No more bulk pricing at Mt. Baker at this time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boodaddy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2016
Ohio
Generally, lab results are posted along with the claim of "X" and "Y" free, which would be an implied health claim. Under FDA rules, this isn't permitted.

Thanks man. Hope other manufactures will take that route, and take out "free of" etc... and still post results for us. Appreciate your time and help.

Thanks
God Bless!!

CRSteve

Jun 16, 2016
I was Mt. Baker Vapor's #1 supporter a month ago. After all these new changes and the amount of sheer lies coming from them, I've moved on to DIY. They've lied about the new FDA laws. They've lied about the age verification requirements and now about bulk discounts. Not to mention they raised prices (of bulk purchases) 80%. Done with MBV forever...but glad I have about 2 years worth of their products to hold me over until I master DIY juices.

Reactions: smacksy

Ed_C

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2013
Seligman, MO
Generally, lab results are posted along with the claim of "X" and "Y" free, which would be an implied health claim. Under FDA rules, this isn't permitted.
That is such a crock (not talking about you personally ;)). The only thing that is implied is that my customers don't want X and Y in their juice, so we tested for it.

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
The tell will be, if the bulk price comes back or not.
I think I'll hold off judgement for awhile and see. I don't need to order anything right now anyway. I think a discount for purchasing x amount of product is okay, according to tobacco regs. Offering a "bulk pack" of x amount of bottles for y price constitutes a separate product. Just speculating.

Dwhite87

Feb 21, 2015
Norfolk, VA
The biggest impact the deeming regs had on MBV was that they can't add any flavor shots anymore. Since their DIY juice was their flavorings they probably just took them off the shelves entirely so that the FDA can't harp on them about the flavor shots.

Sadly, even though they were on the market before the regs took effect, I see no reason why they discontinue them. Unless you have a different website where you market the same product.

apicia

Aug 10, 2012
MA
I used to order the MVB large bottles for a long time. Tried to order from several other companies and keep running into Bluecheck. I'm older than 27 and they still want a copy of my face and license. Not happening. I checked out Yougotjuice and was excited! But, they only sell 6mg tobacco. Ugh.

Time for DIY? I need 200ml+ bottles and I'm not using Bluecheck and their 3 employees ran out of the country and they share your information. Help me out guys.

Boodaddy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2016
Ohio
I used to order the MVB large bottles for a long time. Tried to order from several other companies and keep running into Bluecheck. I'm older than 27 and they still want a copy of my face and license. Not happening. I checked out Yougotjuice and was excited! But, they only sell 6mg tobacco. Ugh.

Time for DIY? I need 200ml+ bottles and I'm not using Bluecheck and their 3 employees ran out of the country and they share your information. Help me out guys.

YouGoteJuice uses Blue Check. Their are certain states that you will have to submit an id for, and those are below.

California
Hawaii
Illinois
Kansas
Massachusetts
Mississippi
Missouri
New Jersey
New York
Ohio

You could also just buy the 6mg, and get some extra nic and add it as well.

Last edited:

skoony

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2013
saint paul,mn,usa
After all these new changes and the amount of sheer lies coming from them, I've moved on to DIY. They've lied about the new FDA laws. They've lied about the age verification requirements and now about bulk discounts.
Lying? I for one can not fault a business for making business decisions.
That is what businesses do. Granted they are going to candy coat it for
the public. Who doesn't? Government regulations are forcing companies
in the e-cigarette industry to make decisions on how to successfully conduct
business in this new environment. Will we like them? Probably not. Without
congressional intervention or relief from the courts things are going to be
quite different 2 years from now. There will be something for everyone to
complain about. Calling companies trying to cope and survive in this new
market place liars is not going to change anything.

When I don't like a company or product I find a company or product
I do like. It might be just me but, I have never felt the need to demonize
a company or product I once used because I found another to take its
place for whatever reason. 2 years from now which ever companies
that are left standing will all be cookie cutter versions of each other
selling virtually identical products in identical sizes with identical
ingredients and hardware. It's just a mater of who figures out the
right path as there is no clear path right now. If you have read the
regulations one would have noticed there are no set standards just
mandates for the FDA to interpret. Mt. Baker isn't the only company
revamping their inventory. There will be many more before this is over.
Are they all liars?
:2c:
Regards
Mike

Dwhite87

Feb 21, 2015
Norfolk, VA
...Granted they are going to candy coat it for
the public. Who doesn't? Government regulations are forcing companies
in the e-cigarette industry to make decisions on how to successfully conduct
business in this new environment. Will we like them? Probably not.

If you have read the regulations one would have noticed there are no set standards just mandates for the FDA to interpret. Mt. Baker isn't the only company revamping their inventory. There will be many more before this is over.
Are they all liars?
:2c:
Regards
Mike
All vape establishments need to cross their t's and dot both their i's and j's. The inability for businesses to use testers anymore is sad. It's just like going into the clearance bin. I hate how shops can't build anything post market sale or assist with their set up. The fact that you can only tell people or hope that there are people hanging out in shop to do it. Moreover my local shop used to re-wrap batteries but can't anymore. Nor can they tinker with any mod to ensure that there isn't a safety hazard because of an electrical short.

That was my rant about how the regs impact safety and ensuring people don't switch to analogs due to being overwhelmed in the beginning. But being able to check ID is something all shops have to comply with. How they do it is a different matter. If you have to scan your license and upload it then that'd be no different from what the shops have to do now. Or even typing in the license number as they could cross reference it faster than an actual image. Far less invasive than having to give your SSN everywhere you go.

My local shop said that the regs wouldn't impact the juicers for two years. But when it comes to MBV no flavor shots = impact. But their DIY supply line shouldn't have been discontinued at all. I suppose the upside to this though is that the juices shouldn't be made to order. Batches would be more likely to have seeped for a week or two before shipment if your lucky.

Last edited:
Reactions: skoony

apicia

Aug 10, 2012
MA
YouGoteJuice uses Blue Check. Their are certain states that you will have to submit an id for, and those are below.

California
Hawaii
Illinois
Kansas
Massachusetts
Mississippi
Missouri
New Jersey
New York
Ohio

You could also just buy the 6mg, and get some extra nic and add it as well.

Thanks. I only use one flavor, so I want to learn how to DIY my own juice if I can't buy premixed juice without Bluecheck. Are there any links to this and links to ingredients that are free of unhealthy ingredients (eg. diketones, etc)?

Boodaddy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2016
Ohio
Thanks. I only use one flavor, so I want to learn how to DIY my own juice if I can't buy premixed juice without Bluecheck. Are there any links to this and links to ingredients that are free of unhealthy ingredients (eg. diketones, etc)?

For DIY, this is one of the best videos for mixing.

Good Video On Recipe Development

Check out some of there other videos as well.

I would also recommend just searching YouTube for DIY E-Juice & DIY E-Liquid, and there will be a ton of videos come up. For flavors I would check out FlavourArt - The flavors tailors - Food & Electronic cigarette flavorings. They have a ton of flavors, and are diketone free.

I do not know if you have to go through blue check for flavors, or not yet. Do a search on the forum on FlavourArt, and you will see a ton of topics on it.

Hope this helps!

Reactions: love coffee

Ed_C

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2013
Seligman, MO
I am going to be trying out YouGotJuice next week. 100% diketone free as well. They have 240ML bottles for $38 bucks, and they have lab reports for their juice.

I wanted to try Verde Valley Vapes, but they don't have lab reports, and state they have a couple juices that have acetoin and acetyl propionyl, but don't say which ones. Not happy about that.

Check out TiaVapes on YouTube. She has reviewed a ton of YouGotJuice flavors, and they seem like they would be awesome.

I ordered a 60mL bottle of Tropical Delight to give YouGotJuice a try. They did have some Diketone (acetyl propionyl), but no diacetyl in at least one juice. They don't have all their juices tested yet, but it looks like they are working on it. I had to give the last 4 of my SS for proof of age, but it went smoothly and took no time. They also offer free shipping on all orders, which is always nice.

Reactions: Boodaddy

Smoke_too_much

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2016
Having been a lifetime working with accounting and inventory systems I can assure you MBV are simply giving you a less than true excuse to cut out the large bottles and dump bulk pricing.

One of my vendors also just cut out the 120 ml plastic bottles and replaced them with multiple glass 30 ml units so I suspect that move has to do with FDA changes. Cutting out bulk pricing likely has more to do with profit and MBV obviously works with smaller margins than do many juice vendors so they can't afford the additional bottles without higher pricing.

Maybe the FDA and the DEA should sit down and have a chat in order to learn from each other how not to create a burgeoning black market, large criminal cartels, criminalizing a large portion of citizens, loading up the prisons to the highest incarceration rates in the world, and risking the health and freedom of hundreds of thousands, possibly millions, of people. Of course that would imply someone in one of those two organizations has something other than [removed] for brains.

Last edited by a moderator:

Frenchfry1942

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2014
I wonder if FDA regs lack some clarity and vendors are just trying to keep some stability in their business. I think that turbulence is upon us.

From a business view, the priority is to stay in business. Adjusting is just something that a successful business has to do in order to just continue the business. Keeping prices low in light of (FDA-created) turbulence is not the easiest.

Boodaddy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2016
Ohio
I ordered a 60mL bottle of Tropical Delight to give YouGotJuice a try. They did have some Diketone (acetyl propionyl), but no diacetyl in at least one juice. They don't have all their juices tested yet, but it looks like they are working on it. I had to give the last 4 of my SS for proof of age, but it went smoothly and took no time. They also offer free shipping on all orders, which is always nice.

Let me know how the Tropical Delight vapes!

Reactions: Ed_C
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread