Status
Not open for further replies.

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
Last week I received an email from The Plume Room (who I used to order from before they had to stop shipping to Arkansas):

"This is the last week that we can legally give our freebies and samples away with your orders."

It doesn't affect me since many companies stopped shipping to arkansas when Asa Hutchinson decided to make online ordering of eliquid illegal over a year ago.

I guess they've had to stop sending to Indiana as well.

Reactions: LaraC

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
PS I noticed that there are still companies who are having "free sample" contests on the forum, I assume they are not aware of the new laws regarding eliquid giveways and hope they do not end up with fines, etc. if they are sending out a lot of stuff that way.

I was wondering if ecig vendors' CC processors will be noticing anything like this, or would that not happen?

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
Hey, I think its great that companies want to send samples. It's not my job to look out for them, I just hope they are looking out for themselves. :)

Most of the companies that are well known like Mt Baker Vapor, Plume Room, etc. who know what's going on in their industry are "sticklers" for this stuff. Believe me, I know, because I know who sent me notices the DAY Arkansas passed it's eliquid laws a year ago. It was like receiving a ton of "goodbyes" all in one day. (and I had reward points with many companies that I lost!) It felt really horrible, and back then, no other states were in that situation yet that I know of.

I realized also that they really didn't "need" me either though. :lol:

Here it is a year later, and I have to admit, I kinda LIKE not having to order stuff anymore, I have become very self sufficient with my DIY. I have pretty much forgotten what vendor juice tastes like, so I don't even know that I'm missing anything :lol: I know my DIY MIGHT not be as good but I am just so used to it now I probably can't tell the difference

Last edited:

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
Last week I received an email from The Plume Room (who I used to order from before they had to stop shipping to Arkansas):

"This is the last week that we can legally give our freebies and samples away with your orders."

It doesn't affect me since many companies stopped shipping to arkansas when Asa Hutchinson decided to make online ordering of eliquid illegal over a year ago.

I guess they've had to stop sending to Indiana as well.
Do you know other people doing DIY besides yourself in Arkansas? Are people abiding by the restrictions or ignoring them? Are there many vapers there? Are there many vape shops?

When I started vaping I bought liquid from a local vape shop for only a few weeks. I could not abide the tiny bottles and high prices. For the next 9 months I bought 240 ml bottles of liquid online for $40 each. For the past year I mix at home. My DIY cost of ingredients is less than $3 for 240 ml.

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
Hey, I think its great that companies want to send samples. It's not my job to look out for them, I just hope they are looking out for themselves. :)

Most of the companies that are well known like Mt Baker Vapor, Plume Room, etc. who know what's going on in their industry are "sticklers" for this stuff. Believe me, I know, because I know who sent me notices the DAY Arkansas passed it's eliquid laws a year ago. It was like receiving a ton of "goodbyes" all in one day. (and I had reward points with many companies that I lost!) It felt really horrible, and back then, no other states were in that situation yet that I know of.

I realized also that they really didn't "need" me either though. :lol:

Here it is a year later, and I have to admit, I kinda LIKE not having to order stuff anymore, I have become very self sufficient with my DIY. I have pretty much forgotten what vendor juice tastes like, so I don't even know that I'm missing anything :lol: I know my DIY MIGHT not be as good but I am just so used to it now I probably can't tell the difference
Is there a place locally where you can buy bulk nicotine, or is it from a previous stash?

And I was just pointing out that the no free samples regulation hasn't quite gone into effect yet. Though it will, very soon, August 8th.

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
Do you know other people doing DIY besides yourself in Arkansas? Are people abiding by the restrictions or ignoring them? Are there many vapers there? Are there many vape shops?.

I live in a tiny town in middle of nowhere. The only place they sell ecig stuff is in the local "Tobacco Superstore" which is mostly cigarettes. I looked at the eliquids there and they are rot-gut brands I never heard of.
I don't personally KNOW any vapers where I live LOL
As for abiding by restrictions, I don't get much choice. Most vendors who know what they heck is going on in their industry already had notices up w/in a day of ARK LAW going into effect that they couldn't mail to us.

To be honest, it never felt right to put an unknowing vendor into the position of breaking the law, so no, I never ordered from anyone since the law went into effect. It wasn't about me following the law, it was about not wanting to get a vendor into trouble w/fines, etc. who have more to lose than I do.

Is there a place locally where you can buy bulk nicotine, or is it from a previous stash?

I had a little set aside. No place to buy it locally.

But to be honest, as I saw the writing on the wall, I spent the last 2 years stepping down and no longer use nicotine, only once in a great while.

so DIY is pretty simple for me. :) I just need something to behaviorally keep me off cigs.

I have noticed a number of ads in the classifieds this year where people have quit vaping. Maybe they, like me, just used them to get off cigs and/or nic, saw what a hassle it may all turn out to be with increasing regs, and decided to quit vaping, too, at a time that seems opportune.

By the time I was down to 3mg then I would start cutting that in 1/2 to 1.5mg then I noticed my body really can't tell the difference between 1.5mg and 0mg. so I just stopped using nic.

Last edited:
Reactions: JC Okie

phisbell

Nov 30, 2014
Nampa, Id, USA
PS I noticed that there are still companies who are having "free sample" contests on the forum, I assume they are not aware of the new laws regarding eliquid giveways and hope they do not end up with fines, etc. if they are sending out a lot of stuff that way.

I was wondering if ecig vendors' CC processors will be noticing anything like this, or would that not happen?
free samples are not the same as "Give away contests".

wiredlove

Master Lurker
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2010
KY
image.jpg
Yes, they are. Free is free.

skoony

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2013
saint paul,mn,usa
free samples are not the same as "Give away contests".
When is the last time there was a Carton of Marlboro give away?
Cigarettes are tobacco products.E-cigarettes are tobacco products.
Come to think of it I have never heard of a bourbon give away.
That would be great.
Regards
Mike

this is my name

ECF Veteran
Oct 13, 2014
North Little Rock, AR, USA
I live in North Little Rock and there are definitely no shortages of vape shops around here. However I did buy my nicotine concentrate online after our liquid law went into effect. I don't know whether the company didn't know or the law doesn't specifically cover nicotine concentrates but thank heaven's either way. Been happily doing DIY since, with the occasional 'premium juice' purchase at a shop to check out new flavors.

They've all stopped the flavor testing though so I just have to take the flavor description's word for it. :facepalm:

skoony

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2013
saint paul,mn,usa
I live in North Little Rock and there are definitely no shortages of vape shops around here. However I did buy my nicotine concentrate online after our liquid law went into effect. I don't know whether the company didn't know or the law doesn't specifically cover nicotine concentrates but thank heaven's either way. Been happily doing DIY since, with the occasional 'premium juice' purchase at a shop to check out new flavors.

They've all stopped the flavor testing though so I just have to take the flavor description's word for it. :facepalm:
I am glad to hear things are going relatively well where you are.
I have never really understood the free sample deal. Don't get
me wrong it's a great thing. Maybe it's because I am kind of
miffed there never was any free samples in the Bourbon section
at the liquor store. I never seen free samples when buying cigarettes
either.(sporadic promotional give-aways don't count)
;)
Regards
Mike

Reactions: motordude
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread