NJOY Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

swami

Apr 7, 2008
Hi guys....

after 6 weeks of njoy e-cigar use, finally it stops working. I am very happy with it until now and I will try to clean it as http://ecigforum.com/index.php?topic=44.0 instructions. Now I am using an e-cig.com cigar and we will see how long it will work.... BTW the njoy customer care is shipping a replacement free for me, this is a relly good assistance. I dont understand if the two devices are the same (with differents brands) but I will discover soon (if the e-cig product will last 6 weeks..they are the same!)
Anyway is a matter of spending 60 USD for 6 weeks (njoy atomizer replacement) or 9 USD for 4 weeks (e-cig replacement)? Why they just dont tell that the life of a device is a fixed range of time depending on use? one can plan his e-smoking cost!
Does anyone have an e-cigar working (with intensive use) for more than 6 weeks?? I hope that after cleaning my Njoy will work for long time.. just to fill the big difference of price between the devices....
Cheers, Swami.

Hey Swami. I got my Njoy on 4/28 and my atomizer stopped working too. :( The batteries are fine because the LED still lights up. The atomizer does not heat up. And it was doing that before I cleaned it. Njoy is sending a replacement and I understand the atomizers are supposed to be much better. Will give this a shot and see how it's doing in a month.

NerdyCinderella

ECF Veteran
May 14, 2008
Gotham City
My NJoy started acting up (needing frequent battery, cartridge changes and atomizer getting too hot throughout the day) after having it a little over 3 wks which was 3 days ago. They sent me a replacement which I received today. It really produced a lot of vapor. I was impressed! More than I had experienced before. I so hope it keeps up.

One side note: They sent me replacements for everything, the battery recharger, the electrical cord, 2 batteries, and an atomizer, all bubble wrapped and with a self-addressed envelope. So I figured they want me to send everything I have back to them. You know what's strange, they didn't tell me to send back the items I had. You know what I thought. They treated me like I had enough intelligence to figure this out on my own. I don't remember being treated by any vendor or even person that assumed I had enough intelligence to figure something like that out - okay I'm being really nerdy here.

Klaue

ECF Veteran
May 22, 2008
Switzerland
klaue.110mb.com
NerdyCinderella said:
You know what I thought. They treated me like I had enough intelligence to figure this out on my own. I don't remember being treated by any vendor or even person that assumed I had enough intelligence to figure something like that out - okay I'm being really nerdy here.
Using Occam's razor, I think they just forgot to put in a letter :p

NerdyCinderella

ECF Veteran
May 14, 2008
Gotham City
23_2_16.gif
Yeah Klaue you're probably right.

jamie

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2008
USA
NerdyCinderella said:
Yes I just purchased some e-liquid figuring I’d need it. However, I’m not ready to start using it. I read many posts when I first found this forum and it left my brain in a state of utter confusion re: the dripping (?) process.
<snip>
So I have to go thru all the posts again about the dripping process before I know what I suppose to do.

Yes I can relate. I particularly enjoy the way each Tips post is followed by a HEY, DON'T DO THAT post.

Oliver

ECF Founder, formerly SmokeyJoe
Admin
Verified Member
jamie said:
NerdyCinderella said:
Yes I just purchased some e-liquid figuring I’d need it. However, I’m not ready to start using it. I read many posts when I first found this forum and it left my brain in a state of utter confusion re: the dripping (?) process.
<snip>
So I have to go thru all the posts again about the dripping process before I know what I suppose to do.

Yes I can relate. I particularly enjoy the way each Tips post is followed by a HEY, DON'T DO THAT post.

Hey, it's a tricky balance. A poster finds a new way of getting more out of his e-cig by some means, but no-one knows whether it will damage his product or not.

If he/she goes to the supplier and says "oh well I was doing this, I read about it on some forum and then it broke, etc" Many suppliers would be within their rights to tell the user to go whistle. The "hey don't do that" posts are people trying to make sure that people don't screw up in this fashion.

Everyone is trying to help, it is just that e-smoking is so new that there are no hard and fast rules, although things are becoming clearer.

Hopefully with the new forum design and technology, we will be able to organize info far better so that people can find answers quickly.

I would also encourage anyone who reads a post they find particularly informative for whatever reason to either PM me about it or post a link in the FAQ thread, so it can be included.

By the way, dripping/drop-smoking/dropping is literally just that - you drip a couple of drops straight down the e-cig onto the atomizer!

Dry-smoking is what you are doing when you have dripped - simply e-smoking without a cartridge. It was also an early technique for burning off excess liquid, but this is probably a good way to burn out your atomizer!

NerdyCinderella

ECF Veteran
May 14, 2008
Gotham City
UncleMidriff said:
Subject: Drat! NJoy Atomizer Went Kaput!
When I mentioned to NJoy that I was a experiencing a odd smell/taste from NJoy pen-style, Mark sent me a new atomizer without me even asking for one.
NJoy++
So I've been using the new atomizer they sent me, which is one of the newer style atomizers. It's been working great, but of course, just after I mailed off my old (still working) atomizer, the new one goes out.
I was happily puffing away when the battery started flashing. I waited for it to calm down and then tried to resume puffing, but the atomizer wasn't producing any vapor at all. So I went to get my back up (fully-charged) battery, but that made no difference at all.
NJoy--
So, if anyone needs me, I'll be over here having a nic fit.
Unclemidriff,
My NJoy replacement unit - just the atomizer also just went kaput lastnite after 3 days of use. It was working very well before it suddenly died.
I'd be smoking regular cigs by now but I put my lemon Kissbox atomizer with the NJoy batteries and it is working for now.
Eileen

seamusmcpherson

Jun 24, 2008
  • Deleted by Oliver

sanneke

Moved On
May 28, 2008
USA
seamusmcpherson said:
Hey guys, I got my NJOY from http://www.njoyne.com. I found they have the best prices and awesome customer service, I've had my Njoy replaced 3 times with them for the vaporizer dying, and all 3 times awesome response and understanding. Also great prices on the cartridges... so, go check them out.
http://www.njoyne.com

Great advertising. :roll:

So your njoy's had to replaced 3 times.

In how many days, weeks, months?

I checked your sie out, but I'm not leaving my email addy to just get some info.

Oh, and now they're offering a payment plan.

UncleMidriff

ECF Veteran
May 29, 2008
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, USA
NerdyCinderella said:
UncleMidriff said:
Subject: Drat! NJoy Atomizer Went Kaput!
When I mentioned to NJoy that I was a experiencing a odd smell/taste from NJoy pen-style, Mark sent me a new atomizer without me even asking for one.
NJoy++
So I've been using the new atomizer they sent me, which is one of the newer style atomizers. It's been working great, but of course, just after I mailed off my old (still working) atomizer, the new one goes out.
I was happily puffing away when the battery started flashing. I waited for it to calm down and then tried to resume puffing, but the atomizer wasn't producing any vapor at all. So I went to get my back up (fully-charged) battery, but that made no difference at all.
NJoy--
So, if anyone needs me, I'll be over here having a nic fit.
Unclemidriff,
My NJoy replacement unit - just the atomizer also just went kaput lastnite after 3 days of use. It was working very well before it suddenly died.
I'd be smoking regular cigs by now but I put my lemon Kissbox atomizer with the NJoy batteries and it is working for now.
Eileen

This is the second time I've seen someone mention pairing up a broken atomizer with another company's battery and having that broken atomizer come back to life. How does that even work? Does anyone with more technical knowledge than me have any idea?

Anyway, I'm on my third NJoy atomizer in less than a month. It seems to be holding up rather well so far, though I've only had it for a little while. One of my NJoy batteries has gotten hard to activate, meaning that I have to suck real hard to get it to come on. It's not bad enough for me to ask for a replacement yet, but I'm figuring it'll go out any time now.

NJoy's customer service is excellent. When I contacted them when my first atomizer went out, I was expecting them to try to wiggle out of having to send me a replacement. Instead, they responded quickly that they had already put a replacement atomizer in the mail: no questions asked. That readiness to fix the problem coupled with their 1-year warranty makes me a pretty happy customer, though I would prefer that the thing would just work reliably.

*SHAMELESS PLUG ALERT*
This is why on the e-cig review site that I'm building (http://www.ecigreview.com), several aspects of the supplier experience will be rated: cost, time to fulfill orders, customer service, professionalism, etc. My NJoy pen style e-cig was way too expensive to break as often as it does, but other aspects of dealing with NJoy have made me a happy customer regardless. That's something that I want my E-cig review site to be able to reflect.
*END SHAMELESS PLUG*

TheEmperorOfIceCream

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 1, 2008
London, UK
Hi Unc

I used an NJOY batt with what I THOUGHT was a busted KB Classic atomiser (becasue both my KB switches were cream crackered. The manual switch gave no visual clue but the LED on the auto one still blinked, so I thought it was the atomiser that was cc'd). That's probably what happened with the other person whose post you saw.

Emp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread