No Science, No specific Size, Just Great Coils - tips, tricks and knowledge sharing

Status
Not open for further replies.

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
I usually wrap my coils with a 1.6 mm micro screwdriver but I bought one of these jigs a while back and thought I would give it a shot last night.
Coil-2.jpg

Though I think it wastes a little to much wire, I think it made a damn nice coil! I't just 10 wraps of 28g on my Nuppin (my go to coil build for my Reos). It meters out at 1.3 ohms. I made it last night so this is after a rewick and dry burn. Not a bad little jig, and it was only a couple of bucks on eBay.
20150430_110428-1-1-1.jpg
Yep. I got one of those a while back - the one that started all the spin off copies - the dark zero jig. It revolutionized coil making on its debut. I haven't used it in a while though. I have nuppins too. I still use them occasionally. Nice build bro.

MrStik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2013
SoCal
I haven't built a coil since I picked up my SubTank Mini. I have put all my RDA's on sabbatical. So far I am using the prebuilt coils for their RBA portion of the tank. Once those coils fail, I will build Micro coils again. Being a tinkerer, I have done some interesting builds and I think i am just over it. I think I want to go back to basics again. Simple coils that just does what they are supposed to do, give clean flavor and great vapor.

Back to the simple micro coil again. My last RDA coils were getting lower and lower in ohms and I think I was at the point of pushing my comfort level. I think I got my last build down to .12, fired it once, and felt very weird about having it. So I took the coil out and built a .25 coil instead. Then the next day, I picked up my STM and have been on it for about a month. I like the "higher" ohm builds of .5 on the stock prebuilt coils. And the RBA coil that came with it measured at a .53 which tastes wonderful in that tank. I think I am going to try to build .5 and higher for the time being.

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
I haven't built a coil since I picked up my SubTank Mini. I have put all my RDA's on sabbatical. So far I am using the prebuilt coils for their RBA portion of the tank. Once those coils fail, I will build Micro coils again. Being a tinkerer, I have done some interesting builds and I think i am just over it. I think I want to go back to basics again. Simple coils that just does what they are supposed to do, give clean flavor and great vapor.

Back to the simple micro coil again. My last RDA coils were getting lower and lower in ohms and I think I was at the point of pushing my comfort level. I think I got my last build down to .12, fired it once, and felt very weird about having it. So I took the coil out and built a .25 coil instead. Then the next day, I picked up my STM and have been on it for about a month. I like the "higher" ohm builds of .5 on the stock prebuilt coils. And the RBA coil that came with it measured at a .53 which tastes wonderful in that tank. I think I am going to try to build .5 and higher for the time being.

I hear ya brother. .4 to .5 is where I stay but will always use RDA's - those that I feed juice into thru the bottom right to the coil and small amount of wick. Nothing better than the fresh squozen juice on demand, the ability to control how much juice and when and the bullet proof reliability, pocketablity and small form factor that only a bottom fed mod / RDA combo can offer.

Keep on rockin bro :)

MrStik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2013
SoCal
I hear ya brother. .4 to .5 is where I stay but will always use RDA's - those that I feed juice into thru the bottom right to the coil and small amount of wick. Nothing better than the fresh squozen juice on demand, the ability to control how much juice and when and the bullet proof reliability, pocketablity and small form factor that only a bottom fed mod / RDA combo can offer.

Keep on rockin bro :)

Getting new mods is not in the picture for me =) If i were to splurge it would probably be a REO. But I am good being a non-convert.

Keep the videos coming. You do good stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread