magnet. There is no need for a vortex, that just adds a lot of unneeded air into the mix, I use the light to set the speed by watching the mix move. Shorter fat round glass jars work much better that taller jars. I got some taller straight jars that hold the same 100mls but the top inch doesn't move so I don't use them. Like I said in my other post that I just mix enough for personal use and building a 100ml mix of just a couple ingredients only takes a few minutes to put together so my little mixer does the job I require it to. :)

I look at this purchase as a dual use so I'm a little more critical than if it was just for ejuice. For building a yeast starter for homebrewing I want a vortex and the oxygen, probably don't want/need it for ejuice (though I'm not as educated on the ejuice side as the homebrewing).

I brew 10 gal batches, use a 2000ml flask for yeast starters, though sometimes split the batch into 5 gal and use 2 different yeast using 1000ml flask. Have to check my supplies to see if I have any straight jars. Also have a variety of stir bars.

Mary Lynn Z

Dec 6, 2016
I have been using an ultrasonic cleaner to do my mixing and I am happy with the results, but seeing that some of you have made your own stir plates arouses my DIY curiosity. I have 2 questions if someone could tell me:

1. the ultrasonic cleaner introduces tiny bubbles to help get air into the mix and blend the flavors/ pg/ vg. (At least that is my theory on how the mixing helps the steeping process, I could be wrong on this.) From the images I have seen, the stir plate seems to be causing the mixture to whirl around, but how does this actually blend the pg/vg. For example, my kitchen blender is square shaped and has ribs on the inside of the container so that the mixture inside folds in on itself when the blender is on, which creates a great blending action. But how does a stir plate, with fluid just going in a circle, actually MIX the contents?

2. If you use a computer fan and the project boxes I am seeing used, do not have venting, what happens with the blades spinning in an enclosed box?

Thanks.

Last edited:

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2013
BC Canada
I have been using an ultrasonic cleaner to do my mixing and I am happy with the results, but seeing that some of you have made your own stir plates arouses my DIY curiosity. I have 2 questions if someone could tell me:

1. the ultrasonic cleaner introduces tiny bubbles to help get air into the mix and blend the flavors/ pg/ vg. (At least that is my theory on how the mixing helps the steeping process, I could be wrong on this.) From the images I have seen, the stir plate seems to be causing the mixture to whirl around, but how does this actually blend the pg/vg. For example, my kitchen blender is square shaped and has ribs on the inside of the container so that the mixture inside folds in on itself when the blender is on, which creates a great blending action. But how does a stir plate, with fluid just going in a circle, actually MIX the contents?

2. If you use a computer fan and the project boxes I am seeing used, do not have venting, what happens with the blades spinning in an enclosed box?

Thanks.

I am to assume the spinning stirbar mixes the ingredients together. It moves the mix to the side then up and the center comes down to be mixed. I tried to find what its called but didn't. If you add too much air to the mix, some flavors may diminish and it speeds up the oxidation of the nicotine so I add the nic the next day after the bubbles have subsided and avoid adding excess air by mixing too fast creating a vortex. The only time I can create a vortex is by having a small mix in too big of a container or just mixing water.
The fan blades cause a lot of resistance inside the enclosed box and slowed down the speed. I just removed the fan blades and it spins somewhat faster since there is now no resistance. Score the edge of the blade on both sides then they snap off quite easily.

Reactions: Mary Lynn Z

numsquat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2015
I am to assume the spinning stirbar mixes the ingredients together. It moves the mix to the side then up and the center comes down to be mixed. I tried to find what its called but didn't. If you add too much air to the mix, some flavors may diminish and it speeds up the oxidation of the nicotine so I add the nic the next day after the bubbles have subsided and avoid adding excess air by mixing too fast creating a vortex. The only time I can create a vortex is by having a small mix in too big of a container or just mixing water.

You will get fluid movement you described even without a visible vortex, just slower. When making a yeast starter the mixing is very visible no matter what the level of the vortex is. With a yeast starter you want the oxygen so you create the largest vortex you can. I could see with ejuice having a closed container and adding another gas (argon, CO2) to get rid of as much oxygen before mixing with the lid on. Should be able to do a nice vortex that way too.

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2013
BC Canada
You will get fluid movement you described even without a visible vortex, just slower.

There is absolutely no need for a vortex to mix juice, I don't know about yeast starter if its required or not. The viscosity of the pg/vg is too thick. I build 60/40 and have my desk in the basement so it gets cool in the winter almost enough to have to warm up the VG some to get it to mix faster but once the fluid begins to start moving you can turn up the speed some or it just throws the bar setting the speed too fast to start.
I scale the flavors and PG first then mix for several minutes, add the VG then mix for a hour or so, fast enough that all the liquid is moving and the next day add the nic then blend them slow enough not to add air. The only juices that I've had darken excessively are the commercial juices that I speed steeped in hot water, probably too hot of water when I first started vaping and didn't know any better. I have never hot water steeped any juice since that incident, now got enough backstock that steeping a tobac juice for a month or two is not issue for me.

Reactions: Mary Lynn Z
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread