No smoking or E-cigs in cars with children in Tempe, AZ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rabbit Slayer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 19, 2015
Scottsdale, AZ
I'm sorry, what about this is good or common sense?

Do you also feel it is wrong to vape in a home with children around? What about in a building with non-vaping adults? What about on a beach with non-vapers in the vicinity?

Without some verifiable health risk, there should be no restriction of activity.
How exactly is a car anything like those other places, this is Arizona, people don't drive around with their windows open in the summer.

And don't forget it bans smoking in cars with children not only vaping, so I don't see how this is an attack on the vape community

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
How exactly is a car anything like those other places, this is Arizona, people don't drive around with their windows open in the summer.

And don't forget it bans smoking in cars with children not only vaping, so I don't see how this is an attack on the vape community
It is an attack on vaping because they included vaping in the ban, even though vaping and smoking are two completely different things. I was listing off other places that they are trying to ban vaping, based on current smoking bans.

The point is, vaping is not smoking, vaping does not carry health risks that are remotely close to the exaggerated SHS health risks, and this is a step down the road to taxation and regulation.

KattMamma

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2015
DFW Area, Texas
In a court of law this would be thrown out, and the law found unjust by any defendant who knows how to use Google.

This might be a good time for every one to learn about jury nullification. Jury nullification is our last stand against bad laws.

Jury nullification was a big factor in repealing prohibition. Juries simply refused to convict defendants of possessing alcohol (though many were harder on the organized crime that distributed the liquor, this was because of violence, not because they had a problem with the liquor). The people spoke, and were finally heard.

I sat on a jury once where the judge instructed us "You are here to judge the facts in the case, not to judge the law." I thought - what horse **** (the judge had NO RIGHT to say such a thing!!) Unfortunately, it was a pretty straight forward case, and I had no reason to educate my fellow jurors on nullification - I would have loved going jail for that! Contempt of court? Yep! Lots of contempt. LOL

It isn't a ban on smoking in your car, it is a ban on smoking in your car when there are children in the car
The government always uses children to pull on the heartstrings of the population of sheep to get what they want...this opens the door to the cop saying "they looked under 18 so I pulled him over which then led to [insert here]" it creates a reason to pull someone over which then can lead to a whole bunch of made up civil infractions or legit civil infractions that they would normally not even care about and let you go which then increases the money they can squeeze out of you...they don't care about kids as much as they try to make you believe otherwise...honestly it's $50 the first time then $100 every time after...not that bad considering some 5 over tickets are like $120+ depending on where you are pulled over

Reactions: tvapernow

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
You know this, I know this but not everyone that is making the laws know this

Can you link me to the studies that state vaping has zero risk to people around them please?
You wanna chip in for an Indepandant study with some other people? Only way your going to get the link seeing as they only release botched studies like the over powered CE5 carto in the New England medical journal I mentioned earlier

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
You wanna chip in for an Indepandant study with some other people? Only way your going to get the link seeing as they only release botched studies like the over powered CE5 carto in the New England medical journal I mentioned earlier

That's actually not true. There are a number of studies already, and by examining the studies that are released with horrible headlines, we can actually gain good information as well. Like the study you mentioned, reading the methodology and results, you can actually see that using a ce5 at real world wattage results in NO formaldehyde.

Keep an eye on this sub forum Media and General News | E-Cigarette Forum pretty much every new study, good or bad, is picked apart for useful information there.

That's actually not true. There are a number of studies already, and by examining the studies that are released with horrible headlines, we can actually gain good information as well. Like the study you mentioned, reading the methodology and results, you can actually see that using a ce5 at real world wattage results in NO formaldehyde.

Keep an eye on this sub forum Media and General News | E-Cigarette Forum pretty much every new study, good or bad, is picked apart for useful information there.
You have a point...the problem is they pick and choose what to publish and how to headline it and the people presenting their case against vaping pick those ones and only present the data that seems damning when it is presented at face value and only partial results which then makes the people we are trying to get vapers and smokers in a different category from each other to subconsciously make up their mind and ignore the vapor point of view because "the study said it was worse than smoking"

Reactions: Lessifer

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
You have a point...the problem is they pick and choose what to publish and how to headline it and the people presenting their case against vaping pick those ones and only present the data that seems damning when it is presented at face value and only partial results which then makes the people we are trying to get vapers and smokers in a different category from each other to subconsciously make up their mind and ignore the vapor point of view because "the study said it was worse than smoking"
Unfortunately that is true. It's an uphill battle. That's why it's important to get involved. Join CASAA, respond to the calls to action, show up at council meetings if you can, write letters to legislators, and vote.

Sent from my zombie defense stronghold using Tapatalk - now Free

Unfortunately that is true. It's an uphill battle. That's why it's important to get involved. Join CASAA, respond to the calls to action, show up at council meetings if you can, write letters to legislators, and vote.

Sent from my zombie defense stronghold using Tapatalk - now Free
I am already part of CASAA and I'm trying to do what I can. It's quite discouraging when your getting hit from all sides including vapers who don't give a .... and are just in it cause it's "the cool thing to do this week"

Reactions: Lessifer

Rabbit Slayer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 19, 2015
Scottsdale, AZ

Rabbit Slayer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 19, 2015
Scottsdale, AZ
That sounds like there are no studies backing people's claim there is "no significant risk"

That sounds like there are no studies backing people's claim there is "no significant risk"
As lessifer had responded to that there is valid information within them saying no significant risks if you look...what I was getting at was if you want it to spell it out and be legit and not another case of "here's $X to give me this result"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread