No flavour is strong enough!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi fellow vaporers.
I must have 30 bottles of juice now and have found only 2-3 that really hit my taste buds. Ive only been vaping about 2-3 months but I thought my taste buds would have improved by now?
As I am a sweet tooth I seem to like the sweeter juices and a higher vg ratio, but only banana cream, funky banana and bubble gum seem flavoursome. In fact i think even more flavour is needed but these are the best so far.

Has anyone bought any juices that are really strong and sweet? I'm in Oz so they need to ship here.

Is it possible my ex smoker taste buds are still a bit on the dead side, coz some juices I try have just a whiff of flavour to me, eg bavarian cream from apollo.
If you can recommend something it would be great....I know we are all different though. I use an egoCE4 with kanger evod and have just increased from 18mg to 24 coz i feel like somethings missing lol.

Thanks everyone.:)

zhentipede

ECF Veteran
Apr 7, 2013
California, USA
Screenshot_2013-10-26-02-52-23.jpg

realllly strong use on glass/pyrex or stainless

Apptiger

ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2012
West Central Florida
Might try some vanillas and some cinnamons, they seemed to me to be some of the strongest flavors but, everyone is different.
Lot of things can impact flavor. Think it took about a year for me to really start to notice nuance in juices. Until then I wanted all hard hitting top notes. Ambient temperature and humidity can impact flavor, so can the PG/VG mix. If you have custom mixed juice, the flavor usually takes a few weeks to develop. You could be dehydrated some too. Might try:

Increasing your water intake.
Vary the PG/VG ratio of the juice. try 50/50 or higher pg. All VG washes out flavor, at least for me
Try a different power setting (some juices don't come alive at low power) or low res clearo.
Try a different method like dripping or different clearo / tank. CE4 and Evods mute the flavor.

ShariR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Nashville, TN
Try 1.8 ohms coils, try a viva nova top coil, make sure your equipment is clean. Get yourself a spinner or twist so you can adjust voltage. If you are vaping on a 3.7 ohm standard ego battery you need to be using 1.8 ohm heads. Some people prefer a warmer vape so they use top coil devices for their juices. A variable voltage device will let you adjust the taste and allow you to get a warmer vape. If you have gunked up heads or the voltage is too low you will not get much vapor or flavor.

Im using a egoCE4 with kanger evod which I suppose is a true beginner model lol. I have learnt to drink heaps more water, I have tried different PG/VG and find the VG doesnt hurt my throat as much so i normally order anything from 50/50 up. I clean and dry burn as per instructions on here but still i either find the flavour too weak or tastes bad....even after steeping and using a new clearo.
if as Apptiger suggests to try a different power setting, I wouldn't know what variable unit to get thats easy to use but effective....maybe i need to look into that?
are flavour shots different to e juice?

Hi Tuss08. I have the same problem and am also in Oz. Royal blend and Cinnamon Roll from Vape King are good- they are doublers so you'll need to add your nic to them etc. Royalblend needs to steep for about a week. I've been using Evods and a mini PT but Im going to try dripping and some cartos now to see if I can get more flavour. Blowing clouds of vapour but only get subtle flavour. Mix is usually 70/30ish 12mg - if I go any higher with the nic I can taste the pepperyness of it and it reminds me of nicotine gum which I hate! I've got a spinner but can't find any kind of "sweet spot" - as I turn the voltage up I get nothing..nothing..mmm maybe something.. burnt..So Im not a huge convert to vv like most people.

was getting no taste on my units. Started with ego and a claro starter kit a couple weeks ago. Could smell it, just not taste it. was enjoying smelling and hand to mouth, but was coming up way short on flavor fulfillment. Got MVP2. put my claro on it, 6.5 watts no taste, 7 burnt. Got kanger 2, not much better, went up to 8 watts, burnt. went to a vape bar tasted some flavors. got a new juice today 90 VG, that I can put in iclear 30, 6.5, no flavor, worked way up to 10 watts. flavor... hey this vaping thing could be tasty and fun. gotta play with different toys, flavors, tanks, to find what will work. once you find it. ride that pony.

Thanks guys and to my aussie fellow vapourer. A tounge brush???? No i dont have one, but i do brush my tongue daily with my elec toothbrush??
I think I shall get a vv battery to start trying different voltages as It seems a lot of people on here find it more enjoyable. Seems like I also need to learn how to make my own juice and just triple the flavour! Bit scary but better sooner rather than later I spose.

Vicshalls

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Houston, TX
I have the exact same problem. The ones I can taste I have found give me heartburn. Others smell great but vape them nothing. Gonna just keep trying. Refuse to go back to analogs. And I have the tounge scrapper use listerine brush often drink tons of water. Blah blah blah. Just gotta find the one that works. Til then will just vape what I have til it is gone.

Bob Chill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2013
Sans Nom, USA
Pick up some flavor enhancers that DIY'ers use. You typically only need 1-3 drops per 10mls for them to be effective. They won't dilute.

Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV) can make a huge difference with fruits. Can make them pop.

Lemon Juice as well. It can bring a bland mix alive.

10% sucralose in PG can do wonders with sweetness.

MTS Vape Wizard (haven't personally used it) and TFA Smooth work well with rounding out and making tobacco's more rich and full. I just started using Smooth with my Hangsen tobacco mixes and it makes a good vape great.

Adding more flavor itself can actually dim the flavor notes and not increase them. I would personally test the enhancers with your existing stash first before going the double shot route. You may end up with more bottles of juice that don't do it for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread