• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

No Topic, just Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigeyes

ECF Veteran
May 5, 2009
Well there's always Dorothy, but I did like it..Of course I was a second grader. Mom still fusses about the dust and sand or whatever under the window seals every day. It was rather dusty and windy, kind of like Cheyene.
California is beautiful, I was in a small town above Sacrameto called Colusa. But once you get on the freeway it's a nightmare! We went down to Canoga park in the Valley/L.A area/Topanga Canyon whatever it is, and I was on the floorboard in fear. My brother-in-law said he was only doing 90 and was being passed! The bridge into S.F. was a free for all and the hills were not places you wanted to drive a V.W. bus. I like flat land!
:lol: My mom still loves Kansas, I don't know what she sees in it. I love SF.
I used to drive a bus in the North SF Bay area/Napa Valley. You haven't lived till you've driven something huge and hard to stop around all those crazy drivers and people weaving around after they've come out of the vineyards. :rolleyes: Still, I'd much rather drive in the SF area than the LA area myself, those people scared the bejeebers out of me! I just buried my face in a book and made someone else drive.

Of course, my current state is in the bottom 3 for worst drivers in the country, and that is no joke. You take your life in your hands whenever you hit the road here. Small population, but none of them can drive and the roads are treacherous. One false move and off a cliff you go......8-o

Seems like there's a different brand of bad driving for every state. Oklahoma was bad for people turning either way from whichever lane they were in without warning. Gotta have good reflexes to drive there. :lol: In Texas I always found if you just went fast enough to stay with the flow of traffic and knew where your exits were you were OK, but if you got lost or didn't know where your exit was, or had the misfortune to be in the wrong lane you were doomed. :( People were awfully polite there until they got into their cars. :lol:

bigeyes

ECF Veteran
May 5, 2009
I thought this was interesting too, since I have lived a couple of places where I just didn't 'fit.'

U.S. Regions Display Marked Personality Differences

State Personality Map

Note how when you click on 'conscientiousness' (is that a word?) Hawaii almost disappears. If you've ever tried to get service in a restaurant or store here you'll know exactly why that is. :lol: When the surfing's good people call in sick to work. :cool:

bigeyes

ECF Veteran
May 5, 2009
Did any of it line up with your experience? The Hawaii thing made me laugh, because it's so true. People are very friendly here, but they're secretive and there is a severe lack of work ethic employers complain about.

I thought it was interesting people in the heartland scored higher for 'conscientiousness' because I do remember that being a strong point for that area. I think it would have been more interesting if it had been more in depth, though.

Mary Kay

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2009
West Tampa Fl.
I had no idea what they meant by Florida. People in the tourist area's are like every big city..harried and rushed. People in the less traveled area's are for the most part like Mid westerners..laid back and nice. But wait..most of the people in Florida are from the Midwest, North and other Countries! So I guess it's not fair to say we are like any one thing.

As for driving in Florida..please! When you are in traffic in Tampa or St. Pete all you see is little blue, bald or lavender heads popping up and down in the car in front to the side and in back of you.

There is no such thing as multiple car right hand turns at a light, it takes grandpa half hour in his caddy to make that turn. After you wait for the next light to make your turn, you all but rear end grandpa!

The free way isn't like L.A., it's a dogdge car straightaway. With grandma and her bingo group doing 12 miles an hour hugging the middle lane and grandpa and his fishing buddies coming home pulling their 50 foot fishing boat doing 13 miles and hour..you get nowhere fast!
Throw in the teen drivers, the cell phone, do my makeup and eat McDonalds crowd and the gotta get to work/home from work manics doing 90..it's an E-ticket ride.:rolleyes:

I have to drive 20 miles to get to a freeway from my house..LOVE IT!

Last edited:

bigeyes

ECF Veteran
May 5, 2009

Mary Kay

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2009
West Tampa Fl.
I would like to point out a few trends I have noticed..Applogizing for every edit..foget it! I sometimes have to edit 3 or 4 times! We aren't in the main body of the forum, and even there I edit (I do try to give a reason up there)! Down here we do as we please..within reason of course..LOL
The other thing is that we are sooo worried about stepping on each other's toes. Surely we can't all be that tenderfooted. A simple "sorry" will suffice and maybe a smiley. It's very hard to hear the tone of voice and see the others smiling at the keyboard, but do try. Besides, most of us seem to be nice enough people to begin with!;)
Trust me if flaming starts, I will talk to the flamer and if that gets nowhere..delete posts and speak to Lu. I do carry a big stick and I am not afraid to try to lift it!! LOL
Last is being reluctant to start threads..I hate looking like a tread starting nut! But I do like choices in topics. If you start a thread somebody here will answer you. It doesn't have to be a question, it can just be a topic you like.:thumb:

Mary Kay

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2009
West Tampa Fl.
I have no clue if it's required, It's there and I just do it when I can. In some other forums I have posted in..people get real picky. Oh well, maybe there is a good reason, like others editing your posts.
Down here I just don't care..typo, misspelling, train of thought that just left the station with out you or a change of heart.
maybe another "real" mod can tell you. I am just a Jr. Mod who was thrown in head first..:rolleyes: thanks Kate:?:

Cori

ECF Veteran
May 7, 2009
USA
Just bought an M402 :D

Wasn't posting much for awhile, just reading and taking everything in. Got let down by Blu, and TrueSmokers having customs issues.. and then today when I went to place a Ruyan order, I went an hour later to finish it up and get some notice about them being on holiday.. DOH!

Very extremely excited though :D:D:D

I'm very excited for you. I'll bet you anxious to get it. Let me know how you like it. I was looking at that model too before I ordered the Janty Stick, I'd be very interested in hearing your thoughts on it.

AngeLsLuv

ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2009
Lake Ariel, PA.
Hi Everyone,

I've been reading tons of stuff on the forum, and will get an e-ciggie when I finally decide what one I want and from whom...

Anyway, while looking around I found this group and thread.. Thought it was Scathingly Brilliant!!!!!!

I mean, you can just post about anything and don't need to post 100% e-ciggie stuff, and hopefully get aquainted with those who join (us gals gotta hang together) *VVBS*

At the moment I really don't know what to say about myself, other than I tend to ramble on and on, I type way too much per/post...

As far as the basics, I guess it would be easier to read my Care2 page but I can't post URL's yet, so that's out the window...

Let's see... Uuummm...

I'm 45, I live in Northeast Pennsylvania (in the Pocono Mountains).. I actually live like a mile from one of those Pocono mainstays, the "Honeymoon Resorts", and yes, they do have heart shaped and champagne shaped bathtubs *LOL*.. My town is sooooo tiny and nothing is really near it, so I am still clueless as to why in anyone's right mind they would want to have their honeymoon here...

I've lived in PA. since 1981 and used to live closer to Scranton for the first few years (and yeppers, the people do act alot like the personalities of the characters on "The Office" *LOL*)... Prior to PA, I grew up in Southwestern Connecticut...

Besides that, I've been smoking analogs since 1978, and with some major medical problems and hassles from my doctors, I fingured that I really better quit, but I enjoy smoking too much to quit (like everyone who smokes)... Along with that, I am a HUGE Todd Rungren fan and have seen him in concert about 150+ Times....

Now see!!! I just wrote a novel and if anyone read all of it, you've got patience *S*

So Take Care and Hope this group and thread picks up... I'm enjoying everyone I've read on the forum and that shocks me....

Cori

ECF Veteran
May 7, 2009
USA
Welcome Angel..I totally agree, this is a great place. Everyone I've met so far has been very friendly and helpful. I'm glad you found your way into the woman's room, I think you'll love it here. I'm sorry I can't really offer you any advice on the ecigs, I'm still too new myself. As for this thread..its the best and I'm sure it will pick up and grow quite fast. Afterall, we don't even need to stay on topic. I have trouble with that sometimes. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread