NJOY Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evil Santa

May 19, 2008
Solarist said:
I recently bought an njoy and received it about a week ago. Thus far, it has drastically allowed me to decrease my reliance on traditional cig's - down to perhaps 6-8 a day from around 30.

One issue I am having, however, is I am going through a cartridge a day however I am pretty certain I am not smoking 48 cigs a day equivalent between the real and the NJoy. What are other people experiencing in terms of the durability of the NJoy cartridges?

I ordered some e-liquids to be able to tap off the carts from e-cig, however I am not sure what month they will be delivered in. ;) I am hoping this will increase the use of the carts, because at my current usage rate, I am probably looking to spend three times the $$ as I did smoking real cigs (I rolled my own, hence a carton of cigs was ~$10 at most).

Does anyone have any other suggestions on how to increase the usage of the cartridges besides topping them off with e-liquid? From my understanding, the NJoy ones are a bit longer, hence would imply they should come closer to the 2 pack quote they provide. Has anyone approached NJoy about the issue that they don't last as long as advertised?

Overall, though, I am thrilled with the actual use of the NJoy, especially with a new Cartridge installed.

Solarsist, thank you for the review. I share your concerns about use, and the overall cost of using an Njoy. In doing some research on here, it looks like squeezing the wadding out with a syringe can prolong the use of your cartridges. Smokey Joe posted a guide on how to do this in the tips and tricks section.

Edit: My Njoy is here! It's charging now and i'm dying to try it. Think i could get a puff or two out of the batteries?

NerdyCinderella

ECF Veteran
May 14, 2008
Gotham City
Solarist said:
I recently bought an NJoy and received it about a week ago. Thus far, it has drastically allowed me to decrease my reliance on traditional cig's - down to perhaps 6-8 a day from around 30.

One issue I am having, however, is I am going through a cartridge a day however I am pretty certain I am not smoking 48 cigs a day equivalent between the real and the NJoy. What are other people experiencing in terms of the durability of the NJoy cartridges?

I ordered some e-liquids to be able to tap off the carts from e-cig, however I am not sure what month they will be delivered in. ;) I am hoping this will increase the use of the carts, because at my current usage rate, I am probably looking to spend three times the $$ as I did smoking real cigs (I rolled my own, hence a carton of cigs was ~$10 at most).

Does anyone have any other suggestions on how to increase the usage of the cartridges besides topping them off with e-liquid? From my understanding, the NJoy ones are a bit longer, hence would imply they should come closer to the 2 pack quote they provide. Has anyone approached NJoy about the issue that they don't last as long as advertised?

Overall, though, I am thrilled with the actual use of the NJoy, especially with a new Cartridge installed.
Yes Solarist,
I'm having the same expeience with going thru at least if not more than a cartridge a day. I've been using mine for 5 days now and am experimenting with hours of battery charge, new cartridge with partially used one. I need to get a better sense of what I can and cannot expect with vaporing with the NJoy before I ask them if anything is wrong with any part of the kit.
All I know I don't come close to experiencing the amount of vapor that Dusty did from his NJoy in this video clip:
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=33921088

Solarist

May 15, 2008
Thank you for your additional feedback, although I am not sure if it is positive thing that others are experiencing the same issues. I have found "dry smoking" it without the inner cartridge will produce a pretty fair quantity of vapor, and then after take a dozen or so drags from it that way, the cartridges seem to also then have a bit of a second wind, however it still is fairly inconsistent.

I'll have to hunt down a syringe to try to squeeze out the extra liquid from the spent carts (unless I get my e-liquid order from China before I run out of cartridges, which is unlikely).

One thing I noticed: After charging a battery, there is a very distinct electronic burning smell in the charger and the end of the battery - the batteries seem to be working okay, but still a bit alarming. Anyone else experiencing this?

One other thing to note, which may or may not be useful to some: When I initially ordered my NJOY, I had it shipped via UPS Air, with the order placed on Sunday, and shipped on Monday. For the cartridges, I just used their free shipping (via USPS), again on Sunday, and this time it was shipped on Tuesday and I received them the next day in the mail - although I suppose I am only a few states over (Oregon).

leaford

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 1, 2008
Shenzhen, Guangdong, China
Yeah, sometimes express shipping can be a waste. But you never know whether this time will be one of those times or not. If there are any bottlenecks in shipping regular ground service will take a back seat to express. But OTOH, regular ground service has no commit date so if it gets there faster than expected it'll be delivered instead of witing for the commit date. For example if you order 2-3 day shipping, and it gets to your local hub in one day, they'll hold it another day before delivering. If you wanted one-day, you should have paid for it. Ground delivery OTOH just goes straight out.

BigBuxNoWhammy

ECF Veteran
May 21, 2008
Canada.
Hey guys, been reading around the forum for a few days and finally decided that I'm gonna get the njoy white cigarette model, since the njoy seems to have the best review. I spoke with mark and he completed my order, but after he charged me I had noticed he didn't apply the 20% discount that I asked for with the code. I emailed back and am hoping he refunds that or sends me some free cartridges or something instead. I'm not worried because he's a very nice guy so I'm guessing he will do it no problems.

Anyways, I'll let you guys know how it is when I get it! I'm so impatient lol I want it now! I'm in canada too, so I'll probably be waiting a week atleast I assume, but I hope not :)

Klaue

ECF Veteran
May 22, 2008
Switzerland
klaue.110mb.com
I'm in the ordering process right now and they get on my nerves even now. The only way to pay is paypal, which I do not trust. There's no other paying method. And Paypal doesn't let me change the sending adress to another country (I'm in switzerland but know someone in germany who could receive it for me, which would be much cheaper because of taxes - switzerland is not in the EU)

That really bugs me right now.

NerdyCinderella

ECF Veteran
May 14, 2008
Gotham City
Wow
I am on my 7th day of vaporing with a NJoy.
I was complaining about the frequent battery recharging and going thru the cartridges like crazy.
I received some cartridges yesterday from: http://www.myecig.com/5201/index.html
I think they made a big difference in the amount of vapor I am now experiencing. I am on my 1st cartridges almost 24 hrs later and not worried about recharging more than every 3 hrs.

Anyone else experience a difference in the quality of cartridges?

Klaue

ECF Veteran
May 22, 2008
Switzerland
klaue.110mb.com
dnakr said:
Paypal should have an option to add a different address under your profile.
Yes, but only for the same country. I life in Switzerland, but I have a postal adress in Germany. Since Germany is in the EU and Switzerland not, it means that it's cheaper to send it to the german adress. But my Issue resolved - I made a comment in the field "special messages to the vendor" (or something alike) that I would have it rather send to the address so-and-so and about 2 hours ago I received an email from Njoy that they'll send it to the german address :)

Solarist

May 15, 2008
NerdyCinderella - so the MyEcig cartridges fit NJoy okay? I have heard quite a few bits about other carts being too short. I may have to order from them next time, as they are significantly cheaper.

I recently got some Apple carts from NJoy and I am not sure if it is the Apple ones in general, but I am having a much better success with it than the regular flavor carts I got from them. Currently still "vaping" on the same cart a day and a half later and it is still going strong. Or perhaps they just need to mature a bit? *shrug*

NerdyCinderella

ECF Veteran
May 14, 2008
Gotham City
NerdyCinderella said:
Wow
I am on my 7th day of vaporing with a NJoy.
I was complaining about the frequent battery recharging and going thru the cartridges like crazy.
I received some cartridges yesterday from: http://www.myecig.com/5201/index.html
I think they made a big difference in the amount of vapor I am now experiencing. I am on my 1st cartridges almost 24 hrs later and not worried about recharging more than every 3 hrs.

Anyone else experience a difference in the quality of cartridges?
I better wait next time before I report significant changes in my vaporing: I changed to a new cartridge and different flavor and was back to a quickly heating atomizer with less vapor. I'm guessing at this point it has to do with the amount of liquid the cartridge is soaked with - but what do I know at this point.

Yes Solarist these cartridges look exactly like NJoy's and yes, I smell the distinct electronic burning smell in the charger and the end of the battery

BigBuxNoWhammy

ECF Veteran
May 21, 2008
Canada.
NerdyCinderella said:
I better wait next time before I report significant changes in my vaporing: I changed to a new cartridge and different flavor and was back to a quickly heating atomizer with less vapor.

Have you tried getting a bottle of e-liquid? People seem to say you get much more vapor using the liquid as opposed to cartridges. I'm still waiting for my njoy to come, so I couldnt tell you from personal experience but this is what I've heard

NerdyCinderella

ECF Veteran
May 14, 2008
Gotham City
ScoopAndStack said:
Have you tried getting a bottle of e-liquid? People seem to say you get much more vapor using the liquid as opposed to cartridges. I'm still waiting for my njoy to come, so I couldnt tell you from personal experience but this is what I've heard
Yes I just purchased some e-liquid figuring I’d need it. However, I’m not ready to start using it. I read many posts when I first found this forum and it left my brain in a state of utter confusion re: the dripping (?) process.

Some of my confusions are:
the different ecigs seem to have different components or just look very different
What’s the deference between an aerator and atomizer
keeping something clean vs. dropping some liquid on it
not dripping cause it voids the warranty
read once place a drop on the side (side of what?#@)
turn it upside down at nite
give it a shake downward
use a syringe, needle, a dropper
dripping involves sucking out liquid or inserting liquid or both?
I have yet to see an atomizer – I assume it’s something really tiny inside of one of the tubes.

So I have to go thru all the posts again about the dripping process before I know what I suppose to do.
ZD_HEL23.gif

Last edited:

NerdyCinderella

ECF Veteran
May 14, 2008
Gotham City
NerdyCinderella said:
Yes I just purchased some e-liquid figuring I’d need it. However, I’m not ready to start using it. I read many posts when I first found this forum and it left my brain in a state of utter confusion re: the dripping (?) process.
Some of my confusions are:
the different ecigs seem to have different components or just look very different
What’s the deference between an aerator and atomizer
keeping something clean vs. dropping some liquid on it
not dripping cause it voids the warranty
read once place a drop on the side (side of what?#@)
turn it upside down at nite
give it a shake downward
use a syringe, needle, a dropper
dripping involves sucking out liquid or inserting liquid or both?
I have yet to see an atomizer – I assume it’s something really tiny inside of one of the tubes.

So I have to go thru all the posts again about the dripping process before I know what I suppose to do.
ZD_HEL23.gif

I just started to read the TIPS &Tricks section. I think I will find all my answers there after about a month of reading!

Last edited:

Klaue

ECF Veteran
May 22, 2008
Switzerland
klaue.110mb.com
Smokey_Joe said:
Klaue, why don't you email them and tell them that you want your order shipped to a different address from your paypal account?

I'm sure they'll do that for you.
They allready did:
Klaue said:
[...]But my Issue resolved - I made a comment in the field "special messages to the vendor" (or something alike) that I would have it rather send to the address so-and-so and about 2 hours ago I received an email from Njoy that they'll send it to the german address :)
:D

Oliver

ECF Founder, formerly SmokeyJoe
Admin
Verified Member
Klaue said:
Smokey_Joe said:
Klaue, why don't you email them and tell them that you want your order shipped to a different address from your paypal account?

I'm sure they'll do that for you.
They allready did:
Klaue said:
[...]But my Issue resolved - I made a comment in the field "special messages to the vendor" (or something alike) that I would have it rather send to the address so-and-so and about 2 hours ago I received an email from Njoy that they'll send it to the german address :)
:D

Ooops, serves me right for scanning, not reading, your post! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread