• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

No Topic, just Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mary Kay

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2009
West Tampa Fl.
Oh No, bridezilla alert! LOL Plan ahead do we? I didn't even know my 1st husband 30 days before I married him! Congradulations:) brunhilde.

Hello Angel and welcome. Your first post was very nice. Thanks for sharing. :D Just teasing you. I am a bit wordy myself..I know you will find this little area of the board a nice place to lighten up a bit. Of course there are some serious subjects too.

Moody2

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
OK girls, Alittle abut me and then I have 2 stupid questions.

Born and raised on Long Island New York. Currently residing in Northern Virginia about 10 minutes outside of DC. After 2 failed marriages I am living with a wonderful man who I hope to keep around for a long time. Marriages were 2 learning experiences that I do not regret.

I am a woman who works in a mans field. I struggled for many years to prove myself. I am a service manager for a car dealership service department. Not easy to do or achieve as a woman. But I enjoy what I do (getting to boss around men all day:p)

Anyway I feel really lucky to be a non smoker after 17 years-Half of my life because I will be 34 this year. I tried quitting many times before , prescription meds, nicorette, the patch. Nothing worked. I am now just over a month with no analog and I owe it all to e-cigs and the support from the forum (oh yeah and of course Spikey-my cousin)

OK now for my stupid questions:
1) What is janes kick juice and who sells it?

2)How do you edit a post once you have already posted?

Thanks girls-Glad to be a part of your group.:lol:

Oh No, bridezilla alert! LOL Plan ahead do we? I didn't even know my 1st husband 30 days before I married him! Congradulations:) brunhilde.

Bridezilla isn't it.. ..Please say it's not it.. :oops: I do want to marry him, and the proposal was more like ceasefire terms in a war. "Will you marry me?" "Not until I'm 25" "Sounds good" Hahahahah. Friends who I told were like 'Oh its 2 years away what if something happens?" And my thoughts are, good.. if something happens in those two years, it'll save a lot of hassles without the whole divorce thing. Basically, we have the marriage right now without the paper and the tax benefits, and it suits us just fine. I'd never be 'married' if it were up to me.. but this state has banned civil unions and recognition of civil unions to combat homosexuals that want to be married, if it were up to me we'd have a civil union, which is recognised by a few other states that do not set laws specifically against homosexuals..

I went on a ramble there.. Sorry.

Mary I just want to say how wonderful and awesome you are for making this such a welcoming place for all the women who want to participate. I've seen a lot of forums where ladies jump into cliques, but here its a very very open armed community and you are definitely one of the people who help make it so

medic23

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2009
Southern KS
I'm with ya hilde. I've been with my man for 14 years and still don't feel like getting married. He's been married before and it didn't work for him and I think I would feel trapped with that piece of paper and that til death do we part crap ;) It works for us and I'm not sure it would if we were married. I also agree with it saving time on the divorce thing. We called it quits a few times early in the relationship so think of all the lawyer fees i've saved (more money for e-cigs :) ) And also being able to leave without much ado keeps him on his toes ;)

Mary Kay

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2009
West Tampa Fl.
Thank you Brunhilde, I am sure it is a group effort though! I like it down here away from the spammers and flamers and ..dare I say it..on-topic and spelling police..lol Although I did see where C. and Lu caught a spammer in here! It was waaaayyy to early in the A.M. for me. Missed the fuss...drat 8-o it could have been a streaker! zippp...There he goes...:oops:

As for marriage, been there done that! I would have never married 2 or 3 except that they were military. They insisted (not me) because of base housing, medical and commisary. Oh well # 3, Mike, worked out for the last 33 years.:D
If it's going to last it's going to last. Marriage or not. My best advice, Play fair when you fight..no matter how wrong he is. Trade places once in a while..he does dishes and vaccums, you mow lawn..it's nice outside and you can work on your tan. Above all never aim to wound.:lol:

AngeLsLuv

ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2009
Lake Ariel, PA.
Welcome Angel..I totally agree, this is a great place. Everyone I've met so far has been very friendly and helpful. I'm glad you found your way into the woman's room, I think you'll love it here. I'm sorry I can't really offer you any advice on the ecigs, I'm still too new myself. As for this thread..its the best and I'm sure it will pick up and grow quite fast. Afterall, we don't even need to stay on topic. I have trouble with that sometimes. :p

Hi Cori,

Thankys for the welcome.. I'm having a great time in here and learning tons of info.. I did decide earlier that I'm getting a Titan (510) from CigTech's since it is suposedly a powerful one, not to mention they give you 2 for $48 and then I'll grab the USB Passthrough and stuff... I'll have to wait until my check arrives on Monday, but I am really excited..

If everyone stayed on topic all the time, I think it would become pretty boring.. Once I get used to this place, I tend to suffer from "Foot-In-Mouth Disease" which I'm told is kinda funny to witness.. Beware :sneaky:

Take Care

Moody2

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
If it helps, my first marriage ended and we both realized we were great friends but too opposite to stay married (well he realizes that now) But we got married on the younger side.
My second husband was military. He wanted to marry me a few months after we met. At first I was hoping on just staying engaged (enough committment for me) But gave it one day on a spur and agreed to get married. We were not meant to be and there are alot of issues with that. Won't get into it.
Now I am living with a wonderful man. I seem to have a 5 year glitch so I am hoping if we can make it past five years then maybe I will get married. But he is so different than what I have been with. He kind of makes me feel like I could be happy married again. Its not all bad. I guess each person is going to have there own opinion on this matter. Good luck.

AngeLsLuv

ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2009
Lake Ariel, PA.
Marriage is terrifying to me. I drink a ton knowing it could have long term health effects... I've been smoking for 8-9 years... but marriage? That shiz is like.. forever.. holy crap 8-o thats a long time.

Hi brunhilde,

Oh... Be Careful with the drinking ;-)

Don't want you sloshed, walking up the aisle, and trip on your gown *LOL*

That's the point that I always thought, "Technically" it would be forever, but these days, if a couple stays together, it's rare..

I started young though, so that tainted my views too.. I was dating a guy at 15 in high school (not my first) and things got bad for him at home.. Long story, but he ended up moving into my house with my family.. My mother and step father being hippies years earlier, and my "Sagitarian" ways, they knew it would be stupid to insist we wouldn't share a bedroom.. We stayed together for over 5 years... So I did jump in with both feet... After that I lived with afew other guys for short times and then the last one I lived with for 7+ years..

There are two reasons I never wanted to be married..

Firstly was that after afew years it felt like even though we slept together and all the "nick-nick-nicken" was going on, my general feeling was that I would turn into just a friend or at the worst a "mother" to them.. That is terrible in my mind and emotions..

The other reason for the past 13 years is that I am on SSI (disability).. If I ever got married, my husband and I would legally be concidered "one" so I would lose my medical insuance (Medicaid) and the $474 a month (try to live on that amount.. No wonder my parents and I share expenses and I have an apartment-like set up downstairs from them)..

Now I am alone and have been for a number of years.. It's cool though.. If I ever met someone, sure I'd date but I would think long and hard about living with them.. Last thing I need is to deal with their problems and ideocyncracies on top of my own... I just want to live happy with no over-due burdens...

Don't get me wrong, I'm VERY happy for you and it takes a big heart to jump into it these days... You have to promise though, that you will keep us up to date, and know that we are all rooting for you and your's *VVBS*

AngeLsLuv

ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2009
Lake Ariel, PA.
If it helps, my first marriage ended and we both realized we were great friends but too opposite to stay married (well he realizes that now) But we got married on the younger side.
My second husband was military. He wanted to marry me a few months after we met. At first I was hoping on just staying engaged (enough committment for me) But gave it one day on a spur and agreed to get married. We were not meant to be and there are alot of issues with that. Won't get into it.
Now I am living with a wonderful man. I seem to have a 5 year glitch so I am hoping if we can make it past five years then maybe I will get married. But he is so different than what I have been with. He kind of makes me feel like I could be happy married again. Its not all bad. I guess each person is going to have there own opinion on this matter. Good luck.

Hi Moody2,

See, thrid time's a charm!!! Congrads on that for sure.. It's the 5 year "glitch" that always got to me... Still fon't know what it is, but it is true..

Mary Kay

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2009
West Tampa Fl.
In my opinion, it's whatever makes you happy. You have all the time in the world to make up your mind. Don't sweat it!
You are worried about forever, believe me forever isn't all that long and not long enough if you are in love. :wub:
But if you get cold feet and decide not to marry the guy..well that's not the end of the world and might not even be the end of the relationship.:rolleyes:
Relatioships should not beabout crying, they should be about happiness.
It took me 3 trys and now I am happy. But if I had never married the first one I would't have met the third (they were in the same squadron). Life is funny sometimes.:rolleyes:

Wildsky

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2009
Nebraska
Thank you Brunhilde, I am sure it is a group effort though! I like it down here away from the spammers and flamers and ..dare I say it..on-topic and spelling police..lol Although I did see where C. and Lu caught a spammer in here! It was waaaayyy to early in the A.M. for me. Missed the fuss...drat 8-o it could have been a streaker! zippp...There he goes...:oops:

As for marriage, been there done that! I would have never married 2 or 3 except that they were military. They insisted (not me) because of base housing, medical and commisary. Oh well # 3, Mike, worked out for the last 33 years.:D
If it's going to last it's going to last. Marriage or not. My best advice, Play fair when you fight..no matter how wrong he is. Trade places once in a while..he does dishes and vaccums, you mow lawn..it's nice outside and you can work on your tan. Above all never aim to wound.:lol:

I love to mow the lawn actually! I did the front today - we have a cheesy little push mower and live on 3 acres 8-o I was mowing lawn while hubby went grocery shopping :lol: :lol: :lol:
(we've been married for almost 11 years now)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread