NJOY Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oliver

ECF Founder, formerly SmokeyJoe
Admin
Verified Member
UPDATE: Thanks to forum member Marian00, Njoy have given us a 20% discount coupon to give out to this site's readers. The code is "Smokey" (case sensitive) and you type it into the coupon code box when checking out.

UPDATE 2 Njoy International have given us a discount code for anyone living outside the United States. Simply fill out the contact form at their site and put the code "uko1kw" and your order into the comments box - njoy will then invoice you with a link to their secure processing system.

E-Smoking just gets better and better!

INTRODUCTION

After weeks of equivocating (and saving) I finally thought "what the heck" and put an order in for an NJOY. I have been perfectly happy with my Sedansa and thought buying an njoy would just be a bit of a pointless excersise, but I had a bit of spare cash and thought I would indulge myself.

It arrived this morning and I am extremely impressed.

I bought the standard cigarette pack (in white) and a pack of medium cartridges.

In the box was:

• the atomizer and two batteries.
  • charger (US plug type).
  • 4 Cartridges - 1 High, 1 medium, 1 light and 1 zero.
  • Instruction booklet.
  • Warranty postcard.
  • Explanatory "business card" (see photos).

FIRST IMPRESSIONS

I got it set up straight out of the box and started puffing. The interesting thing is that the draw is slightly heavier - that is you have to puff ever so slightly harder than the Sedansa - but the result is amazing. Huge clouds of vapor pour out - just as if you smoked a cigarette.

The taste is superb. They have absolutely nailed the perfect flavor for e-cigarettes, in my opinion - it is slightly sweet on the tongue, with a hint of tobacco - but not so much that you really taste it.

The sensation is excellent, you feel it in your throat and lungs and the exhalation is really satisfying with clouds of vapor billowing out. It really is like smoking! Maybe it was because of my amazement at the quantity of smoke, but I really felt as though I was getting a bigger nicotine hit than the other e-cigs I have tried.

QUALITY

I'm sorry that my photos don't show the product in as great detail as I would like because the NJOY is definitely top notch. I will try to explain:

On first glance you'd think that it was the same make as Sedansa, but further examination shows some key differences-

• The glaze on the atomizer has a quality "ceramic" type gloss and feel to it.
  • The atomizing chamber has a slight curve it, with the diameter in the middle slightly larger than at either end - I don't know if this is decorative or if it aids the vapor production - but it is deliberate and it is quality.
  • The battery has a matte, paper-like look and feel, with decorative bands down the length that replicate cigarette paper.
  • The plastic mouthpieces and cartridges are manufactured to an even higher standard.
  • The LED indicator lights up gradually in the same way that an ember on a cigarette does when you take a puff.
  • The smoke continues to billow, and doesn't lessen over time or randomly dip as it does with other products.
  • The heat generated by the atomizer is minimal and in comparison to other products, barely noticeable.
  • The connecting threads are engineered to a higher standard, with corresponding serial numbers (SYA801030 and SYB801030) stamped into them. This is a pretty good indicator of proper quality control and monitering that has been lacking in the other brands I have tried.

Ok, well they are my first observations anyway - we are clearly dealing with a top quality product here. I wonder if it is made by Ruyan?

The amazing thing it is so much cheaper than other, lower quality products. I don't know how they do it - I guess their business model is different, sell higher numbers at a cheaper price, I guess.

Warranty

From what I can see, NJOY and Sedansa are the only company that offer a full 30-day money back guarantee and full warranty. Now if you think about it, you'd expect that from anyone selling quality electrical goods wouldn't you? But there you go, they are the only ones.

SHIPPING

Unfortunately, outside of North America the shipping charges have been too high to make purchasing an NJOY a viable prospect for most.

However, NJOY have now set up NJOY International, with customs cleared shipping to the whole of the EU. I am informed that their site will go live shortly, so you can get hold of them without the additional cost. I will post as soon as I have heard.

CONCLUSION

I have to say that NJOY is my new recommendation. In all honesty it is a superior product to the others I have tried, and it really excites me again as to the sheer life-saving impact this technology is going to have across the globe.

If you haven't yet bought an electronic cigarette, get one TODAY! You won't believe the difference it can make to your life.

UPDATE

Just a couple of extra points now I have had my Njoy for a week.

1. The battery life is superb - I would say about twice that of any others I have tried. It also seems to charge more quickly, but I haven't had time to test this.

2. I think the materials coating the Njoy must be different from the others - I still haven't developed any scratches despite my slightly careless handling!

3. I tried drip-vaping (I don't advise this - warranty issues!) the Njoy and my goodness do you get a lot of vapor. Too much, in fact, considering the quantity of nicotine in the solution. It did make me think, however, that whoever develops the next model might want to consider a system whereby a much weaker solution is delivered in a greater quantity to the vaporizer.

PHOTOS

njoy1.jpg
The outer packaging.
njoy2.jpg
My Njoy (white option).
njoy3.jpg
Inside the box.
njoy6.jpg
Charger and Lead.
njoy4.jpg
A medium cartridge - note the sealed packet.
njoy7.jpg
The 'business card'
njoy5.jpg
Nice touch!

marian00

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2008
California USA
www.vaporcig.com
Hi Smokey Joe:

Thank you for yet another great review. As an Njoy and Sedansa vapor, I must say that you are right on the money in your analysis of the Njoy e-cigarette. I absolutely love it, and the customer service is outstanding. I even got a telephone call from Mark, advising me that he didn't think I needed one of the things on my order and asked me if I'd like him
to remove it.

Anyway, I too love my Njoy. I am fortunate that I have an Njoy supplier 30 miles from my home, so I can get my accessories, reorders within a day or two of my order.

My sister is giving me $20 per day every day I smoke less than 5 real cigarettes per day over the next 6 months. This is going to be easy for me with my Njoy and Sedansa. I've smoked 10 cigarettes in 14 days, and that's only because I forgot to charge my batteries and/or left home without my e-cigarettes and fresh batteires! With this money, it will more than pay for all of the different e-cigarettes I've purchased in search of the best, most suitable ones for my my needs: Sedansa and Njoy are the winners.

Marian

Oliver

Admin
Verified Member
Hi guys,

Sorry for the delay...

Bonzo - I have lent my Sedansa to a friend for the week so I cannot tell you for sure whether or not thy are compatible, but the Njoy cartridge is a little longer than the Sedansa so I would err on the side of caution. In fact, I think e-cig cartridges would be a better fit.

Markab - The smoke volume is similar, slightly greater with th Njoy, which is a smoother, more satisfying hit. I still can't work out if this is psychological or not, but I really do think that I get a better "fix" with the Njoy.

Oliver

Admin
Verified Member
Yeah, they have the same thread. I can't say how performance is affected though, but make sure you read up on the warranty - you may invalidate it by swapping batteries around.

By the way, I wanted to add that the battery longevity on the Njoy is superb. Probably twice that of the others I have tried; I can now take one charged battery out with me and puff on it all day long.

dnakr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2008
Virginia, USA
Based on your reviews, I just ordered 2 NJOYs. Hope I like it as well as I like my Janty. By the way, if anyone is interested, e-cig.com no longer has warranties on thier batteries. I ordered two more e-cigs from them a couple of weeks ago and two of the four batteries did not work. They told me they no longer warranty the batteries.

travis

Mar 10, 2008
Detroit, MI - USA
Thanks for your detailed review, and pictures. I have been considering which brand to choose for my first e-cigarette, and was leaning towards Njoy simply because they are the only US supplier I know of, and I didn't want to deal with the higher cost of shipping from overseas. Sedansa seemed like it had the best reviews for overall quality - but after reading your review of the Njoy, it sounds like it has an equally high standard of quality. I also like the fact that they will ship replacement cartridges anywhere in the States free of charge. I'm going to order one today - and will check back to post a review of my own once I receive it.

dakinbake

Mar 14, 2008
I came across this "e-cigarette-thing" last week, and after reading this review I decided to order an Njoy.
I just got it from UPS yesterday. Here are my thoughts:

-this thing is huge, it's like a ball point pen but bigger. It's not that similar in shape to a cigarette, and doesn't really feel like one.

-I feel like I have to suck harder then I do on a cigarette to get the light to turn on.

-The taste kind of reminds me of eclipse cigarettes, but without the charcoal aftertaste.

-It produces plenty of vapor/smoke, in fact almost too much. It feels like it burns my throat more then a cigarette, but that could be mental

-The buzz off of the Njoy is amazing, I've only used the medium cartridge and I have to say that after about 10 puffs I'm lifted.

-It's incredibly convenient to sit and play xbox and then take a puff of the Njoy, and set it back down without worrying about it burning out or anything

Am I 100% sold on it? Not yet, but this thing may grow on me. I can definitely tell it's a quality product and anything to keep me from smoking and coughing and spitting up stuff is good. Plus I'd like to go running again ;)

windblown

ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2008
USA
I just used the coupon code to order a Njoy cigarette, however, it is only good for 10%, instead of 20%. Still, it was very nice to get $10.95 off of the price. I talked with Mark at Njoy and he was very friendly and helpful. This will be my second e-cigarette, and I am anxious to see how it compares to the inexpensive one that I ordered on ebay.

daedalusx360

Mar 26, 2008
I just went to the njoy website a couple hours ago and bought the starter kit, plus some replacement cartridges. I appreciate very much the coupon you guys posted, and saved 14 bucks. I hope I like it. I went with high cartridges, regular flavored. After I decide whether or not I like vaping I'll try some of the flavored carts. Smokey Joe, had any problems with yours yet?

djinni

Mar 23, 2008
Thanks to Smokey Joe and the coupon code i just received my Njoy in the mail today. It doesn't seem to give me that same burn I like to feel in the back of my throat as my regular Camel Filters do. The taste kind of reminds me of smoke machine vapor that they have in dance clubs. It's not awful and I am slowly getting more used to the taste. It has helped curb my cravings of regular cigarettes as I usually go through a pack a day..since I have been using the Njoy I've only smoked 5 Camels today. I could actually see giving up the Camels after a short while. The e-cigarette experience does take getting used to, but I'm getting the hang of it and enjoy it. The best part is I know I am not bothering my roommates with 2nd hand smoke and it is much healthier to myself.

Oliver

Admin
Verified Member
Great, glad to hear it is helping. I think it probably does take a bit of time to get used to if you are coming straight from cigarettes to the e-cigarette, I was already on lozenges when I started so am not really in a place to say either way.

As to the smoke machine vapor comparison - it is the same substance entirely! Propylene glycol is the ingredient that produces the vapor and carries the nicotine/flavorings.

I read somewhere that there are other compounds used to produce the "vapor" in smoke machines, propylene glycol being the commonest simply because it is the cheapest. This makes me wonder if there could be nicotine solutions made up that produced an even denser vapor using other glycols?

Would be great if we could find someone qualified to answer this. I shall make a separate post.....

SJ

Carlito1974

Mar 26, 2008
First Impressions:
Got my NJoy today and snuck a few hits for good measures. The first thing I noticed was I can barely tolerate the vapors in my lungs, even small hits make me cough. I hope this is temporary, as is the case with smoking real cigarettes. I didn't notice any nicotine hit despite using a high cartridge. Only time will tell I guess.

So now we come to it. On average, how long did it take you folks to get used to the inhalation? I really want this to be a great experience. Thanks.

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
There was a topic here about coughing after inhaling e-vapor. Count me among the "sometimes coughers." I don't think my cough is temporary either. If it's the propylene glycol that is causing the cough, that is likely to be a permanent consequence of e-smoking for me, at least.

As one poster noted, not everyone is irritated by the vapor. Why are some irritated? My personal theory: Long-time cigarette smokers have lungs that are more sensitive to irritants than non-smokers or short-term smokers. Once, I foolishly thought smoking somehow "toughened" lungs. Wrong, stupid young TropicalBob. Smoking weakens lungs and leads to COPD and emphysema.

Here's my confession. I smoked 30 cigarettes a day for 50 years. I quit last year. I use snus, nasal snuff, real pipes and Stonewall hard snuff bits to stay off cigarettes, along with my three e-smoking devices. I've stayed off. And the cough from e-smoking is rare, fortunately, usually occuring with the first puff. Then I'm fine. I long ago lost the little cigarette cough I had. For that, I'm thankful.

Sensitive lungs? Just a theory, mind you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread