no subohm

Status
Not open for further replies.

ddarlington24

ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2013
usa
There's really so many devices i could suggest maybe some detail what do you usually vape like watt range are you specifically wattage only devices. You said no sub-ohm so i'm going to go ahead and say no to any mechanicals.

Right now the current theme in china is how many temperature control devices they can make.

Do you have a price point in mind 50-60?

Maybe something like this heatvape mini 50w temperature control. http://vapenw.com/box-mod-20w/invader-mini-50w-by-heatvape /URL]

not sure if tc is something that you want but its there if its an option for you I picked it based on its ruggedness

Keesie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2010
Pa
Just checked out the heatvape mini and seems to be problems with it not firing. Really like that it would fit well in my breast pocket though. I am currently vaping just an ego pen style with a protank 3. Had a reo but tank kept breaking upon impact & also a big big for me. $50 -60 range is good. Also not into making coils need something easily replaceable. Dripping not an option for me either. Thx for any help!

ckquatt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
Milledgeville, GA
How about the Aspire CF Mod and a Nautilus Mini? That's a single 18650 mod that doesn't require you to subohm. I guess my question would be why does it have to be 18650 if you aren't sub-ohming?
Maybe long battery life? I don't sub ohm and all I use are 18650 size mods.

Sent from my Commadore 64 using Tapatalk

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
I don't think chinese mods are going to hold up to the punishment you are planning on giving them.

so I'll agree with those who said REO or Provari. (REO Grand takes 18650; Provari full size takes a 18650).

Since provari has circuitry, best to not get wet.

Whereas, a REO you can drop in a puddle, wash in the sink, and it keeps on tickin'.

you didn't say what industry or if you work outside, so just wanted you to know this.

ddarlington24

ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2013
usa
Just checked out the heatvape mini and seems to be problems with it not firing. Really like that it would fit well in my breast pocket though. I am currently vaping just an ego pen style with a protank 3. Had a reo but tank kept breaking upon impact & also a big big for me. $50 -60 range is good. Also not into making coils need something easily replaceable. Dripping not an option for me either. Thx for any help!
I've looked into that button issue it seemed to plague the v1 i believe that they addressed it in the v2 of that device. i can't speak any further than that as i don't own one.

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.
For construction and two day overnight surf fishing trips i have always relied on the MVP series , tough as tough can get and battery life for days , also charges other things if needed . Dropped onto concrete nearly daily for a year and doesn't miss a beat lol.

I know not a replaceable 18650 but the best work mod i have ever found and cheap.

Reactions: Eric Auer

juggler86

ECF Veteran
Feb 1, 2015
Wisconsin
Yes want 18650 for long life. I work inside in an aluminum extrusion plant. Heat is an issue as I am frequently leaning over a 900 degree hot box for tooling. Reo worked well when I was in a forktruck and agree it can take a beating but it falls out of my breast pocket and there goes the tank.

Are you sure you know what a REO is? Yeah you can use a tank, but nobody would or does since its a bottom feeder. I think youre confused on what a REO is. How about a SMPL with an all Steel Big Dripper, no way will that break.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md

How does one Keep Breaking an LDPE tank mounted inside a Metal Frame?
I've got LPDE Tanks 3yrs. old that have been squeezed thousands of times, knocked over, dropped dozens of times. LPDE is almost impossible to break.

If you are talking about a Tank on Top, that isn't because you were using a REO. You Drop any mod with a Tank and the Tank hits first it is liable to break or at minimum bang up the drip tip. Also Most REO users run a modified Dripper.

If your mods are that pron to hitting the floor I would suggest a Coat pocket, Holster or Lanyard.

* Now, Cloupor Mini is a Small 18650 with 30w of power to get the job done.
In a few weeks the IPV D2 will be released and is as small with 70w VW and TC.
Kayfun and Russian come with Metal Tank sections for durability.
Cage sections are available for several modern tanks, but less durable due to Glass centers.
Glass center tanks like Subtanks are an obvious gamble.

It all boils down to how well one can manage equipment care.

Keesie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2010
Pa
I have original reo minis. They aren't compatible with a tank. I use a 510 atty and a drip tip. They work fine but slip out of my pocket. Last time it happened atty & drip tip smashed bent reo threads and door came off battery came out and rolled who knows where. I need something that won't slip so easily like silicone covering or something and that fits easily into a breast pocket.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread