No atomizer - odd one

Status
Not open for further replies.

LOWLY

Mar 13, 2017
Hello,

Long story short, I bought iStick Power + aspire cleito. So these are the weard things thats happening to me:

1st I am using what its written a 0.4 ohms atomizer, and while its on there, it usually writes 0.50 ohms on the screen, is that normal? It floats 0.45 - 0.52.
2nd I noticed after a puff, it drops me a no atomizer error, though I cleaned the tank and the connection more than few times, I even swaped to other included cleito atomizer, same thing happens, I did some research and people say you dont need to tighten it alot, which I did with or without tightening.

Sometimes the error drops out of the blue, like when I turn on, I want to enjoy the e cig and then kapooff gone, and its not like the error stays for few seconds (sometimes it does), but no, it actually stucks on error for a ....loads of time, atleast 1hr, almost smashed it to a wall.

The ecig is new aswell charged arround 4 times, with correct cable and not over charged.

So now what do you guys think, should I allready look for new atomizer or is it a weard thing?

P.S. I read that it can be overdrippin with e liquid, I mean I allways have atleast filling amout of eluiqid so the cotton on the sides of atomizer would be covered in other words, it rarely goes to dry, to actuall dry it never went.

Please dear fellow e-cigarette users, help me solve this mistery, I am open to buy new atomizers, I still have warranty to the iStick (battery, not the atomizer), its really, really annoyng..

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Do you have another tank? Does the same thing happen? If yes, a problem with the 510 on the mod. If not, take a good look at the bottom pin on the tank to see what's up. Do try to resolve it while you still are under warranty.

Oh, the coil resistance reading different from what it's marked? A common problem with factory coils. Not that I like it, but I've seen them off by 0.1 ohm higher or lower. Likely a QC issue. If they're off my more than that, check the scratch off authenticity to be sure you got the authentics you paid for (probably a good idea in general if it's a new vendor you order from).

Reactions: Don29palms

LOWLY

Mar 13, 2017
Do you have another tank? Does the same thing happen? If yes, a problem with the 510 on the mod. If not, take a good look at the bottom pin on the tank to see what's up. Do try to resolve it while you still are under warranty.

Oh, the coil resistance reading different from what it's marked? A common problem with factory coils. Not that I like it, but I've seen them off by 0.1 ohm higher or lower. Likely a QC issue. If they're off my more than that, check the scratch off authenticity to be sure you got the authentics you paid for (probably a good idea in general if it's a new vendor you order from).
Nah the vendor is well known in my country.
Well, my brother has literally the same setup, so I could swap put the tank itself and by 510 you mean the whole tank thing? Like the whole upper thingie, right? Sorry Im still a bit fresh into this vaping scene. Thanks for the advice, if correctly understood I will try to resolve it, oh and I kinda broke my other atomizer :D I think, I pulled out the bottom of it, see whats down in there, and it came off, I guess its fixible, just weard and scary to do so.

Reactions: Eskie

LOWLY

Mar 13, 2017
Yup, just swap the whole tank for your brother's. Have him put yours on his. See which one works and which doesn't. Then you'll have the culprit. Maybe. Hopefully.
Well, just swaped them out, yep the whole head is f***ed up I guess, since I put hes on mine, imidiatly knew the ohms n stuff, put mine on hes, said no atomizer, well I guess Im going to have to buy a new one, I dont think my warranty covers the mod aswell, it say only the battery. Anyways, do you have maybe some other ideas what should I get? buyng same one would be kinda lame I guess, that would be good to go with my iStick Power? Really appreciated for the tips by the way.

LOWLY

Mar 13, 2017
What kind of vape are you looking for? Lots of cloud? Flavor? How long have you been vaping? What kind of juice? That sort of stuff is important in recommending a tank that fits your style.
Well, I do like alot of smokes out of it, though I really enjoy the flavor aswell, of juice is I usually make ones myself, with the base and flavor on it - currently using forest sweet, tho I buy the premium ones sometimes, to njoy it, like unicorn milk is prolly the sweetest from them. I guess id like a balanced one, since I cant have everything in it.

Mods usually have warranties. I suppose your exact consumer rights depend where you live.

Well, Im going to ask the vendor tommorow or something anyways, but I prolly end up buyng a new one, since I do remember that he said only the base itself (battery) has warranty, maybe I missed something, I have to consider buyng a new one anyways.

Warranties will cover the mod/battery. Sometimes the mod is called a battery. But to clarify, the problem is the tank, correct, not your mod/battery? Tank is no good on any mod or did I not read correctly?

Well I guess its the whole top part - youd call a mod I think, I am not sure lol, anyways the part where is I suspect is not working is where it screws down, the battery and the next step of the connection.
JLk35KD.jpg

Those parts to be exact, though my mod isnt melo nano, its cleito, just an example.
Reading this I am thinking did you try another coil? Maybe one from a friend that is known good? Even a well known vendor with a good rep cam get scammed and have fakes.

Well, like I said, I screwed the whole top (mod) part from my brothers, it worked fine, mine doesnt. and fromt he coils itself, I take its the thing with cotton, if so, then yeh, I tryed my other one, same thing happens, though it came with one pack.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Are you sure the atomizer is securely screwed into the base? Sometimes they loosen from being shipped. Just take the atomizer piece out and rescrew it in and try vaping it again. Some atomizers need to be screw in as tight as they will go. Not torqued especially but snug in the base. Hope this helps.

:)

eta I am talking about the tank not the mod. The piece that heats the ejuice.

LOWLY

Mar 13, 2017
Are you sure the atomizer is securely screwed into the base? Sometimes they loosen from being shipped. Just take the atomizer piece out and rescrew it in and try vaping it again. Some atomizers need to be screw in as tight as they will go. Not torqued especially but snug in the base. Hope this helps.

:)

eta I am talking about the tank not the mod. The piece that heats the ejuice.
Well yeh, I mean I tryed it out with like loosen and as tight as I can, the results were frustration anyways.

LOWLY

Mar 13, 2017
My friends cleito did the same thing and the 510 pin was recessed so that it wouldn't make a positive connection adjusted the coil unit tighter and the 510 pin pressed out far enough to make positive contact worked like a charm
So you mean I should take some sharp pliers and pull the pin (the litle wired thingy) that goes to the bottom of the attached head, and pull it down some more?

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Well, Im going to ask the vendor tomorrow or something anyways, but I prolly end up buyng a new one, since I do remember that he said only the base itself (battery) has warranty, maybe I missed something, I have to consider buyng a new one anyways.

Although I am no language expert, you write as if you are from the UK.
In the UK, you have rights even with unregulated products.
Be firm, ask for a replacement. Saying 'no warranty' is not correct under UK law.

LOWLY

Mar 13, 2017
Although I am no language expert, you write as if you are from the UK.
In the UK, you have rights even with unregulated products.
Be firm, ask for a replacement. Saying 'no warranty' is not correct under UK law.
Hehe, nope I am not from UK, nor from any other English native country. Just spoke with alot of UK folks, so I guess u could say, it grew into me hehe. Well I'm at work currently, so gonna have to get back home and then check my warranty, will have to go to the shop anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread