Status
Not open for further replies.

aceswired

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Minnesota
Pointless risk is not ok, even if the risk is so small it's almost non-existent?

Then don't turn on the tv when children are around - watching tv is pointless, and it carries a risk of radiation.

Don't let children play with electric trains - they might be electrocuted.

Don't give them food from the grocery store or anywhere other than your own non-GMO, pesticide free garden.

etc.

Negligible risks shouldn't be regulated.
You presume to quantify the risk. I reject the presumption. Too much is unknown. The data is encouraging but woefully incomplete.

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
That's actually not a joke, I suffer from sleep apnea, which means I don't rest well, even with treatment. When I smoked, I chain smoked in the car because something about driving made me very prone to falling asleep. I'm not sure if it's the nicotine, or having something other than the road to share my concentration, but vaping helps me stay alert.

That's actually not a joke, I suffer from sleep apnea, which means I don't rest well, even with treatment. When I smoked, I chain smoked in the car because something about driving made me very prone to falling asleep. I'm not sure if it's the nicotine, or having something other than the road to share my concentration, but vaping helps me stay alert.
If what I've looked up is correct It's a mix of something to keep a portion of your mind busy and alert and the nicotine acting like caffeine or some other stimulant

KattMamma

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2015
DFW Area, Texas
Too much is unknown.
While I disagree with this (lots of studies showing SHV to be virtually indistinguishable from normal air), even if I take it at face value... if we are to ban exposing children to anything where there is "too much unknown", prepare for LOTS of bans.

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
Go driving while drinking a beer, then tell me again how that private property theory is working for you
driving drunk threatens others on the road... vaping while driving ( other than chuckin clouds with the windows closed and drippin) doesnt threaten others on the road... that has been proved.... what now needs to be proved is vaping with kids around is bad for them... anyone got proof yet??? ;)

if the kids are so important to him... he needs to look into adoption... lotsa kids out there need to be adopted...
Can we keep the content relevant to the subject and not take shots at each other? One of the vape community's biggest problems is that we argue over dumb .... and not stand together and put the petty bull.... aside to fight for our cause

I was thinking the council member who want to care for the kids should adopt.... no shot was aimed at anyone here...
My mistake...I apologize...it was timed just right that it appeared to be the case...my point about the division in our community still stands though

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
I'll go ahead and be the bad guy. I vape with my kids in the car. I'm almost 100% certain that it is safe, and completely certain that there are other environmental issues that are far worse.

I beat you to it, but I'm right up there with you for negligent father of the year award.

I'll go ahead and be the bad guy. I vape with my kids in the car. I'm almost 100% certain that it is safe, and completely certain that there are other environmental issues that are far worse.
Never said I would follow it if I was in the city with a kid...then again odds are I would be on a gsxr 1000 so it would be a non issue anyway

yuseffuhler

Ultra Member
Mar 28, 2015
Houghton, MI
I beat you to it, but I'm right up there with you for negligent father of the year award.
I'm of the opinion that definitive proof is needed before legislation is enacted. I could make up a hot button issue and get a bill passed otherwise. If you listen to all the ANTZ though, I should probably just be put in jail.

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
I'm new to E-cigs as my friend recently introduced me to it. He told me that it is safe for everyone but I still avoid vaping it with my kids because of the existing arguments.
I am not against anyone choosing not to vape around their kids. Legislation is a completely different matter.

I am not against anyone choosing not to vape around their kids. Legislation is a completely different matter.
I completely agree that it should be a parental choice to vape or not to vape around children but for that choice to be taken away by ordinance/statute is just unacceptable...opens the door for too many things...what's next? No drinking mtn dew in front of children because it's promoting childhood obesity?

Amraann

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2011
Florida
I do not think it is a good idea to smoke in the car with your children. I think that vaping is fine.

That being said I do not think the government should ban either one. If they want to start legislating and enforcing laws they should focus on enforcing the ones they already have in place to protect children. Like physicially abusive parents who get 100 chances on the tax payers dime. No.. but please lets wait until that child is so damaged from the repeated chances the parents get that they grow up to be total messes of adults.. Better to make sure no one vapes in the car with their child..
Because yeah that is the real danger to children!

I do not think it is a good idea to smoke in the car with your children. I think that vaping is fine.

That being said I do not think the government should ban either one. If they want to start legislating and enforcing laws they should focus on enforcing the ones they already have in place to protect children. Like physicially abusive parents who get 100 chances on the tax payers dime. No.. but please lets wait until that child is so damaged from the repeated chances the parents get that they grow up to be total messes of adults.. Better to make sure no one vapes in the car with their child..
Because yeah that is the real danger to children!
Would it be a bad joke to say "I'll vape to that"? After the comments about drunk driving "I'll drink to that" just seems inappropriate lol

Reactions: Amraann
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread