No resistance wire ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

teamscon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2012
NC
DIY Rebuildable Atomizer Parts : Stormys Vapor Cellar, Electronic Cigarettes & More
I found that website and I would like to order my supplies for my smoktech vivi mesh conversion project.
I am planning on using 325 mesh, with 32g-36g kanthol wire. I would like to use 32g as I like 1.8ohm heads.

My problem: I dunno if I must use the no resistance wire. It looks like the stock setup on the smoktechvivi came with no res wire with some kind of small, copper piece linking them together.
How does this work? Do I have to order these tiny litle copper connectors to connect to kanthol wire to the no res wire.
If so, where can i order them, and why doesnt anyone talk about them in utube vids?

Just wannna make sure I order the right things for this conversion. I use 100%vg .. I read the 325 mesh is better then 400mesh for thick juice.

Scubabatdan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2009
Dothan, AL
Holy crap! 24" of kanthal for 2.99, that is 149.50 for 100', and 2.99 24" of silver wire??

Better deals....

A-1 32awg for 9.95 for 100' here:
Kanthal A-1 Wire, 32 Gauge .0080 Cig Cigarette

30g for .50 cents a foot here:
.999 Fine Silver 30 Gauge Round Dead Soft Wire

I personally order mesh from themeshcompany.com out of the UK, I suppose if you dont need a full sheet you could get it at Stormys, the price is comparable to ordering from the UK. But I always get extra sheets from themesh company free when I order.

Not bashing, just saying their kanthal is way overpriced.
Dan

BJ43

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2008
DIY Rebuildable Atomizer Parts : Stormys Vapor Cellar, Electronic Cigarettes & More
I found that website and I would like to order my supplies for my smoktech vivi mesh conversion project.
I am planning on using 325 mesh, with 32g-36g kanthol wire. I would like to use 32g as I like 1.8ohm heads.

My problem: I dunno if I must use the no resistance wire. It looks like the stock setup on the smoktechvivi came with no res wire with some kind of small, copper piece linking them together.
How does this work? Do I have to order these tiny litle copper connectors to connect to kanthol wire to the no res wire.
If so, where can i order them, and why doesnt anyone talk about them in utube vids?

Just wannna make sure I order the right things for this conversion. I use 100%vg .. I read the 325 mesh is better then 400mesh for thick juice.

I have found when the tank is underneath the best is 400 mesh, the juice has to rise by capillary action and the smaller the air spaces between in the mesh the better it wicks, I only use 100% VG and have no problem with 400 mesh and hardly no wicking with 325 when the fluid has to rise, Most of the successful use of 325 over 400 is in attys with the tank above and fed by gravity and on these the larger spaces let it flow more juice down.

BJ43

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2008
After testing many wick sizes in my line type attys, IMO the more mesh you can roll as tight as you can of SS 400 mesh the better.
I started out with loose 25mm of mesh for a 2.5mm dia wick, then went to 35mm, then 45mm and now use 60mm very tight roll with a very small center hole for a 2.5mm dia. Seems that wicks are like the golf swing, every thing is opposite to what you would think.

BJ43

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2008
Is there a need for no resistance wire on the smoktech vivi tank? Thanks for replys on the mesh, will take advice.
Dan did it with a small silver wire extension, I slanted the drilled hole a little and the wick slanted toward the pos post.

IMG_1548.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread