NJOY Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

windblown

ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2008
USA
I don't know about the Crown 7 cartridges, but I do know that the Ruyan cartridges and njoy cartridges are interchangeable. My guess is that the Crown 7 cartridges are just a tad shorter than the njoy cartridges, so they may not make a good contact with the atomizer.

As for bidding on ebay, you can do it a couple of ways. You can put in a bid for the maximum you are willing to pay and ebay will increase your bid up to that amount whenever someone else bids. You could also just put in a bid for the $19.95 and then keep watching to see if someone else bids over you, and then put in a higher bid. Many people don't bid until the last minute, so you have to be on your toes.

You may want to go ahead and open accounts at both ebay and paypal, if you haven't done this already.

Also, the seller you are dealing with is a very nice lady. If you have any problems, just send her an email and I'm sure she will try to help you out. It's not a bad idea to contact her and let her know that you are new at this. Happy Bidding! :lol:

NerdyCinderella

ECF Veteran
May 14, 2008
Gotham City
Well, Windblown your instructions were helpful for my first ebay experience. I didn't win on the liquid - lost by 50 cents. I saw afterwards that there is a procedure to allow eBay to up your bid behind the scenes - next time I guess.

I did bid on another item - e-cig (2 cigs) w/20 cartridges for $35 and a $14 shipping and won that one. I was eager to have one of the more cigarette-looking ones.

Also I emailed the seller as you suggested and am in the process of seeing if I can purchase some other e-liquid.

Also Anyone,
Can you remind me how many hours in between use that I suppose to charge the battery on a NJoy? I did the initial 8 hr charge but think I'm not suppose to charge that many hours for subsequent charges.

Thank you.

mindtrick

ECF Veteran
May 16, 2008
Well it would seem I'm beginning to share the woes of several other forum users here in that my NJOY has been giving me the finger. The first day out of the box it was working dandy, then performance decreased rapidly over the weekend to the point where the device is about as good as a paper weight.

I can't seem to properly identify where my problem lies - as there is no constant. I charged both of my batteries for the recommended 8 hour charge. My unit obviously has the ability to produce good vapor, but I'm now spending about 80% of the time trying to get the thing to produce any vapor at all - which is helping burn through e-liquid and cartridges like a madman.

I don't think I share the "shallow head atomizer" issue as gently extending the core past the edge of the cartridge and inserting it into the unit always pushes the core back into place - which I'm assuming means that good contact is being made.

I finally got it to a point where both of my batteries gave me the long flashing "charge me" LED indication last night, but the 2 batteries seem to perform very differently to one another, neither of which feels right. Both batteries have no problem producing the flow sensor "it's working" light - yet one of my batteries has audible airflow through it and one does not. I don't know which ones performing correctly in that sense. I'm under the impression that my issue is a power issue unless the contact on my atomizer may be crooked.

Also I'm not sure if this is the trend with the units but if I screw my battery on nice and tight - the unit doesn't do anything besides occasionally get a hot atomizer. The only way to get it to work is if I only tighten the battery just enough to make the contacts touch which not only only leaves the battery loose enough to wobble, but creates a gap by which more air is taken in through the connection between the battery and the atomizer. So in order to get it working I'm basically having to hold it in my mouth and slowly start twisting the battery in millimeter increments until I see vapor. It feels like I'm shorting it out in able to make it do what I want. Because of this abnormality in the contacts I'm having a hard time judging whether or not to screw the battery into the charger firmly, or just enough to make contact similar to connected operation. This also means that there's a possibility that my charger may have gone .... up as well.

All in all I'm very hopeful to resolve my issues as I've had to go and purchase more product from big tobacco, and I'm at a point where I'd prefer to smoke the e-cig. I left a message with someone in customer service at NJOY and am waiting to hear back regarding a solution. I'm just worried about doing this whole "waiting for individual parts" song and dance back and forth till I get the ease of use that I payed a fair chunk of money for. Hopefully my unit springs back to life like it has for most people on here after having new parts sent out ( ironically.) But I'm only fairly optimistic I'll be able to use it at all till a fix arrives.

Sorry for posting a novel. :D

Rich

mindtrick

ECF Veteran
May 16, 2008
Well I got a call back from Mark @ NJOY and it looks as though after listening to my issues he wasn't sure if it was the battery or the atomizer so he's sending me one of each. He seemed like a nice enough guy and we had a laugh about how much I already knew about the product after having it such a short time (mostly thanks to this forum :) )

He said he'd be sending the parts out today and wished me luck. He also gave me a tip about a possible loose solder connection inside the atomizer where the battery connects - he noted a good downward shake can temporarily rectify the problem...no luck for me as of yet. Here's hoping for the best. Should things not work out I may be tempted to give NJOY's e-cigar a shot.

Rich

Evil Santa

May 19, 2008
I ordered an Njoy last night, and i've spent a bit of time today watching my order status, like an e-cig fiend. I was wondering what kind of turn-around time you guys have had when dealing with Njoy. I was hoping to have the device within a few days, (chose 2nd day shipping)so that i can make the switch and start getting my lungs healthy.

I am a little concerned with the whole patent thing, and i was wondering if anyone might have heard that shippments are on-hold or delayed due to this.

Meltrex

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2008
Arizona USA
www.MyEcig.com
mindtrick said:
Well I got a call back from Mark @ NJOY and it looks as though after listening to my issues he wasn't sure if it was the battery or the atomizer so he's sending me one of each. He seemed like a nice enough guy and we had a laugh about how much I already knew about the product after having it such a short time (mostly thanks to this forum :) )

He said he'd be sending the parts out today and wished me luck. He also gave me a tip about a possible loose solder connection inside the atomizer where the battery connects - he noted a good downward shake can temporarily rectify the problem...no luck for me as of yet. Here's hoping for the best. Should things not work out I may be tempted to give NJOY's e-cigar a shot.

Rich

mindtrick said:
I finally got it to a point where both of my batteries gave me the long flashing "charge me" LED indication last night, but the 2 batteries seem to perform very differently to one another, neither of which feels right. Both batteries have no problem producing the flow sensor "it's working" light - yet one of my batteries has audible airflow through it and one does not. I don't know which ones performing correctly in that sense. I'm under the impression that my issue is a power issue unless the contact on my atomizer may be crooked.

I'm wondering if you should have had Njoy send you a new charger as well. You should get at least 3-4 hours of continuous vaping from a single charge(from my experience). FYI, if your atomizing tube feels really warm, stop using it. Let it cool off for a minute or two before continuing. I also wish you luck. I've had many E-frustrations as well.

mindtrick

ECF Veteran
May 16, 2008
Well I can't say I'm pleased about waiting for a "possible fix" in the mail, but I couldn't resist the temptation of purchasing a back-up unit - so I went ahead and treated myself to one of the Dealextreme e-cigars. Shining reviews from several people I've talked to and one hell of a bang for the buck (25 bucks shipped! HELLO!), even if I only use the thing for dripping or e-liquid cores. I've heard good things about vapor volume on them and I think it'll be a hit at the club I go to. At least this way I'll have something to puff on (borrow any unforeseen circumstances) while my NJOY gets working again piece by piece.

If it turns out not being any of the sent items that's faulty I'll most likely try and get them to send me a new (and preferably tested) kit. My money is on the atomizer though - or more specifically the electrical connection from the battery to the atomizer. It's hard to know which one of two differently behaving batteries could be bad when the atomizer might be the issue. The battery they're sending should quell the possibility of a bad charger during initial testing.

E-Time will E-tell. ;)

E-Rich

shogun

ECF Veteran
Apr 11, 2008
Iceland
Hi, I finally got my Njoy (cigar style) yesterday after having a lot of problem with the customs.

First impression:
After vaping a lot yesterday and today I must say I am REALLY happy. I love this stuff. The Njoy is NOTHING like the mini cig I have owned for a few weeks now. Unlike my mini cig I get a lot of vapor every time, the taste is in my opinion very good (I think I prefer it to real smoking!) and the over all feel is much better than I dared to hope. So after two days of use I am a happy camper.

For thous of you who have just tried mini cig I MUST STRESS that it is very, very different from Njoy.

Maybe I will post a longer review after few days.

Solarist

May 15, 2008
I recently bought an NJoy and received it about a week ago. Thus far, it has drastically allowed me to decrease my reliance on traditional cig's - down to perhaps 6-8 a day from around 30.

One issue I am having, however, is I am going through a cartridge a day however I am pretty certain I am not smoking 48 cigs a day equivalent between the real and the NJoy. What are other people experiencing in terms of the durability of the NJoy cartridges?

I ordered some e-liquids to be able to tap off the carts from e-cig, however I am not sure what month they will be delivered in. ;) I am hoping this will increase the use of the carts, because at my current usage rate, I am probably looking to spend three times the $$ as I did smoking real cigs (I rolled my own, hence a carton of cigs was ~$10 at most).

Does anyone have any other suggestions on how to increase the usage of the cartridges besides topping them off with e-liquid? From my understanding, the NJoy ones are a bit longer, hence would imply they should come closer to the 2 pack quote they provide. Has anyone approached NJoy about the issue that they don't last as long as advertised?

Overall, though, I am thrilled with the actual use of the NJoy, especially with a new Cartridge installed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread