Status
Not open for further replies.

Msand

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 5, 2014
WI
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Copyright violation. Please read the rules.

hashtag

Ultra Member
May 17, 2015
I would love to see the justification for this law.

"We have no proof it is unhealthy, we have no studies showing second hand vapor is dangerous, we have no actual reason for banning it....All in favor....."

Our legal system is obviously flawed but it seems to be falling apart. What happened to requiring research, facts and discussions and debates in order to formulate laws?

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
I would love to see the justification for this law.

"We have no proof it is unhealthy, we have no studies showing second hand vapor is dangerous, we have no actual reason for banning it....All in favor....."

Our legal system is obviously flawed but it seems to be falling apart. What happened to requiring research, facts and discussions and debates in order to formulate laws?
We also have no proof it is safe either.

The lawmakers could easily say the same thing about the research as to why they feel it isn't allowable

Reactions: Jdurand

hashtag

Ultra Member
May 17, 2015
We also have no proof it is safe either.

The lawmakers could easily say the same thing about the research as to why they feel it isn't allowable

I agree it goes both ways but feel that proper research should be done prior to legislature. If the answer is we don't know, the question should be what could we do to find out. You could ban any product based on what we don't know but there is no reason to operate as a chicken little society.

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
I agree it goes both ways but feel that proper research should be done prior to legislature. If the answer is we don't know, the question should be what could we do to find out. You could ban any product based on what we don't know but there is no reason to operate as a chicken little society.
Just so you know, I'm not officially arguing just playing devils advocate.

At the same time would you want your child exposed to an unknown like this. ,IF you didn't know what vaping is AND given what we know about second hand smoke?.

I have been a smoker since the day I was born, by that I mean I grew up in a house full of smokers smoking indoors in a closed up house.

Looking back I am sure the nicotine withdrawal was the case of many of my school based problems, restless, unable to concentrate, moody.

They can only go by what has come before, it is not smoking, but there is a cloud of nicotine hanging in the air.

Reactions: hashtag

Cacique

ECF Veteran
May 4, 2014
Orlando, FL
Yet many toxins are allowed in the foods that we eat and especially the foods that kids want to eat. I get this, what I don't get is why not also go for what's really affecting kids, instead of just this one thing when we have much more with actual proof and nothing is done.

It comes down to the same reason for all the new/attempted gun control laws...they are all reactionary feel good laws...and most don't know a damn thing about what they are making laws to ineffectively regulate which a lot of times are unenforceable

An automobile is private property. Good luck enforcing, Tempe.
Good luck telling the cop that...he will just read you the law (city code) verbatim or word it to fit the situation and you will have to go to court and waste your time and money just because people don't do the proper research and listen to botched tests

Yet many toxins are allowed in the foods that we eat and especially the foods that kids want to eat. I get this, what I don't get is why not also go for what's really affecting kids, instead of just this one thing when we have much more with actual proof and nothing is done.
Its all going to come to them saying that the crap in our foods are within the FDA requirements and thus our argument holds no water...bull.... but it's how it's going to play out

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
It was just a matter of time.

@Thrasher it's not smoking, the nicotine in "second hand" vapor is negligible if even detectable, the nicotine in e-cigs is different than the nicotine in combustible tobacco, nicotine was never the health issue with SHS, etc.

While it is true that we do not know, definitively that there are NO harms associated with vaping, we do have a mountain of evidence showing just how little possible effects there are. Everything they have thought of to test for so far shows such small levels as to be of no concern, and that goes from research on both sides of the debate. Arguably you expose children to more harmful air if you drive with your windows down on the highway than you would with your windows up while vaping.

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
It was just a matter of time.

@Thrasher it's not smoking, the nicotine in "second hand" vapor is negligible if even detectable, the nicotine in e-cigs is different than the nicotine in combustible tobacco, nicotine was never the health issue with SHS, etc.

While it is true that we do not know, definitively that there are NO harms associated with vaping, we do have a mountain of evidence showing just how little possible effects there are. Everything they have thought of to test for so far shows such small levels as to be of no concern, and that goes from research on both sides of the debate. Arguably you expose children to more harmful air if you drive with your windows down on the highway than you would with your windows up while vaping.
So to that my reply would be, how many vapors actually showed up and challenged the bill with evidence instead of complaining about it on a forum?

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
So to that my reply would be, how many vapors actually showed up and challenged the bill with evidence instead of complaining about it on a forum?

I agree with you on that, and I have no idea if there was any organized opposition. The next time someone says "I agree with indoor vaping bans" though, I will point them to this.

Go driving while drinking a beer, then tell me again how that private property theory is working for you
While that is a valid point it's different because smoking and vaping will not cause your motor functions to become impaired making you a danger to the public weather they are outside, in a car or in a building the way alcahol will

Reactions: Caro123

Caro123

Apr 11, 2015
Nova Scotia
Demonize the vape, don't do it round the kids, demonized the vape, then we can tax,tax,tax, and maybe we will get lucky, and maybe all the little kiddies can grow up to think it is bad, bad, bad and the schools can teach that it's bad , bad,bad, and soon the vapers they will hang their heads and pay their tax, tax,tax.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread